Rose can't stay healthy physically or mentally

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
He sat because he didnt trust the Bulls had his best interests. He saw all the crap Luol Deng went through with tbe Bulls downplaying his injuries and botched spinal taps. Tough to defend.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
It's cringe worthy to watch him speak but as long as he continues to do what he can do out on the court to help the Bulls win then IDC.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He sat because he didnt trust the Bulls had his best interests. He saw all the crap Luol Deng went through with tbe Bulls downplaying his injuries and botched spinal taps. Tough to defend.
The Deng shit all happened well well well after Rose decided not to play in 2012-13.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did, but it's ok
:hi5:
I'll just say this:

Rose isn't perfect, but I feel he gets an unnecessary amount of criticism for reasons that I feel are debatable. No one says Wade is collecting a paycheck when he sits out 30+ games to rest his knees. But Rose sits a couple games to rest his and all of a sudden he's dogging it and has no heart. Both are sitting with the long term health of their knees in mind, I don't see why one should be blasted for it. Rose missed 11 games prior to retearing his meniscus. That's not even that big a deal imo.

That said, Rose says all the wrong things to the media. Possibly whatever he said makes sense in context and we're hearing it out of context construed in a way that makes it look like he doesn't care about the team, or maybe not. Either way, Rose needs to either wisen up with what he says or adopt a policy of saying as little as possible. He shoots himself in the foot.

He also has a ways to go with proving himself to be a player that's worth the money he was talking about.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Deng shit all happened well well well after Rose decided not to play in 2012-13.

Not the year the Bulls called Deng's stress fractures bone bruises and had the media put pressure on him to play by calling it "active rest". The happened in Rose's rookie year. Deng was a Bull that everyone of the team respected. The Bulls had most of Chicago thinking Deng was babying himself and calling him soft. The Spinal Tap was just the last straw. Deng was forced to take a selfie in the hospital b/c people were even questioning that. And the spinal tap was so botched that he almost died.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The humble kid from Chicago can go elsewhere in 2 years.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
League rules require that he makes himself available to the press. Acting surprised or thinking he shouldn't talk, well.... not going to happen.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose is either stupid, trolling his haters, or both. I'm leaning towards both.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So my question is what the fuck have you done with your money? He had his rookie deal, which by the way that alone would be able to make his son comfortable...then you get a max deal and what was, at the time(not sure if it still is or not), the biggest endorsement deal EVER by an athlete. He should have enough money that his great great great grandkids never have to work a day in their life.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
So my question is what the fuck have you done with your money? He had his rookie deal, which by the way that alone would be able to make his son comfortable...then you get a max deal and what was, at the time(not sure if it still is or not), the biggest endorsement deal EVER by an athlete. He should have enough money that his great great great grandkids never have to work a day in their life.

Dude, Rose is probably supporting 100 people . Guys from Rose's background can never have enough money. Remember Antoine Walker. It is not about smarts, either. Rose probably feels guilty for making it out and feel obligated. It is compounded even more being the hometown kid.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, yes but no. He's still got a ridiculous amount of money, but a good chunk of it goes to taxes and supporting quite a number of people I'd imagine. And the Adidas deal isn't all at once either I don't think so it's not like he has 200M in cash right now. But yeah, he's got a lot of money and he doesn't have to worry about anything.

Plus, let's not pretend like every NBA player (or athlete...or anyone for that matter) isn't out to get as much money as possible, especially at his age.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is a complete tool. He can't stay physically healthy and his recent statements make you wonder about his mental health. This guy hardly plays and he is already talking about the next big contract. It seems that he really believes the rest of the world is around here to serve him financially. What a tool and an idiot. GTFO Derrick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mments-create-unnecessary-headaches-for-bulls

My God. Did he really say this shit?

“I’ve been moved on [from the lawsuit],” Rose said. “This whole summer I had tunnel vision. My mindset was just making sure that I was working out every day and spending as much time as possible with my son. And focusing on those two things. Making sure my family is financially stable, as far as seeing all the money that they’re passing out in this league. Just telling the truth. Just knowing that my day will be coming up soon and it’s not for me. It’s for [two-year-old son] P.J. and his future, so that’s what I’m thinking about now.”

“[I want to be] here,” Rose said. “But when you talk about that much money, the only thing you can do is prepare for it. I’m trying to prepare, not only myself, but my family. And I’m doing this all for my son. Like I said, I’m thinking about his future. Even though we’re alright, we’re comfortable, when you talk about that x-amount of dollars, I think it raises everyone’s eyebrows, so there’s nothing wrong with being over-prepared.”

Did he really say that crap. Come-on.....this is a joke right? The guy has banked a shitload of money, doesn't have a wife just a young kid. "we're all right"? We are comfortable? Are you shitting me, Rose? This guy has to have shit for brains. He is actually trying to put out a story that he is just another struggling guy? Amazing. He is an agents and PR guy's nightmare.

He has an asshole for a brother and an entourage of losers. Trade him and rebuild around Butler and Mirotic. Get about 3 number one picks and an expiring contract for him. Trade him to the Knicks and get Melo in return with those three picks. I am sick of this guy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He chose to sit out when many players would have played. That's the definition of "lack of heart" IMO. He cares about one person, D. Rose.

It is clear to me also. Him sitting out when cleared to play was a perfect indication.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
technically its nothing wrong with what he said. i commend him for his honesty and he should get all he worth and set his family up for generations....but it wasn't really a smart thing to say

especially in Derrick's case who hasn't been earning his current contract and has kept the team hes on in limbo for 4 years straight....say you're focused on staying healthy, making up for lost time or bringing a championship to the city

*its also worth to note that Derrick brought this up unprovoked. the question was about the lawsuit and he rambled off into this im focused on free agency in 2017 thing...just stupid

Good point. The guy is already in trouble with many fans about his rape charge. He was also in trouble for his previous crap about not wanting to to be physically impaired after he retires(He is the only player on the planet who thinks that?).

Rose had the city in the palm of his hand when he came to the Bulls. And Chicago fans forgive their "stars" consistently. But this guy is too much to take. A guy who banks multi millions of bucks wondering about his families economic situation is about as dumb as it gets. Go Derrick Go and don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out:)

Troy23

Liked Posts:
wow, 3 years ago, everyone was in love with D-Rose. Now seems like everyone wants him gone from Chicago.

Can't wait for him to get back to being the Derrick Rose you all loved and you all eats your words!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
This guy is injured yet again, and mental. Again GTFO of Chicago D. Rose.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with his mentality if he plays up to a max contract level for 80+ games, gets in the MVP discussion, and earn his home team bonus money.

Now if he decided to go tax free to Texas, or starts protecting himself by trying to be a jump shooter, we have problems.

Wow the guy has a one track mind. P.J., P.J., P.J....I understand being a father changes you, but P.J. should be fine if he was just smart about it, and thats after his rookie contract.

I wish he could fathom multiple mental concepts at once. P.J., money, championship, being the best you can be legacy, that winning=money, that his play= money.

Sounds like he worked on his game all summer to make more money...I'm kinda ok with that but I just don't get why these guys can't appreciate the game and have a love for the game at the same time. Why confine yourself to a toxic one track mentality that is warned about in spiritual books? Focus on the material is not the most enlightened state, and can be toxic. It also isn't the road to the most material, the universe if an ironic bitch.

Jordan had one desire...winning. And he the richest mofo of them all. These young derps should take a lesson.

I feel like that's what he said. He hit on everything, how much he was practicing, and his renewed drive for the season. I honestly felt like this was overblown by the media. Derrick knows his play has been subpar, especially compared to his contract. If he doesnt show improvement, he wont be getting another fat check. That is motivation, and not a unrealistic one at all. All the players are interested in money. It is their job. Jordan also cared about money, not just winning. Go read about his negotiations with Nike.

Derrick is by no means a good speaker, but I didnt see this as putting his foot in his mouth.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel like that's what he said. He hit on everything, how much he was practicing, and his renewed drive for the season. I honestly felt like this was overblown by the media. Derrick knows his play has been subpar, especially compared to his contract. If he doesnt show improvement, he wont be getting another fat check. That is motivation, and not a unrealistic one at all. All the players are interested in money. It is their job. Jordan also cared about money, not just winning. Go read about his negotiations with Nike.

Derrick is by no means a good speaker, but I didnt see this as putting his foot in his mouth.
Everything is overblown by the media.