Rose can't stay healthy physically or mentally

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Derrick is "brutally honest"? Lol...I think the Bulls are ready to move on

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Derrick said. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER thinks about free agency. All of Summer League & all of Team USA's practices were dominated by the talk, highlighted by John Wall mocking Reggie Jackson's contract. All the players are thinking about the salary cap TRIPLING in a few years. It is a bit odd offering it up like that but he was speaking in generalities about his off season and he was honest. I personally don't think he should have said anything but I'm not going to sit here and crucify him for it, or question his commitment to winning, or the team. Love it or hate it but he's always going to be brutally honest, even if it's at the most inopportune times.

the thing of it is people are already frustrated with Rose because of the injuries. granted those aren't his fault its still frustrating that hes unable to stay healthy

plus his contract has kept us in a bind that has made us dead in the water for the last 4 years

with that frustration already filling the room and he gets up there and rambles off on how he can't wait to make another truck load of money 2 years from now (unprompted) while he hasn't been worth his current deal...its not gonna sit well

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Derrick said. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER thinks about free agency.

Derrick said something very stupid...that's the problem. Name another player on that level that talks about looking forward to free agency with 2 years left on his deal...unsolicited. It was stupid. Plain and simple. Brother man is about that money...and it seems, that's it.

And no, you don't stop bringing up the ACL...because that is when people started to notice that Derrick is full of shit sometimes. Sorry, he lost fans when he sat there on the sideline 100% healthy, eating candy while teammates sat next to him heaving into buckets and trying to get back out on the floor. Can't say I blame them

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wanted to tank that year
1Anthony BennettPF/SFCleveland CavaliersUNLV (Fr.)
2Victor OladipoSG/PGOrlando MagicIndiana (Jr.)
3Otto PorterSFWashington WizardsGeorgetown (So.)
4Cody ZellerPF/CCharlotte BobcatsIndiana (So.)
5Alex LenCPhoenix SunsMaryland (So.)
6Nerlens NoelCNew Orleans Pelicans (traded toPhiladelphia)[SUP][A][/SUP]Kentucky (Fr.)
7Ben McLemoreSGSacramento KingsKansas (Fr.)
8Kentavious Caldwell-PopeSGDetroit PistonsGeorgia (So.)
9Trey BurkePGMinnesota Timberwolves (traded toUtah)[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NBA_draft#cite_note-JazzTimberwolvestrade-5[/SUP]

[TD]Michigan (So.)[/TD]

[TR]
[TD="align: center"]10[/TD]
[TD]C.J. McCollum[/TD]
[TD]PG/SG[/TD]
[TD]Portland Trail Blazers[/TD]
[TD]Lehigh (Sr.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]11[/TD]
[TD]Michael Carter-Williams[/TD]
[TD]PG/SG[/TD]
[TD]Philadelphia 76ers[/TD]
[TD]Syracuse (So.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]12[/TD]
[TD]Steven Adams[/TD]
[TD]C[/TD]
[TD]Oklahoma City Thunder (from Torontovia Houston)[SUP][a][/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Pittsburgh (Fr.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]13[/TD]
[TD]Kelly Olynyk[/TD]
[TD]C[/TD]
[TD]Dallas Mavericks (traded to Boston)[SUP][C][/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Gonzaga (Jr.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]14[/TD]
[TD]Shabazz Muhammad[/TD]
[TD]SG/SF[/TD]
[TD]Utah Jazz (traded to Minnesota)[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NBA_draft#cite_note-JazzTimberwolvestrade-5[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]UCLA (Fr.)[/TD]
[/TR]

So which piece of shit on this list would you have preferred? Oladipo is easily the best player on this list.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think everyone has been ready to move on for years

Now that there is a good chance he returns to health, I am not ready to move on at all.

Let's not forget that Derrick Rose at his best represents the best hope to win a championship. He's a superstar.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Now that there is a good chance he returns to health, I am not ready to move on at all.

Let's not forget that Derrick Rose at his best represents the best hope to win a championship. He's a superstar.

I think his attitude and his entourage are inhibiting hopes of his winning a title. He seems more concerned with money than winning.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think his attitude and his entourage are inhibiting hopes of his winning a title. He seems more concerned with money than winning.
Well it's not like such a thing is uncommon at his age. You don't really see guys taking pay cuts to win until they hit their mid 30s. It's not like Rose is gonna sign for the MLE. I still think Rose wants to win. I'd be surprised to see one of those get paid then fall off a cliff type of performance from him a la Larry Hughes.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well it's not like such a thing is uncommon at his age. You don't really see guys taking pay cuts to win until they hit their mid 30s. It's not like Rose is gonna sign for the MLE. I still think Rose wants to win. I'd be surprised to see one of those get paid then fall off a cliff type of performance from him a la Larry Hughes.

You saw 3 legit stars take a pay cut in Miami and people on this forum lambasted them for it. How long was it before Lebron got a max deal?

Rose isn't going to sign for the MLE, but he isn't a max player at this time. It is uncommon for players to talk about free agency 2 years before actual free agency. What he did is unusual to say the least...because it was unsolicited. Nobody asked him about 2017.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You saw 3 legit stars take a pay cut in Miami and people on this forum lambasted them for it. How long was it before Lebron got a max deal?
That's true, but I think we can agree that such behavior is not the norm. All 3 made near max money anyway. I also thought that it was the premeditated decision to team up that got people riled up more so than the pay cuts they took, but perhaps that's just me.

Rose isn't going to sign for the MLE, but he isn't a max player at this time. It is uncommon for players to talk about free agency 2 years before actual free agency. What he did is unusual to say the least...because it was unsolicited. Nobody asked him about 2017.
I can't argue with you there. I have no idea why he brought up 2017. I don't even know what he was asked initially. At the very least, from the way it was presented to us, it makes it seem quite out of place. Perhaps that's intentional or perhaps Rose is just being an idiot with the media, or some combination of both. If a player were to talk about free agency 2 years before the fact, it'd probably be something like "I'm not focused on that" or "This is where I want to be" or anything like that, most likely not talking about how much money they'd make, so that's all on Rose regardless of context.

Just another PR hit for a guy who's quickly becoming one of the most disliked players...at least among internet NBA fans.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That's true, but I think we can agree that such behavior is not the norm. All 3 made near max money anyway. I also thought that it was the premeditated decision to team up that got people riled up more so than the pay cuts they took, but perhaps that's just me.

I can't argue with you there. I have no idea why he brought up 2017. I don't even know what he was asked initially. At the very least, from the way it was presented to us, it makes it seem quite out of place. Perhaps that's intentional or perhaps Rose is just being an idiot with the media, or some combination of both. If a player were to talk about free agency 2 years before the fact, it'd probably be something like "I'm not focused on that" or "This is where I want to be" or anything like that, most likely not talking about how much money they'd make, so that's all on Rose regardless of context.

Just another PR hit for a guy who's quickly becoming one of the most disliked players...at least among internet NBA fans.

Honestly, I think people were riled up because those three players (especially Lebron) wasn't playing for their team. As far as the Bulls go, it was written in stone supposedly that Joe Johnson was coming to Chicago. He didn't because he received a max deal from Atlanta (I remember getting into an argument with a certain poster on here who thought Johnson should have signed her anyway...he would have made the balance of the money on endorsements...but I digress). Those things happen also...all the time. Yet the Heat caught flack about it.

I really think that was a veiled shot at Butler...I really do. And Butler's response affirmed my belief even more.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think people were riled up because those three players (especially Lebron) wasn't playing for their team. As far as the Bulls go, it was written in stone supposedly that Joe Johnson was coming to Chicago. He didn't because he received a max deal from Atlanta (I remember getting into an argument with a certain poster on here who thought Johnson should have signed her anyway...he would have made the balance of the money on endorsements...but I digress). Those things happen also...all the time. Yet the Heat caught flack about it.

Yeah a big part of it was the fact that their team wasn't the team that was chosen. Though frankly, Miami was pretty much the only place where something like that could have happened without them taking extreme pay cuts. But yes, we see players take the money all the time. Happened with Melo just last year. Point is there, players do think a lot about money and choose it all the time and I don't think Rose should be necessarily vilified because he spoke out loud about it.

I really think that was a veiled shot at Butler...I really do. And Butler's response affirmed my belief even more.
As far as the whole Rose-Butler feud...I still don't buy it. I see where the argument is coming from but I don't buy it. At least if there is, they've both denied it as they should. So props to Rose to not being an idiot there. The team also backed up that claim. So even if there is a feud, everyone's at least trying to keep it under wraps and away from the spotlight. I don't think we'll see a Shaq-Kobe situation.

As for Butler's comments...they don't necessarily throw Rose under the bus, but I see what you mean

“I don’t care what the guy talks about as long as he’s helping us win games,” said Butler, who signed a $92.3 million deal this offseason. “Whatever he’s focused on let him be focused, but I think his objective is to win a championship. I’m pretty sure he talked about that as well — and how he wants to help this team win. Everything else, he is who he is.

“He can talk about unicorns and rainbows for all I care. Just help us win some basketball games.”

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just listened to the Derrick Rose interview on Bulls.com where he was asked about the supposed feud with Jimmy and he said he has nothing but love for Jimmy and how he was able to get to where he is. There was also something random about being black in there, but to me it sounded like a pretty reasonable statement. As far as that interview goes I thought Rose didn't make a fool of himself so...yay?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
1Anthony BennettPF/SFCleveland CavaliersUNLV (Fr.)
2Victor OladipoSG/PGOrlando MagicIndiana (Jr.)
3Otto PorterSFWashington WizardsGeorgetown (So.)
4Cody ZellerPF/CCharlotte BobcatsIndiana (So.)
5Alex LenCPhoenix SunsMaryland (So.)
6Nerlens NoelCNew Orleans Pelicans (traded toPhiladelphia)[SUP][A][/SUP]Kentucky (Fr.)
7Ben McLemoreSGSacramento KingsKansas (Fr.)
8Kentavious Caldwell-PopeSGDetroit PistonsGeorgia (So.)
9Trey BurkePGMinnesota Timberwolves (traded toUtah)[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NBA_draft#cite_note-JazzTimberwolvestrade-5[/SUP]

[TD]Michigan (So.)[/TD]

[TR]
[TD="align: center"]10[/TD]
[TD]C.J. McCollum[/TD]
[TD]PG/SG[/TD]
[TD]Portland Trail Blazers[/TD]
[TD]Lehigh (Sr.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]11[/TD]
[TD]Michael Carter-Williams[/TD]
[TD]PG/SG[/TD]
[TD]Philadelphia 76ers[/TD]
[TD]Syracuse (So.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]12[/TD]
[TD]Steven Adams[/TD]
[TD]C[/TD]
[TD]Oklahoma City Thunder (from Torontovia Houston)[SUP][a][/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Pittsburgh (Fr.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]13[/TD]
[TD]Kelly Olynyk[/TD]
[TD]C[/TD]
[TD]Dallas Mavericks (traded to Boston)[SUP][C][/SUP][/TD]
[TD]Gonzaga (Jr.)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]14[/TD]
[TD]Shabazz Muhammad[/TD]
[TD]SG/SF[/TD]
[TD]Utah Jazz (traded to Minnesota)[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NBA_draft#cite_note-JazzTimberwolvestrade-5[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]UCLA (Fr.)[/TD]
[/TR]

So which piece of shit on this list would you have preferred? Oladipo is easily the best player on this list.

Oladipo or McLemore

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oladipo or McLemore
Given the situation in 2012-13 I doubt they would have wanted Oladipo given they thought Rose would be the star PG again at that time.

McLemore hasn't been that effective either, though saw a steady improvement last season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Given the situation in 2012-13 I doubt they would have wanted Oladipo given they thought Rose would be the star PG again at that time.

McLemore hasn't been that effective either, though saw a steady improvement last season.
You can argue for Oladipo at SG next to Rose since he never really was a PG anyway.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You can argue for Oladipo at SG next to Rose since he never really was a PG anyway.
I can, but I also play realism in what the front office has a tendency to think about.