CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The topic of this thread is 72-10, not NBA's best team. For the purpose of the discussion in this thread, they are not doing what they need to do recently. As you said, 7-2 the rest of the way will get them to 69 or 70 wins. By my calculation, that would mean a failure to beat the Bulls 72-10.

And let's not kid ourselves. No matter what these guys or the coaches say about not chasing the Bulls, anyone with half a brain knows they are going for it. So at the end of the season I don't want to hear any shit about "Well we don't really care about the season record. We just want to win another title."
The topic of this thread was meant to make fun of the person who created a similar thread last year. That was you. This whole thing was meant to make fun of you.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
So they have to finish 36-6. With a fairly tough schedule. It'll be very tough, I see them winning 70 but not beating the record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yes, because a 7-2 in the last 9 will give you more of an example than 29-1. I see you conveniently left out the rest part for Draymond. Wouldn't the smaller sample be the outlier to the larger? Maybe I should ask my stats teacher from last semester on Jim Johnson school of statistics. By your logic, the Warriors are 0 and 1 in there last game. Thats means they are on pace to go 36-46. They will never win again! Regression toward the mean. lol Get the fuck out of here.

Yes, because statistics aren't more accurate with larger sample sizes or anything.

:yep:

They rested Green. He wasn't hurt. So, do you think thats the norm of them resting him? I would say no. Let it play out and stop trying to play with numbers. They are 36-3. They are on pace. Thats it bud

Great point? What? Green was out and they lost a game. They are still on pace to beat it. Thats part of sports bud. This is professional sports not a rec league pickup game.

Good job bud. Not only do you know basketball but your understanding of statistics is unparalleled sir.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good job bud. Not only do you know basketball but your understanding of statistics is unparalleled sir.

Lol, so tell me your point of the whole thing? Tell me what statistics you did that told you GS was going to lose tonight? Show your work

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yes, because a 7-2 in the last 9 will give you more of an example than 29-1. I see you conveniently left out the rest part for Draymond. Wouldn't the smaller sample be the outlier to the larger? Maybe I should ask my stats teacher from last semester on Jim Johnson school of statistics. By your logic, the Warriors are 0 and 1 in there last game. Thats means they are on pace to go 36-46. They will never win again! Regression toward the mean. lol Get the fuck out of here.

Yes, because statistics aren't more accurate with larger sample sizes or anything.

:yep:

They rested Green. He wasn't hurt. So, do you think thats the norm of them resting him? I would say no. Let it play out and stop trying to play with numbers. They are 36-3. They are on pace. Thats it bud

Lol, so tell me your point of the whole thing? Tell me what statistics you did that told you GS was going to lose tonight? Show your work

My point? I clearly pointed out that they faced a rather easy schedule during their 29-1 run and that things were about to get a lot harder. I also pointed out that their recent 7-2 record was likely to be the norm going forward. You then tried to tell me that I was wrong and that it was the outlier and that 29-1 was the norm.

:gtfo:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point? I clearly pointed out that they faced a rather easy schedule during their 29-1 run and that things were about to get a lot harder. I also pointed out that their recent 7-2 record was likely to be the norm going forward. You then tried to tell me that I was wrong and that it was the outlier and that 29-1 was the norm.

:gtfo:

What? So, you clearly stated it was statistics. What statistics did you do? What was your mean? Your standard deviation? What formula did you use? What is they go the next 10 games 10-0. Could I assume that both 29-1 and 8-3 were outliers? I asked you to show your work and you produced nothing. I don't see anywhere where I said they were going to break it. I said lets see what happens. No one disputed they have a tougher schedule simply because they play OKC and Spurs. What was disputed was these stats that you proclaim you possessed from a JUCO college. So I asked to show your work? It seems you cant because you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. This is directly like a BearPride post when the Bulls win a couple in a row. You sound stupid.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
What? So, you clearly stated it was statistics. What statistics did you do? What was your mean? Your standard deviation? What formula did you use? What is they go the next 10 games 10-0. Could I assume that both 29-1 and 8-3 were outliers? I asked you to show your work and you produced nothing. I don't see anywhere where I said they were going to break it. I said lets see what happens. No one disputed they have a tougher schedule simply because they play OKC and Spurs. What was disputed was these stats that you proclaim you possessed from a JUCO college. So I asked to show your work? It seems you cant because you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. This is directly like a BearPride post when the Bulls win a couple in a row. You sound stupid.

You wouldn't know a Standard Deviation if it flew right into your vagina.

As for sounding stupid, yes you sound really stupid. The extent of your statistics the other day was telling me that 29-1 was the norm and that at 36-3 they were still on pace to break the record. LOL, excellent analysis bud.

Make sure to post that at 37-4, they are still on pace to break the record.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You wouldn't know a Standard Deviation if it flew right into your vagina.

As for sounding stupid, yes you sound really stupid. The extent of your statistics the other day was telling me that 29-1 was the norm and that at 36-3 they were still on pace to break the record. LOL, excellent analysis bud.

So, you have absolutely no idea what it means and no idea what you are talking about? Well, that was painfully obvious.

Show me where I said 29-1 is the norm? One part of a post that I said they were going to go 29-1 again? I have a feeling its going to be like your "statistics" and be none existent.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I've already wasted enough time going back and forth with you on this topic. Just keep telling all your friends that the Warriors are on pace to beat the record. I'm sure they will think you're intelligent :obama:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What started out being a joke thread ended up being serious.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've already wasted enough time going back and forth with you on this topic. Just keep telling all your friends that the Warriors are on pace to beat the record. I'm sure they will think you're intelligent :obama:

:nelson:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
26 point lead at halftime on the Cavs court. Curry just has a measly 21 on 8-10. lol

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
funny we argue about if we have enough to beat Cleveland who are the 3rd best team in the league

wake up people even if a miracle happens and we beat LeBron we'd get absolutely sodomized by the Warriors

just end the season now and match up Spurs vs Warriors for the championship

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
We're only halfway through the season. You do know that alot can happen in any basketball game right? Like Rose destroying his knees during a couple of playoff runs, Pau Gasol going out in last year's game against Cleveland, Olynyk dislocating Love's shoulder, etc. No team is a lock to win the entire thing that's why the games are played out.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
^^^Its a wrap. Only way GS or the Spurs don't win it is if both Curry and Kawhi get injured.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're only halfway through the season. You do know that alot can happen in any basketball game right? Like Rose destroying his knees during a couple of playoff runs, Pau Gasol going out in last year's game against Cleveland, Olynyk dislocating Love's shoulder, etc. No team is a lock to win the entire thing that's why the games are played out.

Barring major injuries, basketball rarely has upsets. The Spurs and Warriors are heads and shoulders above every other team. Rarely do teams like that lose in the NBA.

I think the craziest part of Golden State is they haven't even got Steve Kerr back. Luke Walton has done a magnificent job, but Kerr is a great coach and will only make them better.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Barring major injuries, basketball rarely has upsets. The Spurs and Warriors are heads and shoulders above every other team. Rarely do teams like that lose in the NBA.

I think the craziest part of Golden State is they haven't even got Steve Kerr back. Luke Walton has done a magnificent job, but Kerr is a great coach and will only make them better.
They don't need Kerr lol.

I'm sure Kerr still has plenty of input, but in game adjustments would all be on Luke Walton.

Nice win by the Warriors to completely dismantle LeBron's Cavs.

I know regular season can't be a whole measuring stick, the first game between them was a 6 point decision, thus closer, but this blowout adds to it. Doubt there's much question as to who would win in a playoff series though if you factor in last year's series as well.

But the Cavs should still win the East. The Bulls have another measuring stick this Saturday, though its on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. So there's that to consider as well.

Ron Burgundy

Barack Obama trolls Golden State Warriors with Bulls joke

020416-nba-Golden-State-Obama-pi-mp.vadapt.664.high_.46.jpg

The Golden State Warriors are in the middle of a road trip on the east coast that featured a stop in Washington D.C. to take on the Wizards. Following Wednesday's win, the Warriors made a stop at the White House to visit President Barack Obama and be honored for their NBA Finals victory last season.With the Warriors in the midst of a historic season and on pace to beat the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls, Obama decided to take a shot at the team and use Steve Kerr as an example:
"Now, it is rare to be in the presence of guys from the greatest team in NBA history," Obama said jokingly. *"So we're pretty lucky today, because we've got one of those players in the house -- Steve Kerr from the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls! It's good to see you back."​
Kerr was a guard on that Bulls team that went 72-10 and won the NBA Finals, the first of three-straight. Obama also went on to rib Stephen Curry a little bit about his golf game.

More...

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
47-4. They haven't slowed down yet. And they're healthy which is impressive. 26-5 to close out seems very, very achievable for this team. Let's hope they slip up and get to 11 losses.