Hello?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah.

I don't know if he is actually banned or if he is just stripped of his mod powers. You'd have to ask the other mods about that.

He hasn't been on here since, though.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
BREAKING NEWS: Local sports fans more enthusiastic about team with better on-field product. More on this story as it develops.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just wait until Dmelt and Samurai come here and try to convince everyone that the Sox are better than the Cubs. They'll use the logic that because the Crosstown Cup still belongs to the Sox (because of a 3-3 series tie) that the Sox are the better team.

Or they'll say because the AL is better than the NL (which is highly debatable considering 3 of the top 4 teams in the majors play in the NL), that the Sox are automatically the better team.

Every post you read on this forum is about 6-foot-3 and you can't be much taller than 5-foot-10.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Honestly, why do any of you Cubs fans actually give a fuck? This might be the single most enjoyable season the Cubs have had in over 100 years and you guys are wasting time with posts in the White Sox forum. I don't get any of you. Yeah, a bunch of us talked shit during the Crosstown Classic. For me, that was just for the fun of it. It made a helluva lot more sense when the Cubs were just 6 or 7 games over .500, as they were in mid-July, and the Sox were beating them. Since then they've gone crazy, and White Sox fans have smartly refrained from any shit talking due to the obvious gap in records. I stopped because I'd like to think most intelligent adults who are also baseball fans in Chicago know that this rivalry is mythological at best. And because I've seen how much fun so many other Cubs fans are having and interrupting that for some bullshit trolling would be a waste of all of our time. So go back to the Cubs forum and enjoy your fucking season, you ungrateful bastards. Let us sulk quietly. We'll survive.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every post you read on this forum is about 6-foot-3 and you can't be much taller than 5-foot-10.

Are all of your buddies going to come over and thank your post?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
lol didn't know Dews left, noticed a lack of cawk talk tho

yeah, I want to say sometime in the off season. We've basically been mod-less for a long time. Dews brought in traffic. We are without a lot of regular guys. Sad. But I get it too. Dews was sick of the junk that was going on and resigned.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, I want to say sometime in the off season. We've basically been mod-less for a long time. Dews brought in traffic. We are without a lot of regular guys. Sad. But I get it too. Dews was sick of the junk that was going on and resigned.

That's not what Rush said...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Honestly, why do any of you Cubs fans actually give a fuck? This might be the single most enjoyable season the Cubs have had in over 100 years and you guys are wasting time with posts in the White Sox forum. I don't get any of you. Yeah, a bunch of us talked shit during the Crosstown Classic. For me, that was just for the fun of it. It made a helluva lot more sense when the Cubs were just 6 or 7 games over .500, as they were in mid-July, and the Sox were beating them. Since then they've gone crazy, and White Sox fans have smartly refrained from any shit talking due to the obvious gap in records. I stopped because I'd like to think most intelligent adults who are also baseball fans in Chicago know that this rivalry is mythological at best. And because I've seen how much fun so many other Cubs fans are having and interrupting that for some bullshit trolling would be a waste of all of our time. So go back to the Cubs forum and enjoy your fucking season, you ungrateful bastards. Let us sulk quietly. We'll survive.
Why do any give a fuck? This seems like sour grapes to me. Brett05 made a specific comment about not supporting the team financially. Do you want to hurt your the team you follow by not following them on TV? Do you want them to have a good TV contract next time or not? These are simple questions that really don't have anything to do with Cubs, not Cubs.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He made this forum run pretty smoothly. I don't miss his consistent poking of fans in the Cubs forum, but with the Cubs being a different team this season, I would venture to guess the conversations we could have would be much different. He was a good baseball poster. :)

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why do any give a fuck? This seems like sour grapes to me. Brett05 made a specific comment about not supporting the team financially. Do you want to hurt your the team you follow by not following them on TV? Do you want them to have a good TV contract next time or not? These are simple questions that really don't have anything to do with Cubs, not Cubs.

Have you watched the White Sox this year? You're fucking right it's sour grapes. I can't remember the last time their offense didn't suck. It's been incredibly frustrating to watch just about every big FA acquisition come to the Sox and post career lows.

I paid for tickets to go see 10 games this year, and for just about all of those games I organized a group of about 8-10 people to go. I supported the hell out of this team financially.

You say you're just asking simple questions, yet you continue to post things like this:

The Sox appear to have a mostly fair weather fan base.

Fairweather fandom at its finest.

Lack of support? LOL. The Cubs forum has been busy. What's missing are the ignorant trolls from Sux fans about how the Sux are better and the Cubs suck.

So, again: the Cubs are likely the most enjoyable team in the MLB (and perhaps all of pro sports right now) yet you're in here trolling Sox fans.

So, I ask again: why do you guys give a fuck about the Sox right now?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Have you watched the White Sox this year? You're fucking right it's sour grapes. I can't remember the last time their offense didn't suck. It's been incredibly frustrating to watch just about every big FA acquisition come to the Sox and post career lows.

I paid for tickets to go see 10 games this year, and for just about all of those games I organized a group of about 8-10 people to go. I supported the hell out of this team financially.

You say you're just asking simple questions, yet you continue to post things like this:

So, again: the Cubs are likely the most enjoyable team in the MLB (and perhaps all of pro sports right now) yet you're in here trolling Sox fans.

So, I ask again: why do you guys give a fuck about the Sox right now?
You realize those are comments directed at a specific poster, right? A poster who doesn't even want his team to have a good TV contract next time because he doesn't want to financially support them. If the team doesn't have money how do you expect them to compete. And yes. I also posted the definition of a fair weather fan. There are a lot of them. Even the Cubs have quite a few fair weathers. That's why Bears football needed to be good. ;)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He made this forum run pretty smoothly. I don't miss his consistent poking of fans in the Cubs forum, but with the Cubs being a different team this season, I would venture to guess the conversations we could have would be much different. He was a good baseball poster. :)

Gotta admit that Dews was one of the better elbow pokers tho. Look what you can get in there now. :\

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You realize those are comments directed at a specific poster, right? A poster who doesn't even want his team to have a good TV contract next time because he doesn't want to financially support them. If the team doesn't have money how do you expect them to compete. And yes. I also posted the definition of a fair weather fan. There are a lot of them. Even the Cubs have quite a few fair weathers. That's why Bears football needed to be good. ;)

You keep saying the fans need to be out there to get a good contract which is turn would relate to a good team. You got the cart before the horse. The team needs to be pro active with putting on a winning product. That in turn draws fans which ends in better revenue. The win/win starts with ownership/management.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You keep saying the fans need to be out there to get a good contract which is turn would relate to a good team. You got the cart before the horse. The team needs to be pro active with putting on a winning product. That in turn draws fans which ends in better revenue. The win/win starts with ownership/management.
You originally stated that your viewership was important so the team could get a good TV contract. You also feel that you don't want to support them financially, so you won't watch them. If you want the team to get better hurting them willfully seems odd as the lucrative TV revenue helps sign top FA. It also means that you seem to think the "we" is OK until you want to be detached from the club and then it's a "they".

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I know they were intended for a specific poster. I don't know why you're wasting your time talking to that specific poster, is all.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I know they were intended for a specific poster. I don't know why you're wasting your time talking to that specific poster, is all.
Sometimes I don't know why I waste my time with that poster either, DMelt. :D

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You originally stated that your viewership was important so the team could get a good TV contract. You also feel that you don't want to support them financially, so you won't watch them. If you want the team to get better hurting them willfully seems odd as the lucrative TV revenue helps sign top FA. It also means that you seem to think the "we" is OK until you want to be detached from the club and then it's a "they".
I said no such thing. I clearly said that watching a team provides a financial benefit to a team and as it stands I have better things to do and my team is not the #1 priority. They have not earned that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Why is engaging me in conversation a waste DMelt36?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why is engaging me in conversation a waste DMelt36?

Because you're a Sox fan. If the roles were reversed between these two MLB teams, I wouldn't be wasting my time talking to Cubs fans.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Because you're a Sox fan. If the roles were reversed between these two MLB teams, I wouldn't be wasting my time talking to Cubs fans.

Gotcha.

But what about those that are baseball fans that happen to have a favorite?