REPORT: Five teams have interest in Patrick Kane

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Heatley was charged (and plead guilty) to vehicular manslaughter among other charges. Obviously it isn't rape, but it is still one hell of a charge. Heatley, who hasn't been close to what he was and clearly isn't where Kane is, has found employment in the NHL since that charge. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want a convicted rapist on a team I root for, but don't fool yourself in thinking that it can't happen (obviously after the person serves their punishment). There will be teams who will look past that, put their own PR spin on it, and then try and win on the ice because of it. Just the way it is.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Heatley was charged (and plead guilty) to vehicular manslaughter among other charges. Obviously it isn't rape, but it is still one hell of a charge. Heatley, who hasn't been close to what he was and clearly isn't where Kane is, has found employment in the NHL since that charge. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want a convicted rapist on a team I root for, but don't fool yourself in thinking that it can't happen (obviously after the person serves their punishment). There will be teams who will look past that, put their own PR spin on it, and then try and win on the ice because of it. Just the way it is.

The stigmas attached to vehicular manslaughter are nowhere near as bad as the ones attached to rape. I don't see a convicted rapist getting an NHL contract. Anything short of a conviction, though, and I think he'll have a place to play, in Chicago or otherwise.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
The stigmas attached to vehicular manslaughter are nowhere near as bad as the ones attached to rape. I don't see a convicted rapist getting an NHL contract. Anything short of a conviction, though, and I think he'll have a place to play, in Chicago or otherwise.

While I agree, and even noted in my post, that vehicular manslaughter and rape are different beasts, I think 5 teams calling right off the bat tells you that Kane would still be capable of playing in the NHL if convicted, pleads guilty, etc. as long as the league allows.

TCD

Liked Posts:

Completely different circumstances and events as you said. Should never have even posted any relation to the Dan Heatley event as its a very large stretch and doesnt work at all.

Not even close to the same scenerio and it happened before the uproar of social media and all other variables that are different now in culture. Also more important Heatley killed a friend in a horrible dumb act which caused a horrible accident. He has also paid his dues to that friends family and still does to this day. A horrible accident and one which was delt with privately between the parties involved and a healing process that is completely different than one between a rapist and one raped. Wasnt PR in that case it was a delt with responsibly and with dignity between Heatley and The Snyder familly.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Completely different circumstances and events as you said. Should never have even posted any relation to the Dan Heatley event as its a very large stretch and doesnt work at all.

Not even close to the same scenerio and it happened before the uproar of social media and all other variables that are different now in culture. Also more important Heatley killed a friend in a horrible dumb act which caused a horrible accident. He has also paid his dues to that friends family and still does to this day. A horrible accident and one which was delt with privately between the parties involved and a healing process that is completely different than one between a rapist and one raped. Wasnt PR in that case it was a delt with responsibly and with dignity between Heatley and The Snyder familly.

These are also good points. Heatley was just the first person that came to mind as he was the only other player I could recall being pulled from a video game cover. And it's still just a bunch of wondering and speculating on our point because we just don't know a damn thing about what's going on with this.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Anyways the other questions that should be asked is if kane doesnt get charged and doesnt get convicted and is deemed not guilty which is just a fair scenerio right now. Then what PR is done by the league to ease the mind set of some fans? A non guilty verdict wouldn't automatically clean up the mess there will still be a reluctant fan base (although small) who will still believe in a pay off etc. this is a mess that isnt going to be cleaned up at the snap of fingers. And kane himself if found not guilty or never charged probably isnt going to be immune to the hundreds of side handed remarks and continuing slander. Something im sure he is used to now but its going to get much more furious. Plus the paparatzi are going to have a hay day with every move he makes. It could get ...nah it will get very gross. Kane will never be the same again and it will test a lot of him.

Are we to expect the same old walk and dance PR. kane doing speeches, donating time and money to rape shelters, etc etc? Or do those moves make the doubters of his innocents even doubt more? Anything new they can throw out there? What do they do?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyways the other questions that should be asked is if kane doesnt get charged and doesnt get convicted and is deemed not guilty which is just a fair scenerio right now. Then what PR is done by the league to ease the mind set of some fans? A non guilty verdict wouldn't automatically clean up the mess there will still be a reluctant fan base (although small) who will still believe in a pay off etc. this is a mess that isnt going to be cleaned up at the snap of fingers. And kane himself if found not guilty or never charged probably isnt going to be immune to the hundreds of side handed remarks and continuing slander. Something im sure he is used to now but its going to get much more furious. Plus the paparatzi are going to have a hay day with every move he makes. It could get ...nah it will get very gross. Kane will never be the same again and it will test a lot of him.

Are we to expect the same old walk and dance PR. kane doing speeches, donating time and money to rape shelters, etc etc? Anything new they can throw out there? What do they do?

Can you imagine the chirps he's going to get on the ice?

BETTER GO TRADE FOR JOHN SCOTT!!!

TCD

Liked Posts:
Can you imagine the chirps he's going to get on the ice?

BETTER GO TRADE FOR JOHN SCOTT!!!

Hot crowds in boston, vancouver, brookyln, st louis and detroit are going to be a blast! Kane > Cena.

Reactions: Rex

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Hot crowds in boston, vancouver, brookyln, st louis and detroit are going to be a blast! Kane > Cena.

Maybe he should start wearing a red and black mask now that his heel-turn is complete.

Reactions: TCD

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Vancouver might throw a riot everytime he comes to town.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Per prohockeytalk.com, Kane has not been asked to waive his no trade clause.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And regarding Heatley, I was on Lenox road in Atlanta the night Heatley wrecked, in some shit apartments called the summit at Lenox . I was with a college friend at his apartment (who overdosed just 2 years ago) and heard the wreck happen as it was only a block or so away. We ran down the street and never saw a car look so mangled. Thats not a good road to speed on because it's hilly, curvy and has potholes everywhere on it(he wrecked the car trying to avoid a pothole). Camera phones were still in their infancy then but had they been as commonplace(or as good) as they are today, pics of the wreck would have been all over social media. It was a gruesome scene. And I'll never forget the sound.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was a fucked up situation. He wasn't drunk, although he had a drink or two, but it was not uncommon for Heatley and his boys to turn into speed racer on atlanta's streets. The family didn't want to see another life ruined because of it. I worked at a country club at the time and one of the golf pro's there was some big stupid Canadian dunce that was also a thrashers game assistant of some sort(he was a maple leafs fan), and he told me he was in on one of those joyrides once.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The return in a Kane trade would be fun to imagine

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane's career post conviction would be similar to Mike Tyson's, all hype and not much left in the tank.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Advice to Kane when he gets to prison - Sleep on your back, or Bubba will
If he does go to prison after all is said and done, he might want to preemptively grease the crease becauswe Bubba sure as hell won't.

hester247

Liked Posts:
Ideal trade spot would be down to Florida to reunite with Tallon for Aaron Ekblad and Jonathon Huberdeau

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Ray Rice comparison doesn't work so well IMO because he was pretty damn terrible during his last season of actual football. Kane is coming off what may have been the best regular season of his career (obviously shortened by injury).

I would agree if Rice was a top level talent some team would take him. Look at AP for the Vikings, he beat the shit out of his young son with a stick and is playing this season.

The CBS Houston report continues that Peterson was very matter-of-fact with authorities about the incident, “appearing to believe that he had done nothing wrong.” The boy reportedly said, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face,” that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room,” and that Peterson stuffed his mouth with leaves and hit him with the switch as his pants were down.
adrian-peterson-indicted-child-abuse-the-jasmine-brand-500x335.jpg

If Kane is convicted there's no way he ever touches NHL ice again, KHL maybe?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I would agree if Rice was a top level talent some team would take him. Look at AP for the Vikings, he beat the shit out of his young son with a stick and is playing this season.

The CBS Houston report continues that Peterson was very matter-of-fact with authorities about the incident, “appearing to believe that he had done nothing wrong.” The boy reportedly said, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face,” that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room,” and that Peterson stuffed his mouth with leaves and hit him with the switch as his pants were down.

Definitely a better comparison in terms of a player that's still producing at a high level. But the crime here is much different. I bet you could still find people who don't think that AP did anything wrong in that scenario. That's how a lot of people were raised and they think it "made them tough" or whatever. Not saying it's right, just saying that's the way it is. Conversely, I don't think you're going to find people who would be able to justify rape in that manner.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely a better comparison in terms of a player that's still producing at a high level. But the crime here is much different. I bet you could still find people who don't think that AP did anything wrong in that scenario. That's how a lot of people were raised and they think it "made them tough" or whatever. Not saying it's right, just saying that's the way it is. Conversely, I don't think you're going to find people who would be able to justify rape in that manner.

Even if he was charged, you would still have idiots out there saying the chick consented then decided she wanted some money and claimed rape.