Bulls.com Bulls lead the NBA in building through the draft

czman

Liked Posts:
So either GarPax truly overvalue their players, like many here have always maintained, or they have very poor relationships with other front offices in the league.

I think they are risk averse. I suspect they would rather fail though indecision then make things worse. I guess if you never make a bad trade and draft fairly well you are playing it safe. I kind of think that is what they have done.

czman

Liked Posts:
I don't think he was projected to be Dwight, but maybe a guy like Shawn Marion if he developed his perimeter skills or even a PF version of Whiteside with some midrange game. Both of those are pretty good end results imo. Unfortunately, he was nowhere close to either.

he was projected to be Marion. Marion was also the new fad. I don't blame them for the move. I don't watch college Bball so I didn't know, but if was very happy about the prospect of having a Marion. Now to be honest. After I saw him play I was pretty sure he was nothing like Marion. He did not have the hand eye coordination.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TeamPlayers# of Players
ChicagoDerrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell, Nikola Mirotic, Doug McDermott, Cameron Bairstow, Bobby Portis, Jimmy Butler, Kirk Hinrich10
Oklahoma CityAndre Roberson, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Steven Adams, Mitch McGary, Cameron Payne, Josh Huestis9
BostonAvery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Marcus Smart, James Young, Terry Rozier, R.J. Hunter, Jordan Mickey8
AtlantaAl Horford, Mike Muscala, Lamar Patterson, Dennis Schroder, Mike Scott, Walter Tavares, Jeff Teague7
ClevelandAnderson Varejao, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Joe Harris, Sasha Kaun, Tristan Thompson6
Golden StateStephen Curry, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson, Festus Ezeli, Kevon Looney, Draymond Green6
HoustonTerrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela, Sam Dekker, Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell6
MilwaukeeJohn Henson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jabari Parker, Damien Inglis, Johnny O'Bryant, Rashad Vaughn6
TorontoDeMar DeRozan, Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross, Bruno Caboclo, Delon Wright, Norman Powell6
San AntonioTony Parker, Kyle Anderson, Kawhi Leonard, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan5
DallasDirk Nowitzki, Devin Harris, Dwight Powell, Justin Anderson4
MemphisMarc Gasol, Mike Conley, Jordan Adams, Jarell Martin4
LA ClippersBlake Griffin, C.J. Wilcox, DeAndre Jordan, Branden Dawson4
WashingtonJohn Wall, Bradley Beal, Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre4
MiamiJustise Winslow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson3
New OrleansQuincy Pondexter, Anthony Davis2

1. LeBron James did not go to Cleveland by draft this time around. It was free agency. He should not even be considered for this list.

2. Why are below average players even considered for this list?

3. Why are people still on their rookie contracts even considered for this list?

4. Even with the above edits made, what does it matter? The Bulls don't "lead" in anything worth much of a damn. SA is WAY better at building through the draft considered their titles. Golden State has one, too. And OKC drafted KD, RW, and Ibaka... and people compare that to Rose, Butler, Noah, Taj, and... Mirotic...?