Oh my.......

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
it looks like another coach will see a season go down in flames while starting cutler. That means that lovie is still the last and only coach to squeeze even 9 wins out of a season despite having jay as qb1.

fixed

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well its official. Jay has not had a winning season without ol Lovie.

He was so happy to see him go...

Jay had 56 starts under Lovie and won 34 games. (607)
Hay has 63 starts under other coaches and has won 27 (.428)

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, not like Urlacher, Tillman, Peppers, Briggs, etc. had anything to do with that success. It was all Lovie.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Availability is an NFL skill. Cutler injuries have costs the Bears a lot of wins over the years.

Maybe he would have been hurt another way but, I can think of at least three that could have easily been avoided. The thumb after the pick in 2011, the hamstring after the pick this year and the concussion in 2012 against Houston, where he should have slid way before. That is at least three injuries that a smarter QB would have avoided.

I don't have a problem with him going for a tackle.

However, the 2 non contact injuries are on either poor conditioning or not knowing how to move well.
The hammy vs. arizona this season and the groin injury vs washington in 2013 should not have happened.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

However, the 2 non contact injuries are on either poor conditioning or not knowing how to move well.
The hammy vs. arizona this season and the groin injury vs washington in 2013 should not have happened.

I think the Washington groin injury was when he was spun down on a hit/sack IIRC.

Could be wrong.

EDIT. Found it.

gifxutler.gif

Also FWIW, I don't think his hammy this season was a conditioning problem. Hamstrings happen to even the best conditioned athletes.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Washington groin injury was when he was spun down on a hit/sack IIRC.

Could be wrong.

That is what it looked like full speed, but he hitched up before he was grabbed.

When he planted his left leg and pushed to the right is when I would guess he did it- his steps get choppy and there was no real contact on the left leg throughout the play.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is what it looked like full speed, but he hitched up before he was grabbed.

When he planted his left leg and pushed to the right is when I would guess he did it- his steps get choppy and there was no real contact on the left leg throughout the play.

Disagree. I think his cleat stuck when he got turned.

But whatever.

Either way, I don't think it's a conditioning issue. Weird shit happens to pro athletes.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

With the backup situation here, I definitely don't want him trying to tackle. He should know when to get down.