72-10 watch

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bulls would have had more trouble with Houston in the 90's with Olajuwon in the post than the Golden State Warriors backcourt.

Ron Harper with his length and tenacity would have really troubled Curry. Pippen probably D's up Thompson, and he gets shutdown. Nobody can guard Jordan and Pippen. Rodman literally probably averages 20 rebounds against them.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm big on what Houston did in the mid 90's. That being said, the Knicks guards flat outplayed the Rockets guards in that series.

a series is a pretty small sample size, just saying. overall, Houston was the better team and had a great supporting cast around Hakeem. then, they go out and added clyde the glide the next season and sweep a pretty good Orlando team right out of the finals

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a series is a pretty small sample size, just saying. overall, Houston was the better team and had a great supporting cast around Hakeem. then, they go out and added clyde the glide the next season and sweep a pretty good Orlando team right out of the finals

1995 might have been a different story after the trade acquiring Drexler. In 1994, the Bulls would've beat Houston and New York with Jordan. No doubt about it.

And I'll take Charles Oakley, John Starks, Anthony Mason, and Derek Harper over Otis Thorpe, Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, and Robert Horry.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
1995 might have been a different story after the trade acquiring Drexler. In 1994, the Bulls would've beat Houston and New York with Jordan. No doubt about it.

And I'll take Charles Oakley, John Starks, Anthony Mason, and Derek Harper over Otis Thorpe, Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, and Robert Horry.

this isn't a question of how the bulls with Jordan would have performed against them. you stated that the knicks had a better supporting cast than the rockets and I disagree with that. you are forgetting guys like sam cassell, Mario elie, scott brooks, and matt bullard besides the guys you mentioned for Houston

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this isn't a question of how the bulls with Jordan would have performed against them. you stated that the knicks had a better supporting cast than the rockets and I disagree with that. you are forgetting guys like sam cassell, Mario elie, scott brooks, and matt bullard besides the guys you mentioned for Houston

There were Knicks I didn't mention, too. In my opinion the talent surrounding Ewing was better than surrounding Olajuwon. Granted, it's just an opinion but my mind won't be changing.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There were Knicks I didn't mention, too. In my opinion the talent surrounding Ewing was better than surrounding Olajuwon. Granted, it's just an opinion but my mind won't be changing.

LOL I wouldn't expect anything else but narrow minded stubbornness :)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL I wouldn't expect anything else but narrow minded stubbornness :)

I'm not trying to be insulting. I'm just saying that to me the fellow Houston guys aren't as good as the fellow New York guys. And I'm not forgetting about coaching either

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Sam Cassell, Mario Elie...Olajuwon didn't have the usual supporting cast a franchise player would need for a title team...however, they were a good team and you never knew who would have a big game or hit a big shot outside of Olajuwon.

I think its a wash. Its easy to see why the series went 7 games. Ewing's team was ok, Olajuwon's was ok. Neither had a HOFer backing them up as I recall...

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
GS really got a break with the San Antonio scheduling. First game against San Antonio isn't till Jan 25 and then they play them twice in the last 4 games of the season when Pop is likely going to be resting his stars.

Nice job NBA!

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GS are an incredible team but they also have everything going on their side, kinda crazy win at Utah

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
They have a tough road stretch coming up, I think the pacers will break the streak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steph is so sick. Those shots are truly amazing. The angles are so insane but yet are soft when they get through the basket. I have never seen a shot so soft.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last prediction as a man. I really scare myself sometimes and wonder what lies beneath the power of the herbs. For a week the dark lord has been telling me the lizards will do it. The big lizards. The Raptors. I hope it's not the dark lord. I should have mentioned it three games ago, but I know the truth and it scares me, I want the voices to stop sometimes.
Yours truly, Cassandra.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last prediction as a man. I really scare myself sometimes and wonder what lies beneath the power of the herbs. For a week the dark lord has been telling me the lizards will do it. The big lizards. The Raptors. I hope it's not the dark lord. I should have mentioned it three games ago, but I know the truth and it scares me, I want the voices to stop sometimes.
Yours truly, Cassandra.

You are such an idiot.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Looks like they are going to do it. Sucks. This is how I felt when emmit smith broke walter payton's record which I thought would never be broken.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Looks like they are going to do it. Sucks. This is how I felt when emmit smith broke walter payton's record which I thought would never be broken.

They still have to go 52-10 (depending how this raptors game ends), which is a pretty tall task still

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They still have to go 52-10 (depending how this raptors game ends), which is a pretty tall task still

OT hey Benchmob remember to watch Milan tomorrow