OT: Colin Kaepernick benched: to be replaced by Blaine Gabbert

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I kinda feel like Kap went the way of RG3. Got hyped to the moon, oversold for what their talents really were, made into media darlings and focus on endorsement dollars instead of putting in practice time. The results speak for themselves.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I kinda feel like Kap went the way of RG3. Got hyped to the moon, oversold for what their talents really were, made into media darlings and focus on endorsement dollars instead of putting in practice time. The results speak for themselves.

it the case with all the read option/one read spread QBs that come from simplistic college Os and relied on their legs. once the NFL realizes they are absolutely no threat from the waist up, their legs cease to be a threat as well. all the study and practice in the word isnt going to suddenly morph a QB thats never had to actually be a QB into one. its something that takes years of development starting in HS and continuing through college, just for them to have a chance at becoming a legit NFL QB.

sure there are guys like Cam who might have a bit more success than others, but he still isnt who Id want under center as a franchise QB. they are having a good year this season, but well see.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I will admit, I like that backup QB Verizon commercial. But that's because I find Luke McCown funny in a "look at that goofy looking fuck"'s way.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Kap may be the very definition of a 'system' qb. Harbaugh was able to get the best out of him in his 'system'. He looked so good under Harbaugh. What's going on with these new qbs? Stafford looked like an elite qb for awhile now he's terrible. RG3 may be done before he really even started. And look what's happening to Luck now.

I don't know how to judge whether a qb is good or not anymore...

BEARS

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so, you still missed the point.

images

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kap to the Jets would be interesting. We need more fuel for B Marsh's fire.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
you know what you are?

you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around

and aww... will you look at that, newblood moronically thank banging like a goddamn lap dog.

I sense not getting a reach around while getting fucked in the ass is something you really take to heart. In a relationship it is always best to set the ground rules at the beginning. It may be awkward at first, but it will pay in dividends in the long run.

Edit: And don't worry buddy, I thanked your post, just so you wouldn't be heart broken and, well, 'butt hurt'.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you know what you are?

you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around

and aww... will you look at that, newblood moronically thank banging like a goddamn lap dog.

images

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Tomsula is really giving Trestman a run for his money as the worst Head Coach of the decade.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
so, you still missed the point.

You didn't have one. Kaep has been awful. Going several games without even a TD. He can't play in the pocket at all and teams know that so they spy on him all game and he doesn't have the ability to make plays on his own.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kap may be the very definition of a 'system' qb. Harbaugh was able to get the best out of him in his 'system'. He looked so good under Harbaugh. What's going on with these new qbs? Stafford looked like an elite qb for awhile now he's terrible. RG3 may be done before he really even started. And look what's happening to Luck now.
BEARS

I think ALL QBs are system guys. If Kap is a guy that needs to be a run/pass pistol guy then it's up to the coaches to do that. The DCs surely "figured him out" well before he had romped through the league for 2 seasons. I think the 49s paid him and then got scared. The guy wasn't one pass from a ring for nothing, I stand by the fact that this guy is good when properly deployed but right now, he looks bad surrounded by bad talent and bad coaching.

Remember when Kurt Warner was washed up in NY?

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:

I don't know how to judge whether a qb is good or not anymore...

BEARS

I don't think it's you. I think a lot of media bias and hype gets generated around these guys nowadays through combines, pro days, ect. A lot of times their weaknesses are hidden with the strengths amplified. From Ryan Leaf, to Tim Tebow, to Jamarcus Russell and everything in between. It's about the scouts buying hype instead of talent.