Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keeping Noah's minutes in the low 20's would be far from a bad thing. He's a high energy player, and you get the most out of him in bursts. He's always seemed like a rich man's garbage player. At age 33, HOFer Bill Walton was coming off the bench and played less than 20 min/gm. And they won the title.

The bad thing about Noah coming off the bench with limited minutes is obviously how overpriced he is for that role. But what gives them the best chance to win now is most important.
Brad Miller was at one point the highest paid player on this team and he was coming off the bench behind Noah.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because he's old now. He's not young, he's only going to decline further.

I don't think he is old. He has been hurt, though. IT will al depend on his recovery from his injury. Same thing with Gibson. When healthy, those two guys can really make a difference on defense and rebounding especially.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think he is old. He has been hurt, though. IT will al depend on his recovery from his injury. Same thing with Gibson. When healthy, those two guys can really make a difference on defense and rebounding especially.
Noah has hit 30.. those high energy guys typically fall apart around then. And Noah's always had injuries even before this point.

My point is he's not worth another big contract after this one, even if he has a good season this year. If its a team friendly contract (which I don't know what that is with the new salary cap), then I'm okay with him staying on the team. If not they need to go younger and find a new center.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just read today that Donovan in OKC wants Kanter to come off the bench. Kanter gets paid loads more than Adams. +1 for the Noah sixth man train lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I kind of think Donovan will be a bust.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wait....you mean both Noah and his coach are optimistic on how he'll do this season before the regular season starts? I've NEVER seen an article about this kind of thing.

Yawn.

Let's talk again in January.

its the fact that by all accounts Noah is moving well again, instead of hobbling up and down the court like last year. that's the good news

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
its the fact that by all accounts Noah is moving well again, instead of hobbling up and down the court like last year. that's the good news

Wait a second....you mean he's moving better when not playing 3 to 4 games per week? GTFOH. I simply do not believe it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wait a second....you mean he's moving better when not playing 3 to 4 games per week? GTFOH. I simply do not believe it.

he is playing games though....its called scrimmaging and his body is reacting fine to this point. I probably shouldn't even bother responding....youll only respond with another smartass comment as is the norm with you

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
he is playing games though....its called scrimmaging and his body is reacting fine to this point. I probably shouldn't even bother responding....youll only respond with another smartass comment as is the norm with you

So he's not playing 3-4 regulation NBA games per week?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So he's not playing 3-4 regulation NBA games per week?

why ask a question you already know the answer to? fwiw almost half our team is currently hurt and they haven't been playing 3 - 4 regulation NBA games per week and Noah isn't one of them. so how are these guys getting hurt already if we aren't "playing any games?"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
why ask a question you already know the answer to? fwiw almost half our team is currently hurt and they haven't been playing 3 - 4 regulation NBA games per week and Noah isn't one of them. so how are these guys getting hurt already if we aren't "playing any games?"
Because it doesn't mean anything right now. Noah's health right now isn't a concern as it is 3 months from now when the grind of the regular season is there. Also, the easiest article in sports writing history is the 'guy coming back from an injury preseason' article. Get a couple quotes about last season, get a couple quotes about off-season prep, get the coach to talk about how the player looks in camp, and boom you have 750 words for ESPN.com. I think most people probably understand how silly this kind of thing is, but it looks like you're not most people.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Because it doesn't mean anything right now. Noah's health right now isn't a concern as it is 3 months from now when the grind of the regular season is there. Also, the easiest article in sports writing history is the 'guy coming back from an injury preseason' article. Get a couple quotes about last season, get a couple quotes about off-season prep, get the coach to talk about how the player looks in camp, and boom you have 750 words for ESPN.com. I think most people probably understand how silly this kind of thing is, but it looks like you're not most people.

reminds me of media day bingo

MediaDayBingo2.0.PNG

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

no, I definitely get it. all im saying is its nice that the guy seems to be moving well unlike how he was. the fact that he seems to be healthy to start the season is a nice thing don't you agree??? sure 3 months from now that could change, as it could for literally every other player in the league....but unless you have a crystal ball then all we have to go on is the present

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
no, I definitely get it. all im saying is its nice that the guy seems to be moving well unlike how he was. the fact that he seems to be healthy to start the season is a nice thing don't you agree??? sure 3 months from now that could change, as it could for literally every other player in the league....but unless you have a crystal ball then all we have to go on is the present
Except, from your first post:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Except, from your first post:

and I still stand by it, I think noah can still play at a reasonably high level. time will tell if im right....im sure if he completely falls apart youll be the first one to make sure to let me know it. hope youll give me the same credit if I turn out to be correct