Crock Pot Time

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I've been wanting a crock pot forever, but for whatever reason haven't bought one. Well this weekend I finally pulled the trigger. I figure for my first meal out of it I should make pot roast. This is cooking now and it smells awesome, 10 hours is a long time to wait.

EZCrVz0SeYJeVD0JtpzguCKWXsw3_TiKhQd9XcXKP8I

So now that I have a new toy, I need more ideas of what to cook in this thing. Anyone else crock pot?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've been wanting a crock pot forever, but for whatever reason haven't bought one. Well this weekend I finally pulled the trigger. I figure for my first meal out of it I should make pot roast. This is cooking now and it smells awesome, 10 hours is a long time to wait.

So now that I have a new toy, I need more ideas of what to cook in this thing. Anyone else crock pot?

I love it for roasts where you are basically braising the meat/etc.

While it isn't the same as slow smoking, you can make really decent pulled pork in a crockpot.

just rub the meat with salt/pepper and liquid smoke and put it in there for the max time, turns out pretty much the same flavor and consistency as the bbq version, minus the "bark"

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Chili

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I need to get one of deez... slow cook some dinner while im at work, make my house seem warm and inviting when I get home.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok Shifty,

Here's a super easy pulled pork reciepe that's awesome. You can gift me some wine later. I am actually throwing this into our crock tomorrow morning.

One 4-5 pound pork roast /butt.
2 yellow onions sliced.
5 garlic cloves sliced thin.
1 cup chicken broth.
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, chili powder and salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 ground cinnamon
3 cups bbq sauce.

Rinse and dry pork. Coat with all ingredients. Lay on top of sliced onions, garlic cloves, and pour broth over pork. Cook 8-10 hours. Strain and retain garlic and onions. Rip apart with fork and coat with sauce of choice. Let warm on low.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I need to get one of deez... slow cook some dinner while im at work, make my house seem warm and inviting when I get home.
So did you get one of deez yet?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well nows the season Ares!!!!

I need to drink myself to the bottom to recover from all the Ls Scoot, once I come back up maybe I will get a crock pot

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I need to drink myself to the bottom to recover from all the Ls Scoot, once I come back up maybe I will get a crock pot
You do that.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm crockpotting some delicious meatballs tonight in honor of the baers forum.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will you dislike DJ_Moore_is_fat for me? Dude shouldn't be in the blue, hes terrible.

So much this. Do the right thing scoot.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Butter and cake mix, Combine
Put canned fruit into bottom of Crock
Add Cake batter
let it go on low for 4 hours.
Excellent crumble dessert.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Butter and cake mix, Combine
Put canned fruit into bottom of Crock
Add Cake batter
let it go on low for 4 hours.
Excellent crumble dessert.

Sounds delish. But you can skip the butter, extra calories and adds nothing of flavor

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Crock pots are wonderous. I used mine over the weekend for BBQ beef, was good. Same crock pot my moms bought for me when I moved out in the mid-80s, damn, I've been cooking semi-regularly in the same pot for over 30 years......guess I got good value for ~$19.99 at the time.