I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol...starting a guy who many projected as a top 10 pick is tanking? Are you implying we'll miss the playoffs or something? Either way, even with Noah, this team isn't winning shit. Get younger and retool the roster. We need a mini rebuild. We're not a championship team.

who projected him as a top 10 pick? im curious who those people were because I don't recall that being the case. and quite honestly, I don't care where a guy got drafted....I care if he can play or not. and if you plan on starting bobby portis at C next year then you might as well be trying to tank

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
who projected him as a top 10 pick? im curious who those people were because I don't recall that being the case. and quite honestly, I don't care where a guy got drafted....I care if he can play or not. and if you plan on starting bobby portis at C next year then you might as well be trying to tank
I did a quick search and found him to be projected in the late lotto range. #13-17ish. Definitely not top 10 (Towns, Okafor, Russell, Johnson, Mudiay, Winslow, Porzingis, and Hezonja were 9 of the 10 in pretty much every draft with a handful of players not named Portis rounding out the top 10).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I seen him in the 10-15 range. Either way, I think he's going to be a really good pro and don't see the benefit of signing Noah to more money, more years, and less mins for the young guys considering we're going to get bounced by Cleveland anyways. And if by some miracle we advance, who here thinks we can beat GS, SA, or clips?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
We're not bad enough to tank and we're not good enough to compete. There's no point signing Noah.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I seen him in the 10-15 range. Either way, I think he's going to be a really good pro and don't see the benefit of signing Noah to more money, more years, and less mins for the young guys considering we're going to get bounced by Cleveland anyways. And if by some miracle we advance, who here thinks we can beat GS, SA, or clips?

well im glad YOU see him there lol

and you really think portis is a C in the NBA? I see him as a PF, lacks the size to play C so you still need centers on the team is why you would consider re signing noah

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
well im glad YOU see him there lol

and you really think portis is a C in the NBA? I see him as a PF, lacks the size to play C so you still need centers on the team is why you would consider re signing noah

Portis and Noah are roughly the same size. A light 6'11" Portis though came or comes into the NBA supposedly weighing 245 why Noah weighed about 230.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Portis and Noah are roughly the same size. A light 6'11" Portis though came or comes into the NBA supposedly weighing 245 why Noah weighed about 230.

all you have to do is use your eyes when they are next to eachother to tell that portis is smaller than Jo, no matter his listed size which we all know is fibbed

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all you have to do is use your eyes when they are next to eachother to tell that portis is smaller than Jo, no matter his listed size which we all know is fibbed
Smaller like skinnier? Yeah definitely. Jo is listed at 232, but he's probably like 250 or something. He's put on a lot of muscle since his rookie year. With some work Portis can get there too though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Smaller like skinnier? Yeah definitely. Jo is listed at 232, but he's probably like 250 or something. He's put on a lot of muscle since his rookie year. With some work Portis can get there too though.

height as well

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
height as well
According to the measurements, you're right. Jo is about an inch and a half taller in shoes (6'10.5" vs 7'). Jo came in at 223lbs vs Portis at 246. Portis also had a slightly longer wingspan by 3/4 an inch.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
According to the measurements, you're right. Jo is about an inch and a half taller in shoes (6'10.5" vs 7'). Jo came in at 223lbs vs Portis at 246. Portis also had a slightly longer wingspan by 3/4 an inch.

when I look at portis I see a PF, not a center. putting him at center is putting him in a position to fail IMO

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
when I look at portis I see a PF, not a center. putting him at center is putting him in a position to fail IMO
If a guy like Chuck Hayes can start at center for a time, I can't see why Portis couldn't. There aren't very many Demarcus Cousins in the league. But perhaps indeed Portis is best suited as a PF, though I think the distinction grows weaker every year between PF and C.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If a guy like Chuck Hayes can start at center for a time, I can't see why Portis couldn't. There aren't very many Demarcus Cousins in the league. But perhaps indeed Portis is best suited as a PF, though I think the distinction grows weaker every year between PF and C.

cousins along with kanter, okafor, towns, noah, gasol(both of them), Duncan, Monroe, lopez, whiteside, noel, Jefferson, howard, vucevic, Drummond, gobert, Aldridge, ibaka, Jordan, etc....(you get the point) would disagree with you

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Can you explain why please? I think he can play both positions but I like the matchup problem he presents at C. There's not many stretch 5s in the league. Hawes is the only guy I could think of. I'm perplexed why you don't think Portis would be able to play C. Especially with some weight lifting. Having Bobby and Niko is a match up nightmare for every single team in the league. That opens up a ton of driving lanes and it's not like Bobby is afraid to mix it up down low either. Bobby is a little thin to play the 5 full time this year, but by next season, I actually think it's our best option unless we draft a young stud at C or Felicio transforms himself into a starting C.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
cousins along with kanter, okafor, towns, noah, gasol(both of them), Duncan, Monroe, lopez, whiteside, noel, Jefferson, howard, vucevic, Drummond, gobert, Aldridge, ibaka, Jordan, etc....(you get the point) would disagree with you
Well what does he lack exactly? He's the same height as Deandre Jordan, though minus the crazy wingspan. He actually has very similar measurements to Greg Monroe. Like almost exactly the same. It can't be a purely physical thing. If putting him against Greg Monroe is clearly setting him up for failure.

Aldridge and Ibaka technically aren't centers, though I'd say they could could certainly play the position fine. Aldridge even refused to play center during this offseason. That aside, Portis' measurements don't stray too far from either, but he is not as long as Ibaka.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

No way Portis is 20 pounds bigger than Noah. I just can't see it.