Brandon Marshall vs. Alshon Jeffries: Who will have better numbers?

Who will have better numbers?

• Total voters

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Marshall sure did bring the talent down of his team today. He made those fuckers play horrible! How selfish of him to soak up all those targets and TDs.

Between the Jets and the Bears, one will be in the playoffs and the other will be watching on couches. Funny the one that "can't make the playoffs" will be leading his team into the post season.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Marshall sure did bring the talent down of his team today. He made those fuckers play horrible! How selfish of him to soak up all those targets and TDs.

Between the Jets and the Bears, one will be in the playoffs and the other will be watching on couches. Funny the one that "can't make the playoffs" will be leading his team into the post season.

I do not believe anyone has questioned production on field. The belief is that his antics in the locker room were a distraction and may have undermined what Fox was trying to do.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
We wouldn't have McPhee or Amos and would have more chemistry issues. We would be worse.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not believe anyone has questioned production on field. The belief is that his antics in the locker room were a distraction and may have undermined what Fox was trying to do.

Whose "belief"? I have heard not one Bear ever criticize Marshall. No one. I also have not one coach call him out either. How could they" They never coached him. So what is this hatred of Marshall other than coming from the top as in the McCaskey circus. It didn't fit their narrative of what a good little Bear player is. He outta there because of the NFL version of the Adams family.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hogwash- as stated, Marshall always gets his. Just because you eat more food than the head lion, doesn't make you the head lion.

Regardless, aside from postulating that getting yours doesn't necessarily mean that the team is better for it (while not drawing a direct conclusion in this instance on Brandon Marshall), it has next to nothing to do with my main point that Marshall is not someone who is beneficial for the team overall. As noted many times, he produces on the field.

eat-fat-or-die-manalive-mens-health-fitness-high-fat-low-fat.jpg

How hilarious is this posit. Marshal produces on the field? How about he is an pro bowl guy on the field. But he is not "beneficial" for the team over-all. How you and others undervalue his worth. This offense would be MUCH BETTER with Marshall this season. This team would have at least two more wins with him on the field. That is a 7-4 team and leading this division at this point.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whose "belief"? I have heard not one Bear ever criticize Marshall. No one. I also have not one coach call him out either. How could they" They never coached him. So what is this hatred of Marshall other than coming from the top as in the McCaskey circus. It didn't fit their narrative of what a good little Bear player is. He outta there because of the NFL version of the Adams family.

How hilarious is this posit. Marshal produces on the field? How about he is an pro bowl guy on the field. But he is not "beneficial" for the team over-all. How you and others undervalue his worth. This offense would be MUCH BETTER with Marshall this season. This team would have at least two more wins with him on the field. That is a 7-4 team and leading this division at this point.

:hawked:

I would now like to change my stance on this subject...

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall
62 Catches
800 Yards
7 Touchdowns

Alshon Jeffries
43 Catches
605 Yards
2 Touchdowns

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I'm sure having games with 3 catches and 23 yards is a sure fire way to keep his numbers ahead of Jeffery's...

And you may be the only one in here that really cares if the Jets make the playoffs with Marshall.

Do you think that Marshall is not a quality number one receiver? Do you think that the Bears would not have been much better offensively with Marshall? If you think that, then no one can help you.

BTW......... You do know that Marshall has more TD passes than the COMBINED total of all of the Bears wide receivers this season don't you?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Do you think that Marshall is not a quality number one receiver? Do you think that the Bears would not have been much better offensively with Marshall? If you think that, then no one can help you.

BTW......... You do know that Marshall has more TD passes than the COMBINED total of all of the Bears wide receivers this season don't you?

I think Marshall is a tool bag and that's why he is now playing on yet another team even though his production is quite good when healthy. Fox clearly didn't want him in the locker room and felt he would be a distraction to the team. A guy that would not tow the line and possibly influence other players to do likewise.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't remember the last game that Marshall didn't have an "injury" during a game. Every week he as one of those, oh damn I'm injured, oh wait, nevermind I'm fine, moments. You had no problem blaming INTs/Incomplete passes on Alshon and totally absolving the QB, so nice double standard.

I see. So the fact that Marshall shows up and PLAYS virtually every game and posts pro bowl numbers in his career means that he is a faker? 800 yards and 7 TDs despite drawing two guy on every play is the kind of "faker" I'd take on my team every damn day.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

I'm also curious why a coach like Belichek didn't trade for him. Wouldn't it have been the typical low cost, high reward move that Pat's tend to make? While no one can say for sure that the Patriots were in contact with the Bears. It seems like all of us knew Marshall was on the trading block. So it's safe to assume that New England was also well aware of Marshall availability. So why didn't the Bears get an offer better than the lowly draft pick the Jets came up with?

Surely if Marshall is such a valuable piece for a winning team, wouldn't he stop being traded around like a cheap whore and wind up somewhere like New England or Green Bay? Why is is that those two teams didn't find Marshall to be of much value?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol. To be fair, before this game Marshall has had a good year regarding drops but he been a perennial leader in the category. It was a stupid argument that Alshon is worse due to drops.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

This shouldn't be a Marshall versus Jeffry debate. The debate is why in the fuck did they give Marshall away when he has been one of the top 3-4 NFL receivers his entire NFL career. That was a DUMB decision that I believe was directed by the idiot McCaskey family. No way would a guy as experienced a coach as Fox make that decision. that had to come from the top.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
This shouldn't be a Marshall versus Jeffry debate. The debate is why in the fuck did they give Marshall away when he has been one of the top 3-4 NFL receivers his entire NFL career. That was a DUMB decision that I believe was directed by the idiot McCaskey family. No way would a guy as experienced a coach as Fox make that decision. that had to come from the top.

Because Marshall is an asshat & it's really just that simple. NFL teams clearly feel he is liability in the locker room and off the field.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:hawked:

I would now like to change my stance on this subject...

That is still a great looking bird. As for your "stance", are you a congressman who takes a wide one in the john?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I also hope for Marshall sake that he starts helping his team beat some teams with winning records soon. The Jets could really use that kind of help right about now.

The Jets have won these 6 games

Cleveland 2-8
Colts 6-5 (1st in their division with a 3-0 record in their division)
Dolphins 4-7
Redskins 5-6 (1st in their division with a 2-1 record in their division)
Jaguars 4-7
Dolphins 4-7

The Jets have lost these 5 geams

Eagles 4-7
Patriots 10-1
Raiders 5-6
Bills 5-6
Texans 6-5

Come to think of it....I think I can now answer one of your earlier questions.

Do you think that the Bears would not have been much better offensively with Marshall?

I think if the Bears had played the Jets schedule this year they would have more than the 6 wins the Jets have and they wouldn't have needed Marshall to do that. The Bears are 5-6 without him and have played much much better teams overall.

Jets opponents records so far this year 55 - 65. If you subtract the Patriots record from that its 45-64

Bears opponents records so far this year 68 -53. If you subtract the Arizona or Denver record from that its 59-51

So while both the Jets and Bears have mostly gained wins against bad teams. The Bears have had to deal with much harder teams on a weekly basis overall when compared to the Jets.

While its plausible that the Bears may have won more games with Marshall on the team. Assuming he wasn't a distraction or throwing a wrench into Fox getting all the players on the same page. I would still say its more plausible that the Bears would be better than 5-6 had they played the cake schedule that the Jets have played so far this season.

The Jets played one team that had a record of better than 6-5. That was the Patriots 10-1

The Bears played 5 games against teams that have at least 7 wins or more.

Packers 7-4 (twice)
Vikings 8-3
Cardinals 9-2
Denver 9-2

So if we are playing in fantasy land and trying to figure out what it would be like if we swapped around a player. Why not play the same game with the teams schedules so far?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We all know Marshall can play and if he was the Marshall that the Jets got, it would be a no brainer. Problem is that he was the Marshall going into year 4 after burning bridges and teammates. We can blame Trestman to some extent for not keeping him under control but it doesn't change the dynamic that was already in existence. Guys like Marshall and Ratliff loved Trestman because they could fill his leadership void with whatever crazy shit they imagined and getting rewarded for disruptions like pushing around coaches and teammates.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course Marshall will have better #s this year unless he goes down. A better comparison would be last year in an O that passed even more to what Alshon does this year. Last year Marshall had a lingering leg injury like Alshon has this year. The mark is 721 yards.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They left all that teammate criticizing to Marshall. They knew he had that shit covered. More like eye rolls about the crazy guy. LOL at coaches not criticizing him. They speak louder in actions than do with that baby shit bitching to the media, unless your Kromer. He's always performed way above his trade value yet has always been jettisoned after a few years. Maybe there's a reason.

You can like the guy and think he'd have helped more than hurt in the long run but those last 2 posts are pure bullshit.
vsUJ9fI.gif

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

I guess I missed the part where they all lined up to say they miss Marshall and wish he was still on the team.