Blackhawks 2015-16 Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
As long as the person they call up has a cap hit equal or less than that? Explain more please?

1) Who in the hell would be in rockford with a cap hit the size of Bigfoot? Unless Dano is down there to get extended already, and they could do some weird cap bullshit.
2) it seems the 950 will doom him with plethora of similar ability players available to plug in making near the minimum (Garbutt per cap hit/Baun/Dano/Tikhonov/Desjardins/Cumiskey

Bickell's cap hit in Chicago is 4 million.

Bickell's cap hit in Rockford is 3.05 million.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
For his cap hit not worth it. Since he hasn't played up to the level that got him that salary what would be an acceptable price for him .....1 mil per?

Bickell would be an asset to most teams at a 2.25m cap hit-- even then that's pushing it a tad. Bowman haters will always target the Bickell signing as ammunition to trash Scooter. The mistake happened and they still won a cup (almost 2) because of it.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
L5uhIJO.jpg

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he clears waivers can he go to Rockford or is he a free agent and are we eligible to sign him at league minimum?
No. If he clears waivers his cap hit less 950k is still on the books. The 'hawks can recall him whenever (no more reentry waivers). This can mean 1 of 2 things:

1) They think that ickell is totally worthless at the NHL level and are using the freed 950k (assuming they have a free active roster slot and cap space) to play a 950k or less player.

or

2) They are dangling him for free to any other franchise and are seeing if someone will bite.

Bain and Parain need to step it up this year.

Anyway, Bicks cleared waivers and is now back. Not sure I get it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...spt-bryan-bickell-waivers-20151003-story.html
As aforementioned in point 2...they were likley dangling him for free and seeing if anyone would bite and take him off our hands. No one did. Chances are he'll still be on the roster come opening night but hopefully this will be a wakeup call to him--we might be stuck with him for the next 2 seasons but after that his career options might be severely limited unless he starts playing at least to the level that got him the 4M deal.
~~~~~
Cap-wise Hockeycap says we're approximately 190k over, but I bet dollars to donuts Rosival will be LTIR'ed--giving us approximately 410k in cap space. I think because Baun/Panarin looked better to Q and Co. that's why they got the nod over Dano. I do think that Dano will be called back this year unless Baun/Panarin both look to be in the top-3 of the Calder trophy race.

As for the backend it will be interesting to see who falters: TVR, Runblad, or Svedberg. When Rosie is going to come off of LTIR something has got to give and I doubt we'll send down a 13th fed to make room for him. I don't know if Svedberd will be enough capspace, and on the surface TVR looks better even though Runblad could be waived and the bulk of his deal can be buried in Rockford, but the flipside is that Stan may not like that--even if Rosie is just going to take over 7th D.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
New top line at practice today

Teuvo skating with Toews and Hossa.

The remainder:

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Baun
Desjardins-Kruger-Garbutt

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teuvo skating with Toews and Hossa.

The remainder:

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Baun
Desjardins-Kruger-Garbutt

Really love those lines, actually. Especially if Panarin lives up to the hype.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love those lines as well. That Top 6 has serious potential to do a lot of damage, and the Bottom 6 can bring the thunder. Hopefully Bigfoot finds his way out of he woods, and gets off the shine.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love those lines but Teuvo will be off of the first line the first time the Hawks are struggling to generate any offense.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I think Baun is a liability waiting to happen - or rather maybe a boneheaded penalty in the offensive zone, for no good reason, waiting to happen. I think he has Rockford written all over him, and I give him 8 weeks max.

Unless of course he pulls his head out.

In fact that third line looks like a worse version of the 4th line... things will be better when the finally move Bickell.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Like it for the most part, especially TT on 1 and Shaw on 3. I guess if Baun struggles it's Dano time?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Happy to see TT on wing, where I feel he is going to fit in best at the NHL level, but not happy to see Shaw at center. Unfortunately, right now I don't see a better option within the organization so hopefully Shaw can step it up, until someone else gets slotted in there and given a shot, which I'm sure will happen at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.