Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Q hated Leddy doe.

I wish Q would pull his ego out his ass and let some of these young kids fuck up and learn and grow from mistakes they made on ice. Look at Teuvo kid has 0 confidence and is now the reincarnation of Teuvofoot

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I wish Q would pull his ego out his ass and let some of these young kids fuck up and learn and grow from mistakes they made on ice. Look at Teuvo kid has 0 confidence and is now the reincarnation of Teuvofoot

That's what the AHL is for. No reason to have prospects up here at the NHL level learning on the job when there are other players capable of doing that. Sure, it is worth it with a select few prospects (which Q has shown) but for a team that is competing for a Stanley Cup there isn't room for those guys.

Edit: Q has been with the Blackhawks for about 8 years now. Where is this long list of prospects that Q didn't give chances to that are killing it in the NHL with other teams?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's what the AHL is for. No reason to have prospects up here at the NHL level learning on the job when there are other players capable of doing that. Sure, it is worth it with a select few prospects (which Q has shown) but for a team that is competing for a Stanley Cup there isn't room for those guys.

Edit: Q has been with the Blackhawks for about 8 years now. Where is this long list of prospects that Q didn't give chances to that are killing it in the NHL with other teams?

The list is too long to list.... you ask too much of da Bigfoot.... you want him to scratch the list on a fucking tree?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pirri had his nice Cy' Young season and preformed better moving to Wing... could they of tried moving Pirri to wing (although its only been RW I think) instead of trading for Versteeg and gotten the same or similar results in 14 & 15? Idk bout that. But his ride in success seemed to have dried up when he no longer got top 6 pairing time playing besides Barkov/Huberdu types who have been good but lack personal finish sometimes in the last 2-3 years.

That same applied to Jimmy Hayes who in last season had a hot minute but then when he actually lost his top icetime to Pirri he dried up to being that. A big guy who doesn't play big or do anything unless hes on the top 6. That's kinda the fault of guys who didn't get a shot.

None of the defenders Q scoffed away made a mark, Clendening's hit 5 teams, Dahlbeck got healthy scratched some games this year being mostly a bottom pair Dman AND sure Leddy is thriving now. Also grown more as a player and any reality they could of kept Leddy is crazy. Sure in a world going forward now I'd love Leddy's contract and swap out Seabrook even if I've been somewhat a Seabs defender. Though could they of won the cup last year if instead going into the year they traded Seabrook and gave Leddy the extension NYI's gave him, and had a bit more cap to add some extra help, I can't see how that would of worked out so well.

Oddly this is how I seen Panik, and with those saying why didn't Toronto play him, well he wasn't in Babcocks eye gonna be in the top 6 so if you're in Babs bottom 6 you have to play his way or you're out. You gotta be a interfering boxing out grinder defender or a skilled scorer. Maybe the key answer for next year will work if Panik plays besides Toews and Hossa doesn't as much next year for the team to shift Hossa's role.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
^^^ Bingo. I wouldn't include Leddy on that list though as he clearly received a chance from Q and was a very important part of the team in that #5/6 spot and as you mentioned, they likely would have kept him if they could have.

A lot of players have gotten that chance on other teams and they haven't done a whole lot of good with it. Let's take a look at some young players that Q did have patience with and gave a chance to. Shaw, Saad, TVR, Kruger, and TT are all five guys that were young and given chances by Q. So maybe it isn't Q but rather the prospects that are the problem. People need to stop being obsessed with prospects - they don't work out nearly as much as everything thinks they will.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Will this expansion draft happen and if it does, who is drafted off the Hawks?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

I anticipate, if not priorly traded, either AA or TT will be likely picked.

The likely scenario is for Vegas to have a team starting the season after next in the 17/18 season. If another team like a Quebec City or a Seattle also gets a team the same year is less certain.

It seems guys who started their nhl career this current season aka any 2 year players will not be able to be stolen I think. So Panarin would fall in that group not needing to be one of the chosen protected guys. Where a guy like TVR falls in that I don't know, because he was technically a rookie this year but he did begin his nhl career last season.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one major thing about the expansion draft that I heard is that if a player has a bonafied NMC, they *have* to be protected.

So, according to Capfriendly:

Toews
Kane
Hossa
Keith
Hjammer
Seabs
Crawford

All have an NMC. Thus, if we wanted one of them "conveniently" gone in an expansion draft--no dice.

Thus. if it's in the summer before 17-18 and everyone currently signed through then is still with us:

Teams can protect three defensemen, seven forwards and one goalie OR any group of eight skaters, regardless of position, and one goalie. Ergo, Crawford wll have to be protected. Keith, Seabs, and Hjammer have to be protected. Whether the 'hawks go "any 8" or "7+3" is up in the air, since they have the option of either protecting 4 more FWDS, or 2 more skaters.

First-and-second-year professional players would be exempt, so you wouldn't need to use a protected spot on them. Ergo, Panarin any "rookie" from this year next is automatically protected.

Teams can only lose one player for each expansion team that's added. Thus, we'd only lose 1-2 players, max--depending on whether Vegas gets another expansion partner.

Thus, for the 'hawks at this point, I think the question is: Do they protect many other skaters? Right now only AA & Kruger are signed through the 17/18 summer that aren't automatically protected. Going into that summer they have 11 "roster" players and a 58M cap.

I think if someone is taken, it's either AA, Kruger, or likely someone signed this coming season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want some loser expansion team taking players off the Hawks roster dammit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't want some loser expansion team taking players off the Hawks roster dammit.

It's here, the stadium is Pink, it's 95% likely according to some random guy a month ago, get used to it?.. I guess that's how the chant goes.
650x366

I see from others notions it does appear TVR would be eligible to be acquired though as would Ville Pokka and if he has a good rookie year getting time on the Hawks next year that might be a possibly more worrisome D loss.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Every time I've seen speculation regarding players Hawks would lose in an expansion draft, Anisimov is the first name mentioned.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every time I've seen speculation regarding players Hawks would lose in an expansion draft, Anisimov is the first name mentioned.

If true, I wonder how much AA is overrated due to how he looks playing with Kane and Breadman.
I like Anisimov and hope he stays. He's one of the few that stand in the crease, just what that line needs. He's not afraid to check either.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
While "fun" to speculate on what is going to happen with expansion, who would be available, who wouldn't be, etc it is just way too premature to do so. Blackhawks have this off season that we can speculate about instead and that is likely going to see plenty of changes, roles will change on the team, salary cap will change by expansion, injuries can happen, etc etc.

Edit: And on that note of focusing on the offseason, here is a list of the top 30 potential free agents. A couple of guys the Blackhawks traded for made their way onto the list.
http://www.tsn.ca/stamkos-leads-top-30-potential-nhl-free-agents-1.492995

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know the Hawks have 2 prospects on USA in the world's but do they have prospects on any other teams?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pokka is on Finland and Gustafsson & Gustav Forsling were on team Sweden. Of course Panarin is on Russia and is actually 2nd in scoring in the tournament I think.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Pokka is on Finland and Gustafsson & Gustav Forsling were on team Sweden. Of course Panarin is on Russia and is actually 2nd in scoring in the tournament I think.

Thanks I knew Breadman of course do didn't know the others. Hope this springboards Pokka onto the team. Motte just had a sweet goal from Larkin against Canada but I don't know if this is a replay or live. Hinistoza looks good enough too.

Status
Not open for further replies.