CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I misread the meaning Gusto. My bad. Yeah...hard to believe. But it may be Doug they are after to fit with Karl at a lower cost than Gay who takes too many shots. Karl likes to spread around the scoring and have a team, not a focal point.

He may want to move Gay, and is targeting McD. They may not even want Taj, but the impetus is Doug, but to make it happen they have to take on Taj. Maybe even cut him after. We are shedding Taj's contract and getting Rose more of the talent in line with what his brother wants. Rose should know Gay well from team U.S.A.
But the Kings drafted Stauskas before Doug, and then they moved on from him. So I don't know how much more Doug gives them than that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd do it but no draft pick to them. They need big time help in place of Dunleavy and Gay does have a lot of skills. They haven't had a decent SF since Deng who was a good player. Gay doesn't bring defense but apparently the new regime doesn't care about defense. Also, Gibson will probably not be happy under the new scheme of things because of their change in defensive philosophy. So, as I am a huge Gibson fan, he deserves to go to a place where his talents are appreciated.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm saying Dun fits into a team better than Rudy.

Oh my God........... that is just Hilarious. Quick, tell us another one of your "gems" of insight. Try to make it over two sentences though if it doesn't tax your brain too much:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunleavy is the worst starting SF in the NBA. Period. End Of Story.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're the Bulls- you don't blink on this.

Don't get me wrong- I love Dun, but Rudy Gay and Jimmy Butler flying around on the wings? Throw in Niko to start at the 4 next to Pau at the 5. That team fits Hoiberg perfectly.

Besides- outside of Game 1...Dun was atrocious in the Cleveland series. The JR Smiths & Iman Shumperts of the world won't outplay Gay.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunleavy is the worst starting SF in the NBA. Period. End Of Story.
Once again, I find it difficult to believe that he's worse than Wesley Johnson and Kyle Singler. Terrence Ross also.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That figures since you know nothing about basketball.
It's not out of the question to think teams are a little wary of a guy coming off a down year and offseason ankle surgery.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like it. No offense to dunleavy but we havent had a legit sf since deng. Rudy fits the bill. And he is only 29.

I'd say that they really need to make sure his ankle is okay after surgery.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a reason Rudy Gay doesn't have a lot of playoff games in hus career and Dunleavy does.

Gee. Maybe he didn't have a lot of good players with him(Gay)?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Besides- outside of Game 1...Dun was atrocious in the Cleveland series. The JR Smiths & Iman Shumperts of the world won't outplay Gay.
Really? I remember him having a couple decent games

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It would be nice to have gay, but I don't see the point as it doesn't push us into title contenders. Better to keep the young, inexpensive players and develop them. Trade Taj, but not our young players.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd like Gay. I don't like his contract. We already have a few too many contracts that hurt cap flexibility.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like Gay. I don't like his contract. We already have a few too many contracts that hurt cap flexibility.
I think his contract expires after this year...unless he just signed a new one.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
bottom line here is Hoiberg seems to value versatility evidenced by mcdermott trying to do more than just spot up shooting at the summer league games. Neither duneleavy or mcdermott can create their own shot or put pressure on a defense like gay can. Gay can post up very well, solid mid range shot, his 3pt shot has improved and is a solid defender. This would also allow butler and gay to switch on pick and rolls without giving up much of an advantage. Gibson is winding down, i love his tenacity however its better to try and get value for him now before he completely breaks down.

The other scenario may be if gay is traded for, he may come off the bench to lead the 2nd team which do have many options at creating shots. A 2nd team of brooks, snell, gay, portis and noah would be formidable and also put less pressure on portis as he is still getting up to speed.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
bottom line here is Hoiberg seems to value versatility evidenced by mcdermott trying to do more than just spot up shooting at the summer league games. Neither duneleavy or mcdermott can create their own shot or put pressure on a defense like gay can. Gay can post up very well, solid mid range shot, his 3pt shot has improved and is a solid defender. This would also allow butler and gay to switch on pick and rolls without giving up much of an advantage. Gibson is winding down, i love his tenacity however its better to try and get value for him now before he completely breaks down.

The other scenario may be if gay is traded for, he may come off the bench to lead the 2nd team which do have many options at creating shots. A 2nd team of brooks, snell, gay, portis and noah would be formidable and also put less pressure on portis as he is still getting up to speed.

Bulls arent going to take that contract to have him come off the bench.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once again, I find it difficult to believe that he's worse than Wesley Johnson and Kyle Singler. Terrence Ross also.

You could be right and I won't split hairs with you but that is faint praise:)