IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 11/4 at 7:00 p.m.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not uncommon to blow a 3-goal lead. It's uncommon for a supposed "elite" goalie to need more than 5 to win.

Crow lost focus tonight and they lost a point because of it. It's November, so it doesn't seem important. If we're fighting to get in on the last day of the season, as in 2011, it will seem important then.

I'd rather lose 6-0 than like this.
Right...because Crawford was the *only* guy to mail in the 2nd...not the other 18 guys on the team.

I'm not saying Crawford doesn't deserve ire....he does. He should have been better. He sucked in the 2nd. So did Toews, Panarin, Garbutt, Kane, Anisimov, T², Dano, Kero, Hartmann, Shaw, Dejardins, Kruger, Seabrook, Svedberg, TVR, Hjammer, Gustaf, and Daley.

The entire team needs to be embarrassed for how they conducted themselves on the ice. There was no excuse for it considering the fact that the Blues played the previous night and got in at 4:am. The fact that they merely held the line in the 3rd is little comfort.

The only way this game is not an epic failure is if the team doesn't go into Friday without the mindset of completely destroying NJ.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, if we were in the Eastern Conference we'd rule!

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
Silver lining, the Hawks had the exact same record last year at this time - 7-5-1. In fact, they proceeded to drop the next game. Didn't get hot until the circus trip, really.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Eddie actually said it when it was 5-2.

"Mentality is, let's get the next one then get a power play and we are right back in it"

You can say he #calledit.

For me it was Hitchcock who said it best when they got the third and penishead interviewed him and he said they were playing pretty well now and if they got the 4th then the hawks are really going to start worrying or something like that.

The thing that keeps driving me crazy, and maybe it's because I don't watch many teams other than the Hawks play, but man they have to have the record for most goals given up in the last 90 seconds of a period over the last 10 years. It's infuriating.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are obviously still trying to get it together as a team. I believe that sometimes the little things done or not done can turn a game around in any sport. To me, it was the little things like winning the battles in the corners, all out coverage of the passing lanes, etc. This is where the Hawks lost this game. Even when they went on the goal scoring binge in the 1st period they were playing fast and loose on the little things. Credit to the Blues. They won the game but the Hawks really let them win it with their lackluster efforts.