Blackhawks 2015-16 Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay Zawaski@JayZawaski670 1h1 hour ago
There's been a lot out there about Trevor Daley's availability. I'm told they are indeed trying to move him. Coaches don't like/trust his gm

Wow. That Sharp trade is just brutal for us.

Daley for Johns straight up? Would we?

Not only is Sharp the piece we miss the most (I know he had to go and we had to pay a team to take his salary), but man taking Daley's salary on forced us not to be able to sign Oduya and has left us scrambling for defenders.

Svedberg is interesting, but damn was he slow. The pace of hockey with Keith in and Svedberg out is hilarious in contrast. I mean its night and day. Black and white. Ron Jeremy and Pee Wee Herman. muh huh hah.

I hope what we want for Daley to a team that might need an offensive spark from defense is can you please take Runblaad and Bickell off our books too. But we may be in a position where now after paying a team to take Sharp, we have to pay more to take back Daley, and deal with those other two another day.

The Cap sucks at the top, its working as intended.

I would be mad at Stan because it didn't take hindsight, I hated this trade on day 1.

but the Saad trade was a gold mine, and Panarin kept us at a championship level, so....I'll let this one go and move on. Go Hawks!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almost every goal we have given up this season had Daley, Svedberg, Runblaad, and now Rozival fucking up or standing their not harassing traffic or getting back slow.

Q is going to be on a season long search for that 4th defender he can trust. I think its going to be Gustoffson not Svedberg who gets the call up but maybe both will be back if Daley goes. Because Runblaad should go.

And when Q finally realizes its time to give up on Rozival. They are going to give up on Rozy finally right? Like....right? Finally? Please? oh my fucking god he is terrible. I'd rather have Runblaad to be honest.

I simply cannot believe you can be that old, slow, and standing there ineffectual with so many pucks in the back of the net and not get noticed, or get a free pass because you make 3 beautiful stretch passes a game. I mean he makes good passes, he does. But its time Q. I'm sorry.

Do you think Rozy is Q's love child from a lock out season or something? Its possible I suppose. Maybe thats his boy. His literal child.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Idk maybe you and him can go to a "Why am I failing at things I should be trying very hard at" seminar

I'm surprised your mom let you out of her basement. Running low on Mountain Dew Lightning?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised your mom let you out of her basement. Running low on Mountain Dew Lightning?

Did you dig this one out of "How to Troll for Dummies 2004"?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Almost every goal we have given up this season had Daley, Svedberg, Runblaad, and now Rozival fucking up or standing their not harassing traffic or getting back slow.

Q is going to be on a season long search for that 4th defender he can trust. I think its going to be Gustoffson not Svedberg who gets the call up but maybe both will be back if Daley goes. Because Runblaad should go.

And when Q finally realizes its time to give up on Rozival. They are going to give up on Rozy finally right? Like....right? Finally? Please? oh my fucking god he is terrible. I'd rather have Runblaad to be honest.

I simply cannot believe you can be that old, slow, and standing there ineffectual with so many pucks in the back of the net and not get noticed, or get a free pass because you make 3 beautiful stretch passes a game. I mean he makes good passes, he does. But its time Q. I'm sorry.

Do you think Rozy is Q's love child from a lock out season or something? Its possible I suppose. Maybe thats his boy. His literal child.

Wow, of all people I'm shocked you're so anti-Rozy. He's played 2 games and he looked well in them, there was 1 moment of a 2 on 1 he gave up for playing the puck on the corner of the blueline and that was the only bad play.

Oddly, Rozi is the 2nd most physical acting defender on the club behind Seabrook. Q doesn't have or even want his guys being physical so they hardly aren't. Pushing guys out of the net, that's not done because that's not the system. They have been this way for 6 years, with much success at it. They clog the passing/shooting lanes to block the pucks and use their sticks and let a guy stand there hardly challenged a lot.

I don't get why people aren't accepting TVR as the 4th dman already. He's done everything right in the opportunity he's been in with it, playing better than Oduya was in the regular season this time last year, and he if anything isn't struggling with it but getting better with the playing time and situation. He's showing more and more of the 2way offense he had at college finally, and still defending strong.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Q: "That's not true, I have plenty of black friends in hockey!" (frantically searches for Johnny Oduya's phone number)
Best I can do to help would be Marcus Samuelsson...but he's just a Svensk chef. Plus, it's late there, and he's probably asleep. :dunno:

ed469ebf6765e0ea8fad8c2211caeced.jpg

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Wow, of all people I'm shocked you're so anti-Rozy. He's played 2 games and he looked well in them, there was 1 moment of a 2 on 1 he gave up for playing the puck on the corner of the blueline and that was the only bad play.

Oddly, Rozi is the 2nd most physical acting defender on the club behind Seabrook. Q doesn't have or even want his guys being physical so they hardly aren't. Pushing guys out of the net, that's not done because that's not the system. They have been this way for 6 years, with much success at it. They clog the passing/shooting lanes to block the pucks and use their sticks and let a guy stand there hardly challenged a lot.

I don't get why people aren't accepting TVR as the 4th dman already. He's done everything right in the opportunity he's been in with it, playing better than Oduya was in the regular season this time last year, and he if anything isn't struggling with it but getting better with the playing time and situation. He's showing more and more of the 2way offense he had at college finally, and still defending strong.
Pay no mind, he's higher than the Int'l space station. :marshmallow:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

For Rosie it's sample size. I have to admit that outside of completely blowing his coverage on Tarasenko's 1st, he's been largely invisible--a good thing.

Right now I have our D-depth like this:

Keith
Seabrook
Hjammer
TVR
Goose
Rosival
Svedberg
Daley*
Runblad*

* (guys in Rockford can probably do a better job than the shitshow they perform in the backend).

If Rosival doesn't play outside of his ability, he's at least okay. If he does--like trying to cheat and expect his geriatric carcass to move as fast as Leddy's, we get burned. As long as he can do that I don't mind him as a 5-6. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the speed nor ability to cover for guys like Daley or Runblad when they decide to derp it up on the ice.

Now if only Stan would swallow his pride, waive Runblad to free up space for Goose, and have Daley and Rosie flop in/out as #6 things would be decent defensively.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was I too hard on Rozy? iDK, from my perspective when you blow your connection to the ice, your ankle, as bad as he did and at his age you are in a prove it period with my eyebrows raised high. So far all he has proved is he is the guy standing there flat footed or a step late when the puck is behind Crawford.

As for my miscount I just slipped my brain and forgot how great TVR has been since he was playing a top 4 roll already with Keith gone, and now is the 4 with Svedberg gone. I haven't looked at minutes but it seemed Svedberg was in a top 4 roll. I would be much happier is all with runblaad and Rozy gone. Goose and Svedberg up. Daley seems good with Keith, I like the power play. Just with TVR rise and his contract I can see why he is expendable. With the full compliment Svedbergs value seems to be as the #6 on the penalty kill for now. Get faster, get stronger, get hockey instincts and skills up and he is a player I think maybe. Probably best developed in Rockford most of this year.

But we are a better team with Daley and Goose as 5 and 6 as the entire team plays faster without Svedberg at this point in his Devolopment.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Interesting to think about some of the big on ice topics that were going on this offseason around here as about a quarter of the season is done. Anisimov, Panarin, and Daley seemed to be the big ones. A lot of people didn't see Anisimov as a second line center, plenty of people said that Panarin likely wouldn't make it out of camp or have an impact on this team, and many said Daley would easily replace Oduya. If only Daley would have come through...still waiting for that switch to flip.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Got some practice lines to talk about again from today's skate:

Shaw-Toews-Garbutt
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Dano-Kruger-Hossa
Mashinter-Kero-Desjardins

Teravainen, Tikhonov out.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poor Hoss, what did he do to deserve a demotion? He's been playing better lately.

I guess he's gotta mix things up after 2 brutal losses.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Shaw-Toews-Garbutt... glad we're seeing it in practice because we know he'll change it after 1 shift.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Philip Danault returned from his injury and is back on the ice for the Ice Hogs tonight. His progress in the next month should be something to watch, as I think many people had him pegged for a call-up to the parent club this season before his injury.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's hard to imagine him not getting a call up if he was healthy over Kero or Hinostroza

Status
Not open for further replies.