Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I imagine this will bring joy to a good amount of people.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What the hell does Winhorst know about the Bulls and Rose?

if anything its just HIS speculation.

I can't say he's wrong by any means. I think with the way Rose has played, and acted in public, the Bulls would be wise to do away with him when his contract is up.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
it started 3 years ago actually. when Reggie blasted the front office and then FO leaked that Rose was cleared kinda got the camps at odds with one another

i don't care this point. i love Derrick, but he has became a massive headache and a liability with his health. no season is guaranteed with him running the show....plus hes after another big pay day

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
bwinespn.png

He's a giant LeBron homer and known Rose hater.

Knowing that much, I'd like to know where he got any of this? Also why you allowed such garbage on the front page, zack. Like, love, hate, whatever about Rose. This has nothing to do with any of that. It has to do with actual journalism.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Windhorst has always been very generous about the Bulls and has always gave us props to the point its almost like hes one of our beat writers....i don't really have a problem with him

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Windhorst has always been very generous about the Bulls and has always gave us props to the point its almost like hes one of our beat writers

Bulls, maybe. Rose.. no.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say what you will about Derrick Rose. But we all know what he is capable of doing. And if he goes and does that for another team, we all know how we would feel.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bwinespn.png

He's a giant LeBron homer and known Rose hater.

Knowing that much, I'd like to know where he got any of this? Also why you allowed such garbage on the front page, zack. Like, love, hate, whatever about Rose. This has nothing to do with any of that. It has to do with actual journalism.

In fairness to Zack, journalism in sports in all but dead. This page was never about journalism. If you can get some clicks out of it, more power to ya.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Say what you will about Derrick Rose. But we all know what he is capable of doing. And if he goes and does that for another team, we all know how we would feel.

*what he did 5 years and 3 knee surgeries ago

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's not only physical with Derrick. It's mental. It's the questionable attitude, the lack of passion, basketball IQ, and everything else that can't be measured physically. That aside, even though he's still fast, I think he's lost some burst and some lift. He's clearly not the same guy he was and the things that made him special are either just average/slightly above average now, or he's just not putting in the effort and going "balls out" like he can. What this really boils down to is, he's just not a good player anymore and if he doesn't pick it up soon, the Bulls are going to have to make a decision because he doesn't even look like a guy you sign for 5 million a year. Yet alone, the contract he's hoping to get. He continues to say stupid things like how he doesn't care how he plays, he just needs to get in shape and get his conditioning back. The guy is a professional athlete who played 5 games so far and was able to run on a bike during his injury. No one wants to hear about getting in shape and being in condition. He needs to play better and have more pride in his game and performance level.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell does Winhorst know about the Bulls and Rose?

Probably more than we think, but who knows. I've always liked him in regards to his reporting of the Bulls....hes been fair. I'd take him over Friedell, but that isn't saying all that much.

He called Rose 'tone deaf' on Kanell & Russillo and he was 100% right to do so. Rose commenting on his ex being good with the gang bang...unreal. Rose bringing up 2017 FA completely unprovoked at the 2015 media day....stupid. Rose contradicting his head coach saying he loved how he pushed the ball in Charlotte (unknown if he knew if was contradicting Fred)...clueless.

Windhorst was just pointing out a few recent conundrums regarding Rose's actions/attitudes while knowingly representing Adidas and the Bulls. Could it be speculation- absolutely. However, he did highlight specifics as to what people in Chicago are upset about and it makes sense.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I imagine this will bring joy to a good amount of people.

The breakup will have not yet begun until the Bulls make a move for another PG who isn't Hinrich or Brooks. Until then it only needs to be treated as speculation regardless of what we think.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Probably more than we think, but who knows. I've always liked him in regards to his reporting of the Bulls....hes been fair. I'd take him over Friedell, but that isn't saying all that much.

He called Rose 'tone deaf' on Kanell & Russillo and he was 100% right to do so. Rose commenting on his ex being good with the gang bang...unreal. Rose bringing up 2017 FA completely unprovoked at the 2015 media day....stupid. Rose contradicting his head coach saying he loved how he pushed the ball in Charlotte (unknown if he knew if was contradicting Fred)...clueless.

Windhorst was just pointing out a few recent conundrums regarding Rose's actions/attitudes while knowingly representing Adidas and the Bulls. Could it be speculation- absolutely. However, he did highlight specifics as to what people in Chicago are upset about and it makes sense.
Given what Rose has said, I wouldn't be surprised if the front office thinks that, but I more so think, does Windhorst really actually have any idea or is he just speculating (He does that a lot) because Rose has said a lot of stupid shit, and any front office would be sick and tired of it.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It's not only physical with Derrick. It's mental. It's the questionable attitude, the lack of passion, basketball IQ, and everything else that can't be measured physically. That aside, even though he's still fast, I think he's lost some burst and some lift. He's clearly not the same guy he was and the things that made him special are either just average/slightly above average now, or he's just not putting in the effort and going "balls out" like he can. What this really boils down to is, he's just not a good player anymore and if he doesn't pick it up soon, the Bulls are going to have to make a decision because he doesn't even look like a guy you sign for 5 million a year. Yet alone, the contract he's hoping to get. He continues to say stupid things like how he doesn't care how he plays, he just needs to get in shape and get his conditioning back. The guy is a professional athlete who played 5 games so far and was able to run on a bike during his injury. No one wants to hear about getting in shape and being in condition. He needs to play better and have more pride in his game and performance level.

These are the only thing I'll actually argue against. No matter what you think, you don't know whats going on in his head and how much he cares. Its an impossible thing to claim. His level of playing has definitely dropped off, but there is no way we can knowingly challenge his "passion."

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
These are the only thing I'll actually argue against. No matter what you think, you don't know whats going on in his head and how much he cares. Its an impossible thing to claim. His level of playing has definitely dropped off, but there is no way we can knowingly challenge his "passion."

Hey...if you can watch him and think his drive and passion for the game is still there...more power to you. Especially after game 6 vs Cleveland last season. His bball IQ is not where it should be for a PG, and his attitude of "I couldn't care less how I play right now" and "I love the way I pushed the ball" is a joke. Different people see different things I guess.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Given what Rose has said, I wouldn't be surprised if the front office thinks that, but I more so think, does Windhorst really actually have any idea or is he just speculating (He does that a lot) because Rose has said a lot of stupid shit, and any front office would be sick and tired of it.

I think Windhorst has sources within the organization. I doubt he says that out loud based on speculation. He would have stipulated that while saying it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think Windhorst has sources within the organization. I doubt he says that out loud based on speculation. He would have stipulated that while saying it.
Yeah, believe it or not, there still are some ethics in the media where they will not just blindly say things without sources.