Blackhawks 2015-16 Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They could pay him 2 mil this year if they trade him 50% retained.

Problem is that who would trade for him? He is like an albatross to this team.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Better 4M next year than 1.5 this coming year and 1.5 the year after.

It is? If Bickel cost 1.5M we could find a trading partner to unload him on at least.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is? If Bickel cost 1.5M we could find a trading partner to unload him on at least.
It's 1.5 this coming season and the following if we buy him out. That means we have a guaren-fucking-teed dead cap space of 1.5M when we need to resign Panarin.

No thanks. I'd rather suffer 1 more year of 3.05-4M of Bickell then completely wash our hands of that contract, not have his signing carry over into a year when we abso-shitting-lutly need cap space.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Which is fucking stupid.

Jonathan Quick has been shit for about 3 years now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
So Quick gets 3rd place because the Kings traded their backup goalie in the offseason and got spurred by doing so

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually not all that upset about it. Crow missed a significant portion of the season due to injury and wasnt all that strong before he was shelved. For the first 2/3rds of the season it was a horse race but imho Crow fell off the pace on the last leg.

Holtby and Ben Bishop deserve to be finalists. I'm not going to defend the Quickie choice. Maybe that should have been Crow maybe not. Either way Crow wasn't raking the trophy. Does it really matter if he finishes 3rd or 4th or 5th? Ask Ricky Bobby.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMHO it just shows how much he's glossed over as a "product of his team".

Outside of Kane, Panarin, and Crawford, the team sucked ballsweat. Even when he "fell off" he was still around his historical norm, in spite of seeing more rubber than Miley Cyrus' twat. IMHO he had a much better year than Quick did and did so with less quality players in front of him.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which is fucking stupid.

Jonathan Quick has been shit for about 3 years now.

I've been saying this for years, even when they beat the Hawks. He's just not that good, loses his net regularly and spends way too much time on his knees hoping the King D will clean up his mess...yet everyone in the league thinks he's great.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't want anyone to forget, we are paying Bryan Bickel 4M next season.... in case ur gun wasn't already in ur mouf.

:umud:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
IMHO it just shows how much he's glossed over as a "product of his team".

Outside of Kane, Panarin, and Crawford, the team sucked ballsweat. Even when he "fell off" he was still around his historical norm, in spite of seeing more rubber than Miley Cyrus' twat. IMHO he had a much better year than Quick did and did so with less quality players in front of him.

Agree with all that, but i also think it's fair to say AA and Shawzer had good seasons as well. Certainly didn't suck.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree with all that, but i also think it's fair to say AA and Shawzer had good seasons as well. Certainly didn't suck.
Meh. they were like Keith. Extra-medium. Certainly not career years. Shaw was monster in the playoffs, though. Definitely not as down as Seabs was (his O be damned, he was approaching Runblad-level trainwreck in the back end).

Still, the bulk of the 'hawks games won this season were due to a lights-out performance by Kane, Panarin, Crawford, or some combination thereof.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Before we got too far away from the prior season, I just want to say a quick thanks to everyone in the forum for hanging out during the season. This year didn't end the way we wanted but hopefully these parts made the ride a little bit more enjoyable. Here's to a Cup run in 2017.

Meh. they were like Keith. Extra-medium. Certainly not career years. Shaw was monster in the playoffs, though. Definitely not as down as Seabs was (his O be damned, he was approaching Runblad-level trainwreck in the back end).

Still, the bulk of the 'hawks games won this season were due to a lights-out performance by Kane, Panarin, Crawford, or some combination thereof.

This was the most star-reliant Hawks team I can recall in the current era, and that's a significant problem.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Before we got too far away from the prior season, I just want to say a quick thanks to everyone in the forum for hanging out during the season. This year didn't end the way we wanted but hopefully these parts made the ride a little bit more enjoyable. Here's to a Cup run in 2017.

This was the most star-reliant Hawks team I can recall in the current era, and that's a significant problem.
While I agree, I think it's more of a problem that stars failed to show up.

At least this board isn't the partial-birth abortion that the O-boards are--calling for Crawford to be traded to restock the D. Yes. Let's trade away one of our 3 best players last season :obama:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
While I agree, I think it's more of a problem that stars failed to show up.

At least this board isn't the partial-birth abortion that the O-boards are--calling for Crawford to be traded to restock the D. Yes. Let's trade away one of our 3 best players last season :obama:

We are happy to leap over that extremely low bar you've set for us.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Is toews happy to be back in machu puchu?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.