4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Last post Sept 15?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And to think how much shit they talked before the season began. Where are they all now?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
And to think how much shit they talked before the season began. Where are they all now?

Probably the Fire Forum, more active right now anyway :troll:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Is it me you're looking for?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Sox appear to have a mostly fair weather fan base.

Actually I would say we just have a very small fan base. And we also don't support the team financially when they are awful.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Actually I would say we just have a very small fan base. And we also don't support the team financially when they are awful.
So watching them on TV and discussing them on an Internet forum is supporting them financially?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So watching them on TV and discussing them on an Internet forum is supporting them financially?

Sure. We watch, ratings increase, money goes up to the team with the next contract. Plus, when the team craps out, the fans have things to do and making baseball a priority lessens greatly. Am I going to watch the game or am I going to get the grass cut? The correct choice is to cut the grass. Really, given the lack of support the Cubs have had from this board during the past month, one should keep things in house, ya know?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sure. We watch, ratings increase, money goes up to the team with the next contract.
You aren't "supporting them financially" by watching them on TV. You are hurting their chances at keeping up with the Joneses by being fairweather fans though.

Plus, when the team craps out, the fans have things to do and making baseball a priority lessens greatly.
Fairweather fandom at its finest.

Am I going to watch the game or am I going to get the grass cut? The correct choice is to cut the grass.
Even if the team is winning, cutting the grass is the first priority. One can always DVR the game and watch later or listen to the radio broadcast while mowing the grass.

Really, given the lack of support the Cubs have had from this board during the past month, one should keep things in house, ya know?
Lack of support? LOL. The Cubs forum has been busy. What's missing are the ignorant trolls from Sux fans about how the Sux are better and the Cubs suck.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
You aren't "supporting them financially" by watching them on TV. You are hurting their chances at keeping up with the Joneses by being fairweather fans though.

Even if the team is winning, cutting the grass is the first priority. One can always DVR the game and watch later or listen to the radio broadcast while mowing the grass.

Lack of support? LOL. The Cubs forum has been busy. What's missing are the ignorant trolls from Sux fans about how the Sux are better and the Cubs suck.

Cubs forum is always busy, yes.

But remember, I like the Sox too, I'm not trolling when I'm wondering where they all are. Smaller fanbase yes, but there's surely got to be something about them to discuss.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cubs forum is always busy, yes.

But remember, I like the Sox too, I'm not trolling when I'm wondering where they all are. Smaller fanbase yes, but there's surely got to be something about them to discuss.
It's being done on Sox Forums instead of here. I wish there was more activity, but with no active MOD since Dews left, there's really not enough of us on here.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It absolutely supports them financially.

No it's not.

No, I can cut the grass later.

Starting game threads 90 minutes after a game starts sure shows business. :smh:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It absolutely supports them financially.
No kidding. What fans you are that it costs you nothing but time to watch them on TV, but you want to hurt their financial future enough not to be able to sign big FA.
No it's not.
Yes it is. 'A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. " http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fair+Weather+Fan
No, I can cut the grass later.
Fair weather fan
Starting game threads 90 minutes after a game starts sure shows business. :smh:
That's about modding, not forum traffic, jealous fair weather fan.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No kidding. What fans you are that it costs you nothing but time to watch them on TV, but you want to hurt their financial future enough not to be able to sign big FA.
Yes it is. 'A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. " http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fair+Weather+Fan
Fair weather fan
That's about modding, not forum traffic, jealous fair weather fan.

Too much fail for me to correct. You win. Better?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wait until Dmelt and Samurai come here and try to convince everyone that the Sox are better than the Cubs. They'll use the logic that because the Crosstown Cup still belongs to the Sox (because of a 3-3 series tie) that the Sox are the better team.

Or they'll say because the AL is better than the NL (which is highly debatable considering 3 of the top 4 teams in the majors play in the NL), that the Sox are automatically the better team.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It's being done on Sox Forums instead of here. I wish there was more activity, but with no active MOD since Dews left, there's really not enough of us on here.

lol didn't know Dews left, noticed a lack of cawk talk tho

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol didn't know Dews left, noticed a lack of cawk talk tho

Yep. He was stripped of his mod powers because he started banning people for no reason. The new mod they put in his place is much better. Problem is, he's nowhere to be found.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yep. He was stripped of his mod powers because he started banning people for no reason. The new mod they put in his place is much better. Problem is, he's nowhere to be found.

Oh Dewey