Brian Windhorst: "Breakup between Derrick Rose and Bulls has begun"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
bwinespn.png

He's a giant LeBron homer and known Rose hater.

Knowing that much, I'd like to know where he got any of this? Also why you allowed such garbage on the front page, zack. Like, love, hate, whatever about Rose. This has nothing to do with any of that. It has to do with actual journalism.
Based on?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
It's not only physical with Derrick. It's mental. It's the questionable attitude, the lack of passion, basketball IQ, and everything else that can't be measured physically. That aside, even though he's still fast, I think he's lost some burst and some lift. He's clearly not the same guy he was and the things that made him special are either just average/slightly above average now, or he's just not putting in the effort and going "balls out" like he can. What this really boils down to is, he's just not a good player anymore and if he doesn't pick it up soon, the Bulls are going to have to make a decision because he doesn't even look like a guy you sign for 5 million a year. Yet alone, the contract he's hoping to get. He continues to say stupid things like how he doesn't care how he plays, he just needs to get in shape and get his conditioning back. The guy is a professional athlete who played 5 games so far and was able to run on a bike during his injury. No one wants to hear about getting in shape and being in condition. He needs to play better and have more pride in his game and performance level.

What Rose says: "I'm playing for a new contract".
What Rose should say, "I have not fulfilled my current contract to the best of my ability".

As for BB IQ, first one must have a relatively decent overall IQ. Rose has neither.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
bwinespn.png

He's a giant LeBron homer and known Rose hater.

Knowing that much, I'd like to know where he got any of this? Also why you allowed such garbage on the front page, zack. Like, love, hate, whatever about Rose. This has nothing to do with any of that. It has to do with actual journalism.

I have a hard time believing that some espn journalist would have such a strong agenda against Rose that he would make thinks up (which seems to be the implication being made). It's not difficult to make Rose look bad. He does that to himself. Lies are unnecessary. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Say what you will about Derrick Rose. But we all know what he is capable of doing. And if he goes and does that for another team, we all know how we would feel.

What do you see Rose's worth at this point? He is clearly not an all star. Is he even a middle of the pack point guard and if so what would his value be in a trade?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
LOL, another idiot beat writer with a negative article about Rose, and after a whole 5 games. The 'Break up'? Just fuckin hilarious. This fat fuck probably can't even dribble a basketball. What's worse is the idiot fans that give this DBag the clicks to justify the BS.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time believing that some espn journalist would have such a strong agenda against Rose that he would make thinks up (which seems to be the implication being made). It's not difficult to make Rose look bad. He does that to himself. Lies are unnecessary. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Exactly. I think its obvious that there is a rift between Rose's camp and the Bulls' FO. Paxson doesn't seem like the type to tolerate too much of the b.s. I can't see him staying unless he gives them a huge discount.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Rose isn't giving anyone a discount.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No way Rose is back in Chicago once his current deal is up. Bulls didn't get nearly half the value of that contract. Turn the page and start another rebuild.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
No way Rose is back in Chicago once his current deal is up. Bulls didn't get nearly half the value of that contract. Turn the page and start another rebuild.

Wow. Just, wow. Way to make it sound like that Derrick just got lazy on the court once he signed that deal. He's had 2 massive knee injuries, which he is now FULLY recovered from. Then get the unfortunate elbow to the face.

Seems like anyone who supports this franchise just wants to rebuild as soon as it's star player gets injured.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Wow. Just, wow. Way to make it sound like that Derrick just got lazy on the court once he signed that deal. He's had 2 massive knee injuries, which he is now FULLY recovered from. Then get the unfortunate elbow to the face.

Seems like anyone who supports this franchise just wants to rebuild as soon as it's star player gets injured.

When your star player has health issues and is no longer able to play at his highest level, guess what time it is? Rebuilding time.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I think that's the point he was trying to make.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Rose is done, the sooner he is gone the better. He barely plays D, and never developed a consistent outside shot. 2 bad things for a broken player with no heart.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it too late to tank for Simmons?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Rebuild what? Rose isn't the star anymore and hasn't been for a few years now. That still doesn't mean he isn't a part of the overall plan for the team. However, this is Jimmy Butler's team now and they are already starting to build around him. The team has young talent that will actually see floor time now so they can improve. The cap is going to grow so large that they could even add another big name FA. It's like people forget that we were 1 stinking rebound away from putting the almighty Cavs in a 3-1 hole in the semis last year. And that was with the worst human on the planet, according to most Bulls fans, Thibs running the show. There's no need to even think of tanking or blowing anything up. This franchise under GarPax has proven they can add talent while still staying competitive. Only 2 missed playoff appearances during their entire helm, that is extremely good by NBA standards.

As for this "story" itself and the remarks on ethics in sports journalism, there is almost zero ethics in the majority of all "journalism" these days. Sports journalism is almost entirely based on speculation, assumptions, & rumors when it comes to articles like this. The media doesn't report facts anymore. They report what will get the most internet hits or bring in the most viewers. The motto "If it bleeds, it leads" is adhered to more now than ever before.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Rebuild what? Rose isn't the star anymore and hasn't been for a few years now. That still doesn't mean he isn't a part of the overall plan for the team. However, this is Jimmy Butler's team now and they are already starting to build around him. The team has young talent that will actually see floor time now so they can improve. The cap is going to grow so large that they could even add another big name FA. It's like people forget that we were 1 stinking rebound away from putting the almighty Cavs in a 3-1 hole in the semis last year. And that was with the worst human on the planet, according to most Bulls fans, Thibs running the show. There's no need to even think of tanking or blowing anything up. This franchise under GarPax has proven they can add talent while still staying competitive. Only 2 missed playoff appearances during their entire helm, that is extremely good by NBA standards.

As for this "story" itself and the remarks on ethics in sports journalism, there is almost zero ethics in the majority of all "journalism" these days. Sports journalism is almost entirely based on speculation, assumptions, & rumors when it comes to articles like this. The media doesn't report facts anymore. They report what will get the most internet hits or bring in the most viewers. The motto "If it bleeds, it leads" is adhered to more now than ever before.

Lol...Lebron beat the Bulls by himself. Rose is going to be the first NBA MVP to not go to the HOF in league history. Forgetaboutit.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Give up on this group just like that? Lol....it's been 5 years and multiple injuries and decline with your star player. Noah is on the decline as well. We don't have a DPOY and MVP anymore. Look what happened to the Bears....they stuck with aging guys and tried postponed the rebuild probably 2 years later than it should have happened. This team isn't winning a championship. Rose isn't going to be the player he was. Noah's knees aren't going to magically get better. Of course you start retooling and looking towards the future. This is the NBA. Really, that's how it works in any sport.