AJ to the Rangers?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
WGN and comcastsportsnet are reporting that the Rangers are showing interest in AJ. AJ is one of my favorite players but change is needed.

xCraCKz

Liked Posts:
WGN and comcastsportsnet are reporting that the Rangers are showing interest in AJ. AJ is one of my favorite players but change is needed.

I love AJ, but I agree. Plus with Lucy showing a hot start earlier in the season, and Tyler Flowers in the minors I see AJ being moved.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The Rangers have inquired about the availability of White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski, a source tells Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Over the weekend, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports identified the veteran backstop as a trade candidate.
The 2010 season has not been kind to Pierzynski, who has a slash line of .198/.254/.292 with 2 HRs in 115 plate appearances. The two-time All-Star is one of six starting position players on the White Sox with a batting average south of .250.
Pierzynski, 33, will have the right to veto any trade in four weeks. Gonzales writes that a lengthy delay in the sale of the Rangers has raised the question of whether the club could take on the remainder of the catcher's 2010 salary. According to Cot's Baseball Contracts, Pierzynski is set to earn a base salary of $6.25MM for this season with incentives that could tack on another $580K.
Acquiring Pierzynski would give Texas an experienced starter behind the plate. To date, they have not found a reliable everyday option in Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Max Ramirez, Taylor Teagarden, or Matt Treanor."

Via MLB Trade Rumors, couldn't get the link box to post it here in class so i just pasted it. If it happens expect it within the next 4 weeks.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
expect it before JUNE 14th. thats the day he becomes 10/5 player and then would have NTC

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Yeah, too bad he's had such a crappy season thus far, now the Sox are likely to get less than what they would have would he be performing at or even near career averages.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

i dont want to see it happen. but i guess change is inevitable.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
doubt it will happen.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
change is needed tho.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
lol, he is owed like 30 million by the end of the 2011 season.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling..............................

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
Oswalt has stated he would love to play for the WS along side his buddy Jake Peavy...it will never happen IMO

Lefty

Liked Posts:
So what? He's probably not even going to be a Type B FA at the end of the season, and arbitration might be tricky. There HAS to be a team out there that is "in the hunt" and overvalues defense at the catching position (specifically, "handling the pitchers"). The Mets and Marlins need help behind the dish, and around the league Oakland and Tampa Bay might be persuaded to get a catcher to help out their young kids at the position.

My point is, defense behind the plate is still way overvalued in the MLB, and AJ specifically is one of the most overrated "pitcher handlers" in the league, so finding a club dumb enough to take him before 10/5 shouldn't be that hard.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
So what? He's probably not even going to be a Type B FA at the end of the season, and arbitration might be tricky. There HAS to be a team out there that is "in the hunt" and overvalues defense at the catching position (specifically, "handling the pitchers"). The Mets and Marlins need help behind the dish, and around the league Oakland and Tampa Bay might be persuaded to get a catcher to help out their young kids at the position.

My point is, defense behind the plate is still way overvalued in the MLB, and AJ specifically is one of the most overrated "pitcher handlers" in the league, so finding a club dumb enough to take him before 10/5 shouldn't be that hard.
How dumb can a team be to give us at best a C level prospect for a catcher whose likely to start hitting better soon?

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
We'll get more than a C level type prospect for AJ teams that are in the hunt have to give it up to get what they need and acquiring AJ at this point will be because of need so I know we'll get something decent in terms of prospect/prospects in return. I for 1 would like to see another youn g 3b, OF or RP with upside for AJ he's a 300 tpe hitter and can handle a pitching staff his only real shortcoming is his puss arm

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
We'll get more than a C level type prospect for AJ teams that are in the hunt have to give it up to get what they need and acquiring AJ at this point will be because of need so I know we'll get something decent in terms of prospect/prospects in return. I for 1 would like to see another youn g 3b, OF or RP with upside for AJ he's a 300 tpe hitter and can handle a pitching staff his only real shortcoming is his puss arm
What prospect do you think we can get for an aging catcher hitting .211/.255/.309 with a noodle arm? And he better be able to handle a pitching staff, he's been in the majors for nearly 15 years. If you think we can get someone like Font or Main from the Rangers for AJ, good luck man. I'd love to get Beltre from them though.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
What prospect do you think we can get for an aging catcher hitting .211/.255/.309 with a noodle arm? And he better be able to handle a pitching staff, he's been in the majors for nearly 15 years. If you think we can get someone like Font or Main from the Rangers for AJ, good luck man. I'd love to get Beltre from them though.

Completely and utterly missing the point, once again :rolleyes: