What do you think is the best lineup the bulls can put together this season?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunleavy as a starter is a big loss for the Bulls. He is at best an 8th or 9th player on a championship team. He can't create his own shot, can't post up his man and is only average as an assist guy. He sure as shit cannot play defense worth a damn. I just do not see why this guy gets all of these kudus from people on this board.
I don't see why he gets so much flak from you. At least I can get why people rag on Rose. Your dislike of Dunleavy seems quite unwarranted.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Toaster rabbit
toaster rabbit
toaster rabbit
toaster rabbit
toaster rabbit

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I don't see why he gets so much flak from you. At least I can get why people rag on Rose. Your dislike of Dunleavy seems quite unwarranted.

Agreed. When Dunleavy was out last season there was suddenly no ball movement, sets werent being run, and players were lazy getting open. I dont know if he's just always communicating, but I see Dunleavy as a major asset to the team. He's like a mini coach. He's post game comments are always spot on, he knows his stuff.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. When Dunleavy was out last season there was suddenly no ball movement, sets werent being run, and players were lazy getting open. I dont know if he's just always communicating, but I see Dunleavy as a major asset to the team. He's like a mini coach. He's post game comments are always spot on, he knows his stuff.

This guy knows.... the value.... of da Toaster Rabbit

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Dunlevy is worth alot more than his stats show. Im surprised no ones ready for Niko as a starter. Im hopeful that the lineup is this.

Rose
Butler
McDermott
Mirotic
Gibson/Noah share minutes

That would leave a good balance of defense with still alot of three point shooting, which will apparently be the focal point. Gibson will clean up and rebound. With less minutes, Noah should be back to his high energy self.

You forgot about that Gasol guy.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose
Butler
Niko
Gasol
Noah

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you think the Bulls should try to run a team oriented offense like the old Bad Boy Pistons teams from 87-91? When they had all those guys averaging like 9-18ppg.

I do not see this team as a run and gun offense in that they truly do not have a real point guard to lead them down court.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I do not see this team as a run and gun offense in that they truly do not have a real point guard to lead them down court.

I don't know why you think Rose isn't a real point guard. He was a pass first pg for the duration of his basketball life until he came to the NBA.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think Niko at the 3 can work? And that Gasol and Noah can play together?
It's the best possible lineup IMO. It's far from perfect.

It's your five most talented and most proven NBA players on the floor. The Bulls don't really have great answers at SF so might as well plug Niko in there.

I'm not happy about it but it is what it is.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
You forgot about that Gasol guy.

Who?
You're right, I completely forgot about the Allstar and euro MVP. I guess we do have a little to many bigs. I suppose then you have Gasol out when Gibson is and rotate with a match of Noah and Miro. Keeping Mirotic on the bench behind Gasol might also help allieviate the pressure of a sophomore slump. Not as much pressure for him.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I'm not as concerned with who gets introduced in the dark as with how the rotation goes and who closes the games.

I think it might go best with

Rose
Butler
Gasol
Gibson
Dunleavy when he gets back and Snell until then

I'm looking at the substitutions depending on matchups with the other team, Mirotic might get more minutes if the other team's 4 doesn't cover well on the perimeter, while Noah would get more minutes against a good post scoring center.

Because if they have even a small lead I would want to finish with

Rose
Butler
Noah
Gibson
Snell or even E Moore

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose-Butler-Snell-Noah-Gasol is a lineup that does a lot for me defensively.

Rose-Butler-McDermot-Mirotic-Noah should be a thing.

Rose-Butler-Dunleavy-Gibson-Gasol should be interesting to see how the analytics shape up and if Noah/Gasol can play together better in a new offense.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose
Butler
?
Gibson
Gasol

The backcourt is pretty obvious. A lot of people might be mad at me for not including Noah, but I feel Gibson is more valuable at this point. Gasol at C just seems to work better on both sides of the court. And paired with Gibson, you can still be strong on the board, defend the pick-and-roll and defend the rim. Having two bigs that can knock down a mid-range jumper is vital... you don't get that with Noah. I'm more optimistic about Mirotic than I am Noah. If Portis plays well enough, it can really open the door for a Noah trade.

The SF is very much a question mark. Mirotic is a bit slow and unimpressive as a three-point shooter to fill the spot. Dunleavy would be a adequate fill-in - as he can hit three's at a high level and nothing else in his game is a big red flag. Him getting injured might actually be the best thing to happen to the Bulls because it really opens the door for McDermott and Snell to grow and give them a chance to prove themselves. So time will tell.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
Rose
Butler
McDermott
Gibson
Gasol

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Dunleavy I could see having a much better offensive season in Hoiberg's system.

Rose
Butler
Dunleavy
Mirotic
Gasol

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears