CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The 1995-96 Chicago Bulls were arguably the best team ever in the NBA. They set an NBA record with a 72-10 regular season record, and they would eventually go on to win the franchise's 4th Larry O'Brien trophy. 72-10 has become the benchmark for great NBA teams to achieve. Let's use this thread to keep track of teams this season.

Currently, as of October 20, all 30 teams have the chance to win 72 or more games this current NBA season.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Bulls are a lock- a mortal lock- to win 73 games. It's in the can. Henry Hill was on The Howard Stern Show and confirmed it is all fixed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cleveland and Chicago have the best chance in the East due to number of all-star starters in a weak eastern conference and quality of depth that could start elsewhere. Ron Harper felt as important to that 72 as anybody else. He dominated bench players as hard as Jordan dominated starters.

Rose- Chip on shoulder.
Butler- Always something to prove
army of SF's
Gasol-Mirotic-Gibson thats as much power forward as anybody in this league and extremely different flavors
Noah-Portia the weakest area of team. But Gasol's ability to switch here just makes it a deep Front court.

There is nothing wrong with the Bulls except for the offensive coaching over the last few years. If Holberg can get Rose right the sky is the limit for this team.

#3 Atlanta is a distant third but have the depth to accomplish this if key injuries were to befall a few top teams in the east and further weaken the division.

#4 Its hard to imagine the west producing one, but the Thunder, Clippers, Golden State, San Antonio have some deep overwhelming teams. Memphis grinds too hard to win 70.

I think all 4 of these teams are capable of some long 10-20 game winning streaks if they get right and put it on people.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
IMO, the Super Spurs have the best chance of reaching 72 wins. I still cant believe they got Aldridge. I'm tired of them winning, but cant say that I root against them.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cleveland and Chicago have the best chance in the East due to number of all-star starters in a weak eastern conference and quality of depth that could start elsewhere. Ron Harper felt as important to that 72 as anybody else. He dominated bench players as hard as Jordan dominated starters.

Rose- Chip on shoulder.
army of SF's
Gasol-Mirotic-Gibson thats as much power forward as anybody in this league and extremely different flavors
Noah-Portia the weakest area of team. But Gasol's ability to switch here just makes it a deep Front court.

There is nothing wrong with the Bulls except for the offensive coaching over the last few years. If Holberg can get Rose right the sky is the limit for this team.

#3 Atlanta is a distant third but have the depth to accomplish this if key injuries were to befall a few top teams in the east and further weaken the division.

#4 Its hard to imagine the west producing one, but the Thunder, Clippers, Golden State, San Antonio have some deep overwhelming teams. Memphis grinds too hard to win 70.

I think all 4 of these teams are capable of some long 10-20 game winning streaks if they get right and put it on people.

:facepalm:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
That's a record that will never be broken.

Yep. People think that you can put together a super team and win 70 games. Not the case. Not even the heat with the big 3 were able to win 70 games.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Rose- Chip on shoulder.
army of SF's

i don't think you realize how tough winning 72+ games is

based on what ive seen so far Bulls have zero chance of doing it...they have allot to work on
Kyrie will be out till December or later and no telling how long the Thompson situation drags out
ATL doesn't have the talent they caught everybody off guard last year i expect some regression this year

this thread was made in jest

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO, the Super Spurs have the best chance of reaching 72 wins. I still cant believe they got Aldridge. I'm tired of them winning, but cant say that I root against them.

I believe so also. Plus they always have the best coach in the NBA leading them. They've had a truly amazing run over the years and when Duncan cashes his chips in they have Aldrich to cement this team. What a franchise.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it has to be in jest or not to be valid.

Its sort of like the 72 Dolphins thing. its the 72 Bulls thing. They watch every year to see if that record will be broken, then they celebrate when its not.

We should start a tradition of the CCS Bulls meet up being on the day when the last team likely loses their 11th game.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Rose- Chip on shoulder.
army of SF's

Army of SFs? Like a Canadian or French army maybe.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
See, Pop don't care about winning 72, he'll rest his guys for the playoffs instead of trying to reach for 72.

Another reason why 72 is unlikely to ever happen, NBA is all about rest now a days.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I imagine, even before the idea of them winning 70+ games was a thought, that even being up 20 on the 95-96 Bulls there was a thought in the back of the minds of opponents that in an instance they could lose. There was probably always a concern of how quickly Jordan and Pippen would wake up and want to make things interesting. Then all of a sudden you miss a shot you made earlier in the game, a couple turnovers, you leave Jud Buechler open and he hits a 3, and all of a sudden you're back on you're heels and MJ takes over.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this current Bulls roster makes teams worry too much.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I imagine, even before the idea of them winning 70+ games was a thought, that even being up 20 on the 95-96 Bulls there was a thought in the back of the minds of opponents that in an instance they could lose. There was probably always a concern of how quickly Jordan and Pippen would wake up and want to make things interesting. Then all of a sudden you miss a shot you made earlier in the game, a couple turnovers, you leave Jud Buechler open and he hits a 3, and all of a sudden you're back on you're heels and MJ takes over.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this current Bulls roster makes teams worry too much.
Nope. They're an above average team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I honestly don't know if they are above average anymore. We'll see how Fred handles everything during the season, as I imagine the offense will be better, but they are gladly an Eastern Conference team. In the East they can win 50+, in the West I think they are a .500 team.

This is all on paper. I understand we are seeing nothing but vanilla so far in the preseason.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think any reasonable NBA follower expects anyone other than Cleveland to come out of the East.