OT: Colin Kaepernick benched: to be replaced by Blaine Gabbert

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
According to the 2010 census 12.1% of the total population of the US is made up of people who identify as 'black or African-american'.

There are currently four African-American head coaches: Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers), Jim Caldwell (Detroit Lions), Lovie Smith (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals). African-American coaches comprise 13% of all coaching positions in the NFL.

The number of African-American General Managers increased to 7 from 6 in 2013.The following teams have African-American General Managers: Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants and Houston Texans. African-American General Managers comprise 24% of all General Manager positions in the NFL.

African-American players currently comprise 67.3% of the league’s players.

Seems to me that HC's and GM's are fairly represented per the national demographics... Maybe it's time that we start a rule to help Non African-American's become players in the NFL. There is a clearly a racial bias that favors African-American players over others. <- See how stupid that looks?

I'll say it again... NFL is about performance. Anyone who disagrees IMO is either ignorant or has a hidden agenda.

According to the 2010 census 12.1% of the total population of the US is made up of people who identify as 'black or African-american'.[/B]

There are currently four African-American head coaches: Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers), Jim Caldwell (Detroit Lions), Lovie Smith (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals). African-American coaches comprise 13% of all coaching positions in the NFL.

The U.S. pop. / national demographics has zero to do with " the NFL pop"

Do u honestly believe 4 non-white HC's are the ONLY qualified ppl. to be HC's when the league is probably closer to 70 % non-white. I guess we need nore HC's like Marc Trestman. I see u avoided the "decision-making positions on the field.

There is a clearly a racial bias that favors African-American players over others

Didn't u just see me arguing for more white HB's & CB's

U know, I really don't like having these discussions. U brought "NFL fairness" up with JDB_219 and I shouldn't have jumped in.

Read this article on Fritz Pollard and George Halas.....there's something in here about the Decatur Staleys

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d-pros&usg=AFQjCNFQgBM6_RSLJDBM7LFSOCQR2wwHxg

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Gerhart has been hurt a lot. I don't think the bias is on purpose, I think people are just too dumb on average to see their own prejudices. It isn't for nothing that Belichick seems to have a monopoly on the short and/or white running back and receivers. Bill is running a football team not an under armour photo shoot.

LOL touche' my friend touche' . I forgot about Belichick's "talent collection" Ur right, which makes the job Brady's doing even more remarkable. Hope that didn't sound "wrong".

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
The U.S. pop. / national demographics has zero to do with " the NFL pop"

Do u honestly believe 4 non-white HC's are the ONLY qualified ppl. to be HC's when the league is probably closer to 70 % non-white. I guess we need nore HC's like Marc Trestman. I see u avoided the "decision-making positions on the field.

Didn't u just see arguing for more white HB's & CB's

U know, I really don't like having these discussions. U brought "NFL fairness" up with JDB_219 and I shouldn't have jumped in.

Read this article on Fritz Pollard and George Halas.....there's something in here about the Decatur Staleys

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d-pros&usg=AFQjCNFQgBM6_RSLJDBM7LFSOCQR2wwHxg

I'm very close to being done with this discussion b/c you are grasping at straws now.

How can you say that the national demographics have nothing to do with a discussion on racial bias in the workplace? How else would you determine what is reasonable? To answer your specific question. I believe that there are more than 32 people qualified to be HC's. Unfortunately, there are only 32 positions available... To ensure that a fair representation of society is hired into these highly coveted and difficult to attain positions you have to look at the national demographics and look for discrepancies.

BTW - It's funny that you mention non-white HC's... There are more than 4 non-white HC's... I was only discussing African-American coaches.

Arguing that there should be more white HB's and CB's is absolutely ridiculous... Apparently you didn't pick up on the green font or where I say, "See how stupid that looks". If person A can do the job better than person B, the team will hire person A... I don't care what color their skin is. That's my point... The reason that there are currently more African-American players is because those individuals are the best athletes for the job. Most people accept that as reality and are fine with it.

The fact that the number of African-American HC's as a percentage of total HC's is roughly the same as the national statistics provides evidence that there is no racial bias there either. 30 years ago, I believe that there was, but those days are long gone. GM's will hire the HC that they believe will help them win the most games. Period.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you joking right now? The stuff below is all up somebody's ass in your mind?

Thought he was better than, or equal to, Cutler? ✓ Feared him being in the division? ✓ Wanted him to be signed? ✓ Attempted to negate others' accomplishments in order to prop him up (while ignoring actual facts)? ✓

Yep, sounds like you were at least head deep in his asshole. Pretty sure if I actually spent some time looking through your posting history concerning Freeman, rather than a cursory glance, it would become even more comical. But, hey, you'd be a better GM than people that actually dedicate their lives to studying the sport, right?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm very close to being done with this discussion b/c you are grasping at straws now.

How can you say that the national demographics have nothing to do with a discussion on racial bias in the workplace? How else would you determine what is reasonable? To answer your specific question. I believe that there are more than 32 people qualified to be HC's. Unfortunately, there are only 32 positions available... To ensure that a fair representation of society is hired into these highly coveted and difficult to attain positions you have to look at the national demographics and look for discrepancies.

BTW - It's funny that you mention non-white HC's... There are more than 4 non-white HC's... I was only discussing African-American coaches.

Arguing that there should be more white HB's and CB's is absolutely ridiculous... Apparently you didn't pick up on the green font or where I say, "See how stupid that looks". I saw it and I've read articles where non-blacks were steered away from these positions at early ages
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...n.html&usg=AFQjCNEKjp3WkNKtF4hL1iMovS6PF8NdDg

If person A can do the job better than person B, the team will hire person A... I don't care what color their skin is. That's my point... The reason that there are currently more African-American players is because those individuals are the best athletes for the job. Most people accept that as reality and are fine with it. Why didn't Warren Moon not get drafted then. What was wrong with him. U don't want me to name others who met his fate. Why do diversity Qb's get asked to change positions so often? Heck, Cam Newton's "Qb intelligence" was questioned, prior to being drafted.

The fact that the number of African-American HC's as a percentage of total HC's is roughly the same as the national statistics provides evidence that there is no racial bias there either. 30 years ago, I believe that there was, but those days are long gone. GM's will hire the HC that they believe will help them win the most games. Period .

Look we all know that the most qualified person doesn't always get hired especially in the NFL .

Look at all the garbage HC's that come & go....and get recycled. Also Stop talking about the U.S. population, which has nothing to do with the NFL and the number of diversity candidates who consistently get passed over. The NFL doesn't hire from the general pop. The NFL hires from their own "population"

I noticed u totally avoided the reason for the "Rooney Rule" ( tell us why this type of "Rule" doesn't exist in the NBA but has to exist in the NFL?)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...y.html&usg=AFQjCNFNAvwqQQUHyo_W5RwCF0fke6csUQ

I also noticed u avoided the b.s. that happened between Fritz Pollard and George Halas ( tell us that was fair and above board) it should have never happened.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought he was better than, or equal to, Cutler? ✓ Feared him being in the division? ✓ Wanted him to be signed? ✓ Attempted to negate others' accomplishments in order to prop him up (while ignoring actual facts)? ✓

Yep, sounds like you were at least head deep in his asshole. Pretty sure if I actually spent some time looking through your posting history concerning Freeman, rather than a cursory glance, it would become even more comical. But, hey, you'd be a better GM than people that actually dedicate their lives to studying the sport, right?

I am sure I would have been better than Phil. He was an absolute disaster and I was proven right in calling him an idiot. The fact that you think that Phil is beyond your ability is your problem.

As for Freeman, come back with something better than weak,out of context quotes. Two years ago, it made perfect sense to bring him in. This team employs Jimmy Clausen and you're turning your nose up at a guy who was once actually a good NFL QB, Freeman is probably better than pickles right now.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look we all know that the most qualified person doesn't always get hired especially in the NFL .

Look at all the garbage HC's that come & go....and get recycled. Also Stop talking about the U.S. population, which has nothing to do with the NFL and the number of diversity candidates who consistently get passed over. The NFL doesn't hire from the general pop. The NFL hires from their own "population"

I noticed u totally avoided the reason for the "Rooney Rule" ( tell us why this type of "Rule" doesn't exist in the NBA but has to exist in the NFL?)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...y.html&usg=AFQjCNFNAvwqQQUHyo_W5RwCF0fke6csUQ

I also noticed u avoided the b.s. that happened between Fritz Pollard and George Halas ( tell us that was fair and above board) it should have never happened.

Wtf do Warren Moon or George Halas have to do with NFL hiring in the 21st century?? I ignored it because it has nothing to do with any points I am making.

As for you not wanting to focus on the us population... Your obviously not understanding. I can't explain it anymore clearly than I have.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am sure I would have been better than Phil. He was an absolute disaster and I was proven right in calling him an idiot. The fact that you think that Phil is beyond your ability is your problem.

As for Freeman, come back with something better than weak,out of context quotes. Two years ago, it made perfect sense to bring him in. This team employs Jimmy Clausen and you're turning your nose up at a guy who was once actually a good NFL QB, Freeman is probably better than pickles right now.

Bwahahaha...yep, I'm sure he's tearing it up in the fucking Fall Experimental Football League.

giphy.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL. One, I doubt this is a benching for good. It came out recently that some players felt he needed to be benched for a couple games to clear his head and get some perspective. This actually may be good for him.

Two, it's funny that the guys making excuses for Kaep are some of the main ones that call out posters for making excuses for Cutler. Hypocritical much?

Three, I'm laughing at all the jackasses ragging on Luck because he's having a bad year. The guys been playing with broken ribs and a bad shoulder for weeks now. As a young franchise QB moving forward, Luck is still the best one out there. If he doesn't bounce back next year, then you can start to wonder what happened to him.

I might take Carr over Luck. Always thought Luck was overrated, but I didn't expect Carr to get as good as he has.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So it emphasizes the point some others were making. Cutler had year after year of mediocrity with zero challenge to his role as unquestioned starter. Kaep played great in 2012, got to a Superbowl and played well in that, looked like the sky was the limit for him, but when he regressed they took action and sat him. I would like it if the Bears had had people to make these kinds of decisions over the last several years.

Heck maybe the Niners will even do the radical unBears-like thing and actually draft a QB before the 5th round.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wtf do Warren Moon or George Halas have to do with NFL hiring in the 21st century?? I ignored it because it has nothing to do with any points I am making.

As for you not wanting to focus on the us population... Your obviously not understanding. I can't explain it anymore clearly than I have.

Decatur Staley

If everything is so balanced & fair ....why the rule???

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wasn't Cutler benched for Clausen?

Just sayin...

By one of the worst coaches in the NFL? Yes. He also is fucking Flacco's career

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The move to Gabbert is a shocking declaration of Kaepernick's slide. Gabbert has a career 5-22 record as a starting quarterback, losing his last 10 games. For his career, Gabbert has a 53.0 completion percentage, 159.4 passing yards per game, a 22-24 TD-INT ratio and a 66.1 passer rating -- the lowest rating in the NFL since 2011.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ula-sat-kap-so-qb-could-step-back-and-breathe

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Very good Run and Shit. Gabbert sucks, water is wet, fire is hot...any more incredible insights?