Ted Lilly Extension In The Works?

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
With Kershaw and Billingsley, should they keep them both, Lilly is a fantastic 3rd starter.

bcransom

Liked Posts:
Bills - Kershaw - Lilly - Kuroda is a sick 1 through 4. Let's make it happen.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
34 is not old at all for a baseball player. You would've thrown Greg Maddux out on his ass.

It is old. Greg Maddux is the exception, not the rule.

Baseball players start to decline around 32ish. Lilly is definitely starting to decline. Hell, even Maddux started to decline after his age 32 season.

bcransom

Liked Posts:
It is old. Greg Maddux is the exception, not the rule.

Baseball players start to decline around 32ish. Lilly is definitely starting to decline. Hell, even Maddux started to decline after his age 32 season.
Regardless of whether or not the average baseball player typically begins to decline at this age, Lilly's finesse style of pitching makes him a less likely candidate for it. Unless you have some reason to believe he'll lose break and/or location.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think the Dodgers will re-sign Kuroda? They do have a ton of money coming off the books, but they also have an owner going through an ugly divorce

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of whether or not the average baseball player typically begins to decline at this age, Lilly's finesse style of pitching makes him a less likely candidate for it. Unless you have some reason to believe he'll lose break and/or location.

That can't be proven.

Lilly has never been a dominate pitcher, we have no reason to think that he will get any better. Maybe I am wrong, but it's not something I would want to take a risk on because the reward just isn't that much, considering the price.

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
You know i like Ted and hope he stays with dodgers or goes to a team that has a chance to win a World Series, because he works and keeps his mouth shut and doesn't complain.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know i like Ted and hope he stays with dodgers or goes to a team that has a chance to win a World Series, because he works and keeps his mouth shut and doesn't complain and gets into fights with his manager.

Fixed.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want Lilly. His fastball is already declining and he's too much of a flyball pitcher to continue having success at Wrigley. I could see him signing w/ the Yankees, the team he's always wanted to pitch for again