Bill Simmons' Noah Trade Proposal

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Life comes at you fast.....a few years ago couldn't trade Noah for 'Melo...now trading him for some tax relief and a couple rotational players.

A few years ago Noah was playing at a DPOY level, he has essentially become an expensive rotational player.

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
So...I'm the only person that thinks this is a horrible idea?

1st...Noah is by far our best passing big man....by a small margin our best defensive big man (over Gibson)....in the current rotation he is the heart and soul of the second unit. And...much more importantly...he's a proven commodity.

You know what Noah is going to give you. Effort....smart defensive play...a catalyst in the offense that makes things happen. He may not score...but every little thing you want from your big...Noah does in spades.

PLUS...Noah is coming off of an injury so the chances of retaining him are high as his market value has suffered.

Bradley, meanwhile...starts but the best guard on that team comes off the bench. Zeller is a stiff who doesn't offer near the intangibles Noah does.

I know its fashionable to Hack-A-Noah...but the biggest issue the Bulls have today is not personnel...it is rotations.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Let me ask you this: would you re-sign Noah next year?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I don't see Noah being resigned (otherwise it would have already happened) so moving him makes sense, but I doubt GarPax will do that. They are too dumb. Noah is a bench player so if trading him is the difference between making the playoffs and not, then the Bulls have bigger problems.

Noah is exhibit A for Thibs basketball. Worn down and beat to hell.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Let me ask you this: would you re-sign Noah next year?

depends on for how much $$ and how many years? you cant say yes or no to that question without knowing that, anyone who takes one side or the other is just being reactionary to how they personally feel about Jo

Enasic

Liked Posts:
depends on for how much $$ and how many years? you cant say yes or no to that question without knowing that, anyone who takes one side or the other is just being reactionary to how they personally feel about Jo

What would you sign him for?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gasol needs to be traded, not Noah.

I agree with that. He has an attractive contract though I think he may have a no trade provision in it so they might have to entice him to waive it.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He has a trade kicker not no trade clause.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
2 years/$5 million

Sounds good to me. Prob not to Noah though. Honestly, we need to start rebuilding/retooling. This team isn't a championship team. I'd play bobby at the 5 next year and hopefully draft another front court player. The window has closed on this core. I hope the organization doesn't do something foolish and re-signs Noah unless it's for dirt cheap like that deal you proposed. Even then...I would still rather get younger and move on but I'd be able to deal with it at that price.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Why would you trade the veteran all-star that took a discount to play in Chicago?

Because he's embarrassing on defense and there's a very good possibility he opts out next year. We need to retool, not hold onto 34 year old players who will be gone after this season or in 2 years, tops. We're not a championship team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sounds good to me. Prob not to Noah though. Honestly, we need to start rebuilding/retooling. This team isn't a championship team. I'd play bobby at the 5 next year and hopefully draft another front court player. The window has closed on this core. I hope the organization doesn't do something foolish and re-signs Noah unless it's for dirt cheap like that deal you proposed. Even then...I would still rather get younger and move on but I'd be able to deal with it at that price.

so youre tanking next year then? and as far as what I would sign Jo for, I think somewhere in the ballpark of 3 years/20 mil is a fair deal for both sides. the salary cap is about to jump, paying him close to 7 mil per year for 3 years isn't breaking the bank by any means

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Future wise this team is pretty set with Rose, Butler, Niko, Portis, Snell, and McDermott still all in their 20s.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
so youre tanking next year then? and as far as what I would sign Jo for, I think somewhere in the ballpark of 3 years/20 mil is a fair deal for both sides. the salary cap is about to jump, paying him close to 7 mil per year for 3 years isn't breaking the bank by any means

Lol...starting a guy who many projected as a top 10 pick is tanking? Are you implying we'll miss the playoffs or something? Either way, even with Noah, this team isn't winning shit. Get younger and retool the roster. We need a mini rebuild. We're not a championship team.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol...starting a guy who many projected as a top 10 pick is tanking? Are you implying we'll miss the playoffs or something? Either way, even with Noah, this team isn't winning shit. Get younger and retool the roster. We need a mini rebuild. We're not a championship team.
The problem with this team is a lack of a Superstar. You don't win in this league without at least one, if not two. Rose was a Superstar, but those days are gone.. Now we have inconsistency it would seem. Butler isn't like he was last season, Gasol certainly isn't the same as last season, and I'm not sure Noah will ever be back again.

There's 3 ways to acquire a superstar... Get a Top 10 draft pick, trade for one, or sign one in free agency... Given the Bulls have never done the last two, the most logical thing to do is tank.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
2018 Roster should look like this:
Okafor
Davis
Parker
Shumpert
Rose

People will still be bitching that Noah is coming off the bench.