Week 6 IGT: Chicago Bears (2-3) @ Detroit Lions (0-5) 12:00PM CDT FOX

Who wins?

• Total voters

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing I was hanging my hat on this season was how much better the coaching looked.

Today shook the confidence that was built in them.

lol, you post with such conviction, but your story changes every week. Such declarative statements.

You starting to make a habit of swinging too much with the highs and lows.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure how long it takes for Fuller to be officially a bust but he's almost half way through his second year and he's still terrible. Thought after that one Niners game he might be a ball hawk but the opposite is true - he has the worst ball awareness. So lacking in his confidence to stick to receivers that he won't even turn his head. Fangio has done great with some of the players; the fact that Fuller still looks so bad makes me think he just doesn't have it.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Ugh, are you seriously implying he hasn't been? Not sure if you're just so accustomed to seeing a shit show of tackles to distinguish the difference between good tackle play and mediocre to average play.

What I've seen from Long is Good to Average play. I've seen him make some young mistakes early in the season that he cleared up. I've seen him shut down some pretty good pass rushers since then. I don't think that his play at tackle is what has made our Oline have protection issues. In fact, I'd say Long moving to tackle has been a great success and gives me confidence that in time, he could play well at Left Tackle.

Also, the Bears aren't the only football I watch. So no, I have seen great play from tackles in the NFL. I find it humorous that you would suggest such. Your posts in this thread suggest you have no idea about time and possession. You seem to jump on every call or play as if it were Fox or Cutler's fault. The truth is that there are far more working parts than just "a coach" or "a QB" being at fault. But you don't seem to ever take that into consideration. ie. Jay's int or Fox not going for 2.

And before you make a statement that I'm some how a fan boy of these guys, I did see plays I thought weren't the best call and passes from Cutler that weren't that good either. But I don't knee jerk my response because I see all the other failures and success by all the other people involved in winning or losing.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Not sure how long it takes for Fuller to be officially a bust but he's almost half way through his second year and he's still terrible. Thought after that one Niners game he might be a ball hawk but the opposite is true - he has the worst ball awareness. So lacking in his confidence to stick to receivers that he won't even turn his head. Fangio has done great with some of the players; the fact that Fuller still looks so bad makes me think he just doesn't have it.

Half way through his second year is too early to say he's a bust. But I don't consider a bust someone who can start. You may consider a bust someone who doesn't make a pro bowl. Fuller still has a chance to succeed he has given very little to support that notion with his play this season. It could very well be that he doesn't fit this defense and should be playing in a Tampa Two.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
This team is not talented enough to overcome coaches and refs.

This statement itself is kinda wrong (aside from the refs). I don't think anyone would have said we'd win this game going into this year. Some thought the Lions might challenge GB for the division. Given that we went to over time could suggest the coaches did overcome our lack of talent to make the game actually winnable. Maybe your perspective has changed since the season started, but the roster hasn't (aside from some trades and injuries).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol, you post with such conviction, but your story changes every week. Such declarative statements.

You starting to make a habit of swinging too much with the highs and lows.

I said my confidence was shaken today. I don't want them hired, I didn't say they were bad coaches.

I don't see how that is conviction one way or the other? It was a bad day for the coaches, that was something I thought we were done with.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Half way through his second year is too early to say he's a bust. But I don't consider a bust someone who can start. You may consider a bust someone who doesn't make a pro bowl. Fuller still has a chance to succeed he has given very little to support that notion with his play this season. It could very well be that he doesn't fit this defense and should be playing in a Tampa Two.

The problem is based on his play right now, he probably shouldn't be playing.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They got beat by the fucking lions. The 0-16 dream was good.

mecha

Liked Posts:
going back over this, holy jesus mother of fuck, that Golden Tate touchdown was bullshit. how in shit by all the various ways the Bears have gotten fucked out of scores due to "control of the ball" do they rule that a touchdown?

fuck the NFL dude