Ventura staying!!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hurricane hitting the Bahamas and heading towards Florida will amount to a house fan compared to the shit storm that's coming!!! :yep::X:fist::bigfinger::crying::rage:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And the off season for the Sox is already ruined. It don't matter who we sign or whatever.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's almost a shame (I said almost) that the Sox are going to waste another year of Sale's prime.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I already posted this in the rest of the year thread.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
While I want better, hes done a great job with the pen.

Gosh i wish we could upgrade

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
While I want better, hes done a great job with the pen.

Gosh i wish we could upgrade

That's under the domain of Cooper

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were discussing on the score, trying to figure out what he does well. They could not think of anything.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is another example of what is wrong with the White Sox and it is their owner. He brings in his favorite players as in Ozzie and Ventura and probably pays them peanuts. There are so many possibilities to hire rather than Robin. They need someone with fire in his guy. Robin gets a nuggie from Nolan Ryan. That says it all. It was obvious to me at the beginning of this sad season that they needed a power hitting 3b baseman, a catcher, and two starting pitchers. He didn't give this team a chance to compete because of his being a miser. Did the same for the Bulls by failing to improve that team also for the last five years.

Are Reiny and McCaskey related? Two cheap owners who will not deliver what is needed for their respective teams.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They were discussing on the score, trying to figure out what he does well. They could not think of anything.

Managing his relief core was it. You look at the White Sox team. Not sure how much better one could be with a different manager at the helm honestly. The offensive and defensive ability just isn't there.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
This is another example of what is wrong with the White Sox and it is their owner. He brings in his favorite players as in Ozzie and Ventura and probably pays them peanuts. There are so many possibilities to hire rather than Robin. They need someone with fire in his guy. Robin gets a nuggie from Nolan Ryan. That says it all. It was obvious to me at the beginning of this sad season that they needed a power hitting 3b baseman, a catcher, and two starting pitchers. He didn't give this team a chance to compete because of his being a miser. Did the same for the Bulls by failing to improve that team also for the last five years.

Are Reiny and McCaskey related? Two cheap owners who will not deliver what is needed for their respective teams.
Jerry shells out plenty for this team.

Who would you have gotten at 3b, C, and the two SPs? And whomever you get at SP means no Rodon. And you are also paying JD $32 million to be a reliever.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry shells out plenty for this team.

Who would you have gotten at 3b, C, and the two SPs? And whomever you get at SP means no Rodon. And you are also paying JD $32 million to be a reliever.

I just disagree with you on this one. When you know or SHOULD know going into the season that two of your starting players are bad as in catcher and 3rd basemen are among the worst in all of baseball, you should have solidified your line-up. You might be able to cover up one hole in the line-up but two is very hard to do. That is also coupled with the awfulness of Laroach. As good a season as Abreau had, it could have been much better if he had someone behind him in the line-up to protect him. I don't know the stats on this but I would guess that the White Sox got the least productivity out of the DH position in the line-up and that is truly terrible.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I just disagree with you on this one. When you know or SHOULD know going into the season that two of your starting players are bad as in catcher and 3rd basemen are among the worst in all of baseball, you should have solidified your line-up. You might be able to cover up one hole in the line-up but two is very hard to do. That is also coupled with the awfulness of Laroach. As good a season as Abreau had, it could have been much better if he had someone behind him in the line-up to protect him. I don't know the stats on this but I would guess that the White Sox got the least productivity out of the DH position in the line-up and that is truly terrible.

With Adam it was unknown that he would turn into Dun 2011 2.0. I can't blame the organization for that.

Catcher you got a point, but like I asked, who you going to replace with what we had? There really was no one out there.

3b they liked what Conor did in 2014. If he'd have hit the .285+ again he'd have been the answer at third while they continued to hold hope for Davidson. Who would you have gone after? Pablo? Sometimes there just isn't an easy way out of a mess that explodes in your face in April.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Solid move.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Reinsdorf is such a terrible owner. Who's going to be the next manager after Robin? Frank Thomas? At least 10 years down the line you guys can look forward to Paul Konerko.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
With Adam it was unknown that he would turn into Dun 2011 2.0. I can't blame the organization for that.

Catcher you got a point, but like I asked, who you going to replace with what we had? There really was no one out there.

3b they liked what Conor did in 2014. If he'd have hit the .285+ again he'd have been the answer at third while they continued to hold hope for Davidson. Who would you have gone after? Pablo? Sometimes there just isn't an easy way out of a mess that explodes in your face in April.

I didn't think any of the moves they made were all that great. Except for Melky. Outside of that, Sox did what they always do, go after middle of the road players on the cheap and ended up finishing middle of the road. If the Sox want to have any type of sustained success, which they haven't had in years, they need to build from the ground up. That means Kenny Williams would have to get out of the way. White Sox have been just as bad as, if not worse, franchise than the Cubs. They haven't won 90 games in 10 years and rarely experience any degree of postseason play.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I didn't think any of the moves they made were all that great. Except for Melky. Outside of that, Sox did what they always do, go after middle of the road players on the cheap and ended up finishing middle of the road. If the Sox want to have any type of sustained success, which they haven't had in years, they need to build from the ground up. That means Kenny Williams would have to get out of the way. White Sox have been just as bad as, if not worse, franchise than the Cubs. They haven't won 90 games in 10 years and rarely experience any degree of postseason play.
Make history as limited as you need to make your point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Make history as limited as you need to make your point.

LOL, okay. Just look at the entire Sox history if you want. They've been as futile as the Cubs. The franchise didn't come together in 2005.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
LOL, okay. Just look at the entire Sox history if you want. They've been as futile as the Cubs. The franchise didn't come together in 2005.
And the ten years prior when they were the third best team for a decade behind the Braves and Yankees?