Blackhawks 2015-16 Team Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was sitting at a local pub a couple of nights ago and a guy next to me was watching the Kings game on TV. We started talking like guys at a sports bar do and I found out that he was Noah Clarke who had a couple of seasons with the Kings in the late 2006 and 2007 seasons. Really nice guy with a nose that took a couple of different directions:) He was a left winger and finished his career playing overseas in Europe including Ireland.

What was interesting was here this fellow is 37 and doesn't know what he is going to do with the rest of his life. He's got a degree in Economics and an MBA so he isn't just a dumb former jock. Right now he is putting on clinics for young hockey players but doesn't know if that is what he wants to do long term??
I just am mentioning this because we frequently forget about former players when their careers are over and the fact that they are going to have to start all over in something else. At least Noah got himself a good education while playing a game that he loved. I wish him well.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else hear rumors of Hawks interest in Hartnell or Purcell?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Svedberg recalled, Rozsival dealing with a lower-body injury.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Svedberg recalled, Rozsival dealing with a lower-body injury.

Rozival got his right leg blown off up to his knee.... lower body injury.... day-to-day.... Q gonna fit him for a pirate peg-leg-skate and send him back out there.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I thought him being waived and down in Rockford relieved them of his cap hit? Or do they need to send him to France for that?

Those rules changed in the new CBA, you can't eat a deal like they did with Huet in the past.

Bickell being in the AHL saves them 900k of his 4Mil contract and that's it. There is potentially interesting trade options available if the teams wanted to risk it. Like Calgary waived Mason Raymond who has flounded on their team who is with a 3.1 Mil deal this and next year that would be a swap that potentially could help each team. I don't think it's a likely move. But it's on a team like Chicago Raymond could possibly relive the success he once had in Vancouver playing with Kesler

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want Dano.

28 games with Rockford.

3 goals, 15 assists for 18 points, and a plus 14.

Baggage is 34 penalty minutes.

I am looking at his career numbers compared to those of Richard Panik and Sekac.

And I can't make a statistical argument to play either over him. Dano is the superior player at every level. It isn't mind blowing over Panik, but it's measurable and significant. He is a winning player, while those two are neutral players.

I think he is the 10th or 11th best forward in the system right now today. Behind Desjardins and Kruger because of their

intangibles.

Bickell has the other noteworthy plus minus down there.

Come playoff hockey as currently constructed ... My preferred 12 is

11-Kruger-Tt
Bickell-danult- Dano. But I'm guessing that is over cap.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dano!! Dano!! Dano!!

Trade deadline Feb.29.

McGinn, Hartnell, Stepniak, Ladd seem best fits.
Bickells salary could be useful, but we would have to sell the farm to convince anyone to take it. At a player per million, plus 2-3 players and draft picks for their guy, I'd expect it would take

SchmAltz, Bickell, a first, a third, Dano, Rasmussen, Panik, Forsling, and Pokka for an Andrew Ladd rental, or Hartnell. Buff and we would smash everyone to pieces. Not a need, but would be a championship with him leading TT and 11 on third line.

All our questions will be answered soon, with about 20-22 teams in contention and a Kings/Hawks strangle hold on success bidding wars will be steep.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowman is unreal. He has clearly adopted a strategy of developing defenseman in farm to grease the wheels on moves the big club needs to make. We spent three in the off season, and by my count have at least 4 more valuable young defenseman (forsling, Svedberg, pokka, and another young finish junior), that's if you don't consider moving TVR or Gus, because you could play dinasaurs this year and fill in with the farm I just listed in coming years.

Dano can play top 9, fourth line certainly(I think they are giving him extra PT in Rockford so he develops and takes less of a beating on his young frame), but he can also be ammo.

I like our chances this year and think we should sell to acquire future picks and young players to continue a flexible cost controlled dynasty. Dano is the acquisition we already have to spark us a bit, and Kruger eventually.

The four defenseman I listed as ammo have too much potential to move, I will be sad to see them or smaltz or Dano go

Tanner Kero should also be moved because he showed he can play.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt Kruger has much of a future here...possibly this year(he's already on the books), but certainly not next season.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I doubt Kruger has much of a future here...possibly this year(he's already on the books), but certainly not next season.

I wouldn't count out Kruger just yet. I don't think he had a great year before his injury but if he is willing to accept a role as an important/shut down 4th liner and PK guy on this team, he certainly has a future here. Plenty of teams would love to have him. Also, he is a RFA this offseason.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I have no idea how Ladd has done since they moved to winnipeg, but I still have a raging hard on for him and would love to have him back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's a fair question to ask whether team would start Danult or Kruger first.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I have no idea how Ladd has done since they moved to winnipeg, but I still have a raging hard on for him and would love to have him back.

He has done pretty good. However, he recently got moved down to the 3rd line (last 10 games or so) and after Winnipeg's re-signing of Buff today, have to imagine that Ladd is likely going to get dealt.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think it's a fair question to ask whether team would start Danult or Kruger first.

Not at all... Rasmussen would get replaced by Kruger in a heartbeat of Q instantly. Danault would stay the "3rd" line center and Kruger would be back in the Kruger 4c defensive role.

Ladd seemed like the guy they would more likely keep but with apparent demands of him asking too much money for even a good defensive 60 Pt winger, it wasn't going to work out. I think the chose to keep Buff and Ladd will be traded soonish though his value isn't nearly what Buff would of gotten in a trade because of the big scary potential Buff carries.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ladd for Bickell and a prospect for the Cup run. :X :elephant: :X

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not at all... Rasmussen would get replaced by Kruger in a heartbeat of Q instantly. Danault would stay the "3rd" line center and Kruger would be back in the Kruger 4c defensive role.

This!

Status
Not open for further replies.