CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He wanted a $150 mil? WOW!

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wanted a $150 mil? WOW!
He wanted a 10 year,$150-160 million dollar deal. Al Davis' deal w/ Nnamdi really fucked up the contracts for DBs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He wanted a 10 year,$150-160 million dollar deal. Al Davis' deal w/ Nnamdi really fucked up the contracts for DBs.

lol...Al Davis...senile old man.

But yeah understandable how that deal has screwed all other deals for DBs in the league. Kinda how Haynesworth's deal with Redskins did.

Thats the thing I always laugh about with Owners is they always want salaries to lower during every CBA...but theyre the ones that start overpaying these players.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be really, really, really surprised if this isn't above $100 mil. Not $160 mil, but it will probably he'll probably have a 9 digit salary.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
he honestly might be worth that money.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
The Jets had no choice. Kyle Wilson is a very very good rookie CB but he is still a rookie and there is no Wilson Island. Cromartie has been injured most of the pre season and his play has declined over the last few years.

Revis Island makes the defense go... he takes out the other teams best weapon by himself allowing the Jets to be super aggressive up front on defense.

I still think the Jets are highly overrated, I would pick the Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, and Colts over the Jets to make the Superbowl.

Mark Sanchez is not going to develop as fast as everyone thinks... he had a 63 passer rating last year.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
he honestly might be worth that money.
No player will ever be worth that kind of money. Right now the deal sounds like a 7 year deal w/ unknown terms that can be voided to a 4 year, $46 million deal w/ $32 million guaranteed, but that has to be more to this

Livewire

Liked Posts:
No player will ever be worth that kind of money. Right now the deal sounds like a 7 year deal w/ unknown terms that can be voided to a 4 year, $46 million deal w/ $32 million guaranteed, but that has to be more to this

Peyton Manning is worth that and way more...

Has never missed a game in his career, perennial MVP candidate, is basically his teams offensive coordinator. Keep the Colts competiive every year. Led his team to the playoffs and double digit wins in 10 out of his 12 years in the League.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning is worth that and way more...

Has never missed a game in his career, perennial MVP candidate, is basically his teams offensive coordinator. Keep the Colts competiive every year. Led his team to the playoffs and double digit wins in 10 out of his 12 years in the League.
No. No player is worth $150 million. It's way too much to invest in a player, no matter how talented they are.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
No. No player is worth $150 million. It's way too much to invest in a player, no matter how talented they are.

Peyton has brought more revenue to the team that $150 million... he is hands down worth it.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Thats the thing I always laugh about with Owners is they always want salaries to lower during every CBA...but theyre the ones that start overpaying these players.

Yeah! If the owners really want to keep salary down, they should just collude to keep player salaries down. How can they not see this? Stupid owners.

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
The market determines what a player is worth, not our evaluation of if a player should make that type of money or not. If the guy gets payed 9 figures then he is worth 9 figures. The wisdom of paying athletes long contracts for big money is debatable but if the money is there, get your motherfuckin' movie check. Revis should be getting paid like a top corner because he is likely THE top corner. I'm not a fan of holdouts but the window for these guys to make money playing is so small that I can't really hold it agianst them.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Pity that the Jets caved on this

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The deal, 4 years 46M. Revis reportedly did not care about the years and how much, but he cared about the guarantee money. That's what the holdout have been about and why it took longer.

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
The Jets had no choice. Kyle Wilson is a very very good rookie CB but he is still a rookie and there is no Wilson Island. Cromartie has been injured most of the pre season and his play has declined over the last few years.

Revis Island makes the defense go... he takes out the other teams best weapon by himself allowing the Jets to be super aggressive up front on defense.

I still think the Jets are highly overrated, I would pick the Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, and Colts over the Jets to make the Superbowl.

Mark Sanchez is not going to develop as fast as everyone thinks... he had a 63 passer rating last year.

Yeah i think this team is a bit overrated coming into this year and should not be considered as superbowl contender, i think they are playoff contenderr. There is way to much being expected out of Sanchez and i think he is going to break under the pressure.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You all remember how ungodly good Champ Bailey was a few years ago? Revis might be better...

Hell, I don't blame him a bit. Take care of yourself, then take care of your team. You may only have one shot to cash WAY in...gotta try.

on top of that, he really validates my defensive pick in fantasy...so...i'm glad he's in.