AJ to the Rangers?

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Completely and utterly missing the point, once again :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Are you just wanting to start stuff with me now? You two think we can get better than a C level prospect for an aging shit catcher yet I see no way in hell we do. Do you really think we could get Tanner Scheppers for AJ (if he was eligible)?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
If you're asking for specifics of what team would give up whom in exchange for AJ, I don't have them for you. However, what we were talking about before (sans specifics) was that there has to be a team, in a league that still somewhat overvalues defense behind the plate, overvaluing what AJ brings to the table (thus making his current level of production--especially with the bat--less important).

Now, if you want to get into the specifics of exactly what type of prospect a team that overvalues both defensive catching (remember, "defense" behind the dish is more than just the ability to throw runners out) AND AJ's abilities would be willing to part with, well there are a lot of peripheral questions that have to be answered before we can come to a determination on prospect type.

Exactly how much does the prospective club overvalue defense and "handling the pitchers" behind the plate? How close is this prospective club to making the post-season, and what exactly would a trip to the post-season mean to the club (it is irrelevant if AJ would be the deciding factor in a post-season appearance)? Does this prospective team have a glutton of prospects at a particular position (perhaps one that may not be first on the Sox' wish list), thus lowering the value one would need to bring to pry one from their hands?

These are all questions that would need to be answered in order for us to make a definitive decision on the matter, and to say off-handedly that "they wouldn't even get a C prospect for him" is, once again (I've lost count exactly how many times you've done this), overly simplistic and really missing the point.

Last edited:

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
If you're asking for specifics of what team would give up whom in exchange for AJ, I don't have them for you. However, what we were talking about before (sans specifics) was that there has to be a team, in a league that still somewhat overvalues defense behind the plate, overvaluing what AJ brings to the table (thus making his current level of production--especially with the bat--less important).

Now, if you want to get into the specifics of exactly what type of prospect a team that overvalues both defensive catching (remember, "defense" behind the dish is more than just the ability to throw runners out) AND AJ's abilities would be willing to part with, well there are a lot of peripheral questions that have to be answered before we can come to a determination on prospect type.

Exactly how much does the prospective club overvalue defense and "handling the pitchers" behind the plate? How close is this prospective club to making the post-season, and what exactly would a trip to the post-season mean to the club (it is irrelevant if AJ would be the deciding factor in a post-season appearance)? Does this prospective team have a glutton of prospects at a particular position (perhaps one that may not be first on the Sox' wish list), thus lowering the value one would need to bring to pry one from their hands?

These are all questions that would need to be answered in order for us to make a definitive decision on the matter, and to say off-handedly that "they wouldn't even get a C prospect for him" is, once again (I've lost count exactly how many times you've done this), overly simplistic and really missing the point.

You're just going too deep into it man. No need for it. Tell me, do you really think as of today we could nab a prospect such as Scheppers or Font from the Rangers? Because that was the original question. Because if we could, that'd be pretty much straight up rape on our part. Even with TEX's surplus of young pitching, they still wouldn't do that man.

I know you probably think AJ can get us a top 5 prospect, but you're out of your mind if you think so. It's as simple as that. AJ will not get us a good prospect. He sucks right now. Who would give up a young, team controlled player for a catcher who can't hit for shit right now and isn't that great of a defender? Ok, he can handle a staff, whoopee! any catcher can do that that has been in the league as long as AJ has been.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
You're just going too deep into it man. No need for it. Tell me, do you really think as of today we could nab a prospect such as Scheppers or Font from the Rangers? Because that was the original question. Because if we could, that'd be pretty much straight up rape on our part. Even with TEX's surplus of young pitching, they still wouldn't do that man.

I know you probably think AJ can get us a top 5 prospect, but you're out of your mind if you think so. It's as simple as that. AJ will not get us a good prospect. He sucks right now. Who would give up a young, team controlled player for a catcher who can't hit for shit right now and isn't that great of a defender? Ok, he can handle a staff, whoopee! any catcher can do that that has been in the league as long as AJ has been.

Please point me to anywhere in this thread where I said AJ will net us a top-5 prospect, moron :rolleyes:

And do I think we would be able to trade AJ to the Rangers for one of their two top prospects? No, of course not. Saltalamacchia is close to returning (apparently), and that would all but end their need for "help" behind the dish.

And again, you're still missing the point. You should really consider just not posting anymore.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Please point me to anywhere in this thread where I said AJ will net us a top-5 prospect, moron :rolleyes:

And do I think we would be able to trade AJ to the Rangers for one of their two top prospects? No, of course not. Saltalamacchia is close to returning (apparently), and that would all but end their need for "help" behind the dish.

And again, you're still missing the point. You should really consider just not posting anymore.

This point must be so blatantly obvious that was discussed here before you came into this thread? So obvious, it appears even you don't know what it is since it seems you won't even post it?

It's nice, it just shows how intelligent you are that you need to refrain to name calling in each of your posts to try and get your misguided point across. You know what other type of people do the same thing you do? Middle schoolers. Are you a middle schooler, lefty? I don't think so.

*expects another post containing the usual lefty material*

No wonder that no one takes you seriously on this site.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
This point must be so blatantly obvious that was discussed here before you came into this thread? So obvious, it appears even you don't know what it is since it seems you won't even post it?

It's nice, it just shows how intelligent you are that you need to refrain to name calling in each of your posts to try and get your misguided point across. You know what other type of people do the same thing you do? Middle schoolers. Are you a middle schooler, lefty? I don't think so.

*expects another post containing the usual lefty material*

No wonder that no one takes you seriously on this site.

At least I'm intelligent enough to know how to use the term "refrain" properly you imbecile. (you used it as a verb, and while you could technically not sound like a complete doofus if you used it as a noun, I seriously doubt you are capable of constructing a sentence even that complex)

And here's my point, since apparently your reading comprehension skills rival those of bedroom slipper: Defensive catching, specifically, "handling the pitchers", is still overrated in the league today. AJ Pierzynski is one of the more coveted "handling the pitchers" backstops in the game today. Now, because of those two things, it isn't hard to believe that there would be a playoff-contending team that would be interested in what AJ brings to the table (here specifically talking about his abilities with the pitching staff, not necessarily his offensive abilities past or current).

Now, all you seem to be capable of saying is that "they would get a C-level prospect at best for AJ", and as I have demonstrated many times before: this is a simplistic and dunderheaded statement, ignoring many of the factors that would indeed decide what type of value the Sox would be able to demand from a club overvaluing AJ.

Also, it's completely missing the point because nowhere in my above statement did I in any way insinuate what level of value the Sox could get in return for AJ, and to matter-of-factly state what kind of value the Sox could receive in a trade (as you have done), without addressing any of the issues surrounding the team interested in Pierzynski is equally stupid and dunderheaded.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
At least I'm intelligent enough to know how to use the term "refrain" properly you imbecile. (you used it as a verb, and while you could technically not sound like a complete doofus if you used it as a noun, I seriously doubt you are capable of constructing a sentence even that complex)

And here's my point, since apparently your reading comprehension skills rival those of bedroom slipper: Defensive catching, specifically, "handling the pitchers", is still overrated in the league today. AJ Pierzynski is one of the more coveted "handling the pitchers" backstops in the game today. Now, because of those two things, it isn't hard to believe that there would be a playoff-contending team that would be interested in what AJ brings to the table (here specifically talking about his abilities with the pitching staff, not necessarily his offensive abilities past or current).

Now, all you seem to be capable of saying is that "they would get a C-level prospect at best for AJ", and as I have demonstrated many times before: this is a simplistic and dunderheaded statement, ignoring many of the factors that would indeed decide what type of value the Sox would be able to demand from a club overvaluing AJ.

Also, it's completely missing the point because nowhere in my above statement did I in any way insinuate what level of value the Sox could get in return for AJ, and to matter-of-factly state what kind of value the Sox could receive in a trade (as you have done), without addressing any of the issues surrounding the team interested in Pierzynski is equally stupid and dunderheaded.

I'll just be sitting here and laughing if a team trades for AJ gives us shit in return, just to show you that no one is going to overvalue his defensive qualities to the point that they will give us anything valuable in return.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'll just be sitting here and laughing if a team trades for AJ gives us shit in return, just to show you that no one is going to overvalue his defensive qualities to the point that they will give us anything valuable in return.

Well what do you mean when you say "valuable"? I'm not saying the Sox are in line to get a BA top-100 for AJ, not at all. But I do think they could find a team overvaluing what he brings to the table enough to nab somebody decent.