Brandon Marshall vs. Alshon Jeffries: Who will have better numbers?

Who will have better numbers?

• Total voters

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can not say that. It is not a vacuum. You can not simply say put Marshall in and WR X out and the bears do better. Marshall was here last year with AJ, Forte, Bennett and the Bears collapsed. Maybe if he stayed the team vibe goes down and locker room divides and the team stops playing for the team but for themselves.

All we know his that we had MARSHALL for 3 years and no Playoffs!

Lolol @ "it's not a vacuum" then proceed to say we had Marshall here for 3 years and didn't make the playoffs. Marshall was NOT the reason the bears couldn't make the playoffs. In fact, he was one of few people that even kept us fucking relavent.

:gtfo:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What if Marshall was on the Bears in 2015

What about Robbie Gould? Didn't he beat the packers too? It's a team game and people are saying an individual or single unit beat a team. Hilarious.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What about Robbie Gould? Didn't he beat the packers too? It's a team game and people are saying an individual or single unit beat a team. Hilarious.

exactly, so everyone can stfu about "Marshall can't make it to the playoffs... Marshall can't beat the packers" He's ONE MAN, dorks.

Glad you get it

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What if Marshall was on the Bears in 2015

exactly, so everyone can stfu about "Marshall can't make it to the playoffs... Marshall can't beat the packers" He's ONE MAN, dorks.

Glad you get it

No one person can do it by themselves. Correct. I still think Marshall rubbed guys the wrong way and pace/fox didn't think he would be good for the culture. I liked the move and still do. Sorry you miss Marshall but he's gone and the bears are playing better than anyone thought they would. Without their 1st round pick playing a game and without Alshon most of the year.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day it would have been nice to see the players coach (Fox) try his best to get a handle on BM. It seems as if an ultimatum was given or he was seen as an opportunity to welcome in the new culture quickly rather than work with him. BM on the field is a monster and can teach a lot of young Bears how to prepare and perform. Pace and/or Fox didn't think he was worth the trouble though and it sucks that we don't have another reliable WR.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But I was told Marshall brings down the talent of everyone around him. I mean, that is what cancer does.

How could they POSSIBLY make the playoffs with him being so cancerous? Derp.

Who has ever said that? There are numerous players that are cancers, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Michael Irvin, Randy Moss. All of them put up great stats and were considered cancers. They were considered that due to how they conducted themselves in the locker room not because of what the did on the field.

What about that do you not understand?

Good on the field, terrible at the team facility/media/etc = cancer

Understand?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who has ever said that? There are numerous players that are cancers, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Michael Irvin, Randy Moss. All of them put up great stats and were considered cancers. They were considered that due to how they conducted themselves in the locker room not because of what the did on the field.

What about that do you not understand?

Good on the field, terrible at the team facility/media/etc = cancer

Understand?

Did you really just ask who has ever said that? I suggest you go and re-read this thread...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Glad you get it

your the one who brought up Marshall making the playoffs with the jets.. So dont start crying when your point blows up in your face..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Marshall destroying the Jeffrey/White/Royal combo with a lesser QB.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm also curious why a coach like Belichek didn't trade for him. Wouldn't it have been the typical low cost, high reward move that Pat's tend to make? While no one can say for sure that the Patriots were in contact with the Bears. It seems like all of us knew Marshall was on the trading block. So it's safe to assume that New England was also well aware of Marshall availability. So why didn't the Bears get an offer better than the lowly draft pick the Jets came up with?

Surely if Marshall is such a valuable piece for a winning team, wouldn't he stop being traded around like a cheap whore and wind up somewhere like New England or Green Bay? Why is is that those two teams didn't find Marshall to be of much value?

That is a bunch of stuff none of us knows anything about. I do know this, when you show your hand in a poker game, the other players know what to do. The Bears, if you are correct were desperate to rid themselves of Marshall, then, of course, no one is going to give fair value. Also, I do not think that they would have tried to trade him within the division if they were smart. As for NE, maybe they didn't want to add Marshall's salary.

Bottom line, they didn't get fair value for a pro bowl receiver and if they would have kept them, they would be in the running for the division and certainly the wild card.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ashlon Jerrifies is averaging about 16 more YPG so far. Too bad he's been a walking corpse.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
your the one who brought up Marshall making the playoffs with the jets.. So dont start crying when your point blows up in your face..

He will make the playoffs with the Jets.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ashlon Jerrifies is averaging about 16 more YPG so far. Too bad he's been a walking corpse.

White hasn't been as good of an influence on him as Marshall was.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't deny BM has played well. But doesn't he always do that the first year or two, honeymoon phase I believe they call it?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Indeed IJPH, indeed...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one person can do it by themselves. Correct. I still think Marshall rubbed guys the wrong way and pace/fox didn't think he would be good for the culture. I liked the move and still do. Sorry you miss Marshall but he's gone and the bears are playing better than anyone thought they would. Without their 1st round pick playing a game and without Alshon most of the year.

And I think that the decision was made by McCaskey and no one else.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we still had Marshall would White's shin be okay?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If we still had Marshall would White's shin be okay?

Only until Marshall inevitably goes on one of his crazy streaks and crowbars it to death