I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Was Kobe a prick when he was younger and even older? Yes! But, show me one true great that wasn't a prick? Jordan-huge prick. Larry Bird- prick. Shaq- prick etc. etc. etc. We live in a different generation now. Kobe is one of the last of a dying breed. Everybody likes each other in the league now. Its different. These guys grew up since they were little playing AAU's and different events like that. They are friends on and off the court. Fuck, Lebron practiced with D Wade during the season which is insane to me. Its the game we live in.

if you think Kobe carried himself on and off the court the same as Jordan or bird youre way off. sure Jordan and bird were huge pricks, but they did it towards their opponent. it wasn't "hey look at me!" they acted like they had made a shot before. kobe in his later years was still a prick, but he acted like he had made a shot before...unlike his early years. you are right about it being "the game we live in now," but that is really just agreeing with what I originally said about players.

I mean fuck...if I dunked a basketball on somebody, yeah id probably yell and scream and point my finger in the guys face and flex....but it would literally be the first time in my life to do so seeing as how im 6'1 and have never dunked on a 10 foot goal. but when its NBA players who have literally been dunking a basketball since they were freaking 12, I find that ridiculous. but I guess im just old and everyone needs to get the fuck off my grass

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kerr wins COY. Guess no real shocker there after winning 73.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Kerr wins COY. Guess no real shocker there after winning 73.

i have some friends that are portland fans that feel Stotts deserved it. i tried explaining to them when a team wins more games than anyone else in history, they getting the awards

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i have some friends that are portland fans that feel Stotts deserved it. i tried explaining to them when a team wins more games than anyone else in history, they getting the awards
In a world where the Warriors don't break that record, Stotts probably does win. What he did with that Portland team is very impressive.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the awards don't mean much of anything anyway

Phil Jackson only has 1

Mike Brown has 1, Byron Scott has 1 LOL

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blake out the rest of the playoffs. I introduce to you the Clippers led by Austin Rivers and DeAndre Jordan.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Remember when Bulls fans were advocating going after Blake?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd still take him

It's possible. We replaced the second softest PF for the only guy in the league that was softer. Now we can replace the second most ref-crying PF for the #1 guy as well. Sounds very Pax-like.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Popovich was robbed of COY. Stotts? Eh. Distant second. Kerr barely coached half the season.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Popovich was robbed of COY. Stotts? Eh. Distant second. Kerr barely coached half the season.

The HC of the team with the best record in history was winning it. It's not like he fell out of the sky halfway through the season, Walton was running Kerr's general gameplan, not like he adapted a new system or anything. Unimportant in the grand scheme of things. But still.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Da fuq? There was no one else that should have won it. Maybe Walton but thats it. You saw history. Don't be a hater. What GS did this year is once in a generation and I would find it hard for another team to duplicate. Also, they did it the old school way. they didn't have 3 superstars come together. They were built through the draft. GS may have the best run of draft picks in history.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Da fuq? There was no one else that should have won it. Maybe Walton but thats it. You saw history. Don't be a hater. What GS did this year is once in a generation and I would find it hard for another team to duplicate. Also, they did it the old school way. they didn't have 3 superstars come together. They were built through the draft. GS may have the best run of draft picks in history.

I agree with everything you said other than the once in a generation part. considering I have now witnessed the wins record being broken twice in my 31, almost 32 years...its hard to call it a once in a generation thing. but it is special and that's why kerr won the award. if the award was for simply being the best coach, then pop would win every year, but tis not

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Might go so far as to say Kerr was by far the runaway because he managed his team and his staff so well, they could go half a season with only 4 losses without even having him on the sideline. Of course you could flip that, but that's the take I'd roll with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I were the Lakers, I go hard for Stotts. He truly did an amazing job with the Blazers considering all that they lost playerwise. Its pretty much a given, though, that they will offer Walton the job.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I may take some flack but I kind of think Stotts is getting a little over rated :shrug: the west was considerably weaker this year. The Bulls would have been 7th if they were in the west.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am a huge fan of Steve Kerr. Always have been. Love the guy. Great coach. But Pop deserved it over him. Hands down. Spurs were also built through the draft (not that your point is relevant at all).

Kerr coached less than 50% of his team's games this season.

Kerr coached his team to 34 wins. Popovich coached his team to 67 wins. There really is no argument.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a huge fan of Steve Kerr. Always have been. Love the guy. Great coach. But Pop deserved it over him. Hands down. Spurs were also built through the draft (not that your point is relevant at all).

Kerr coached less than 50% of his team's games this season.

Kerr coached his team to 34 wins. Popovich coached his team to 67 wins. There really is no argument.

Yea, Kerr was not around the team making strategies. I know a team that breaks history was out coached by a team with less wins. I can see how you totally came up with that logical argument. Also, NVM they were 3 and 1 against the Spurs and oh, yea, that they won 73 games. Im sure you being a Bulls fan and not liking them breaking the record has nothing to do with your solid argument.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, Kerr was not around the team making strategies. I know a team that breaks history was out coached by a team with less wins. I can see how you totally came up with that logical argument. Also, NVM they were 3 and 1 against the Spurs and oh, yea, that they won 73 games. Im sure you being a Bulls fan and not liking them breaking the record has nothing to do with your solid argument.

The record is broken. It's over now, so who cares? You know who else was "around making team strategies"? Gregg Popovich - the guy who out-coaches every other coach in the NBA - including Kerr.

Oh, and the guy who coached his team to basically double the wins the 2016 Coach of the Year award recipient did.