Bulls.com Bulls lead the NBA in building through the draft

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
TeamPlayers# of Players
ChicagoDerrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell, Nikola Mirotic, Doug McDermott, Cameron Bairstow, Bobby Portis, Jimmy Butler, Kirk Hinrich10
Oklahoma CityAndre Roberson, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Steven Adams, Mitch McGary, Cameron Payne, Josh Huestis9
BostonAvery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Marcus Smart, James Young, Terry Rozier, R.J. Hunter, Jordan Mickey8
AtlantaAl Horford, Mike Muscala, Lamar Patterson, Dennis Schroder, Mike Scott, Walter Tavares, Jeff Teague7
ClevelandAnderson Varejao, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Joe Harris, Sasha Kaun, Tristan Thompson6
Golden StateStephen Curry, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson, Festus Ezeli, Kevon Looney, Draymond Green6
HoustonTerrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela, Sam Dekker, Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell6
MilwaukeeJohn Henson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jabari Parker, Damien Inglis, Johnny O'Bryant, Rashad Vaughn6
TorontoDeMar DeRozan, Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross, Bruno Caboclo, Delon Wright, Norman Powell6
San AntonioTony Parker, Kyle Anderson, Kawhi Leonard, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan5
DallasDirk Nowitzki, Devin Harris, Dwight Powell, Justin Anderson4
MemphisMarc Gasol, Mike Conley, Jordan Adams, Jarell Martin4
LA ClippersBlake Griffin, C.J. Wilcox, DeAndre Jordan, Branden Dawson4
WashingtonJohn Wall, Bradley Beal, Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre4
MiamiJustise Winslow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson3
New OrleansQuincy Pondexter, Anthony Davis2

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Too bad its hasn't worked out that great.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
No doubt that GarPax has done a great job drafting players since they arrived in the mid 2000s but no championships to show kind of gives it a meh feeling. Especially to the fans outside of the bulls fan base.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No doubt that GarPax has done a great job drafting players since they arrived in the mid 2000s but no championships to show kind of gives it a meh feeling. Especially to the fans outside of the bulls fan base.
I think good job is a better description.

He lucked into Rose. Became a Superstar, then had it all taken away due to injuries

Butler has been a surprise, was a 30th pick.

Noah has been a good player, but injuries may have taken away much of his ability too

Niko is still an unknown as to what he may become.

The rest of the guys are solid role players.. Gibson, Snell, Doug.

What's lacking is clear All-Star very well developed difference makers. OKC has 2 of them in Durant and Westbrook... Cleveland has 2..GSW has 2... you could even argue Atlanta has 2 in Horford and Teague.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I guess we suck at drafting or something :elephant:

WHERE ARE THE SUPERSTARS AND FINALS APPEARANCES!?!??

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I think good job is a better description.

He lucked into Rose. Became a Superstar, then had it all taken away due to injuries

Butler has been a surprise, was a 30th pick.

Noah has been a good player, but injuries may have taken away much of his ability too

Niko is still an unknown as to what he may become.

The rest of the guys are solid role players.. Gibson, Snell, Doug.

What's lacking is clear All-Star very well developed difference makers. OKC has 2 of them in Durant and Westbrook... Cleveland has 2..GSW has 2... you could even argue Atlanta has 2 in Horford and Teague.

Remember when we drafted Lamarcus Aldridge? Good times.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well I guess we suck at drafting or something :elephant:
Well as I said in my previous post, what's lacking is drafting guys who take that next step.

When Paxson came in he drafted good players in Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng.. but besides Deng (under Thibs) they never really took the next step to become consistent All-Stars or Superstars..Deng had two appearances with Thibs, and has come back down to earth after that.

Thibs got the most of out Noah too as he has two appearances as well. And we may add Butler to that list, if Butler doesn't display some consistency this season.

So we're back to good players being drafted, but the greatness is lacking.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not nice to remind us bulls fans of that. :(
Paxson took a risk on Tyrus.. it didn't pan out. It is what it is... Had we had Aldridge, things go differently for the Bulls down the line anyways. I doubt Rose is ever here.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Paxson took a risk on Tyrus.. it didn't pan out. It is what it is... Had we had Aldridge, things go differently for the Bulls down the line anyways. I doubt Rose is ever here.
Well I bet now people would rather have Aldridge than Rose because Rose is clearly da worst playa eva

:derbulls:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well I bet now people would rather have Aldridge than Rose because Rose is clearly da worst playa eva

:derbulls:
:dunno:

I'd take that 2010-11 season over 1st and 2nd round exits with Aldridge as the main option.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well as I said in my previous post, what's lacking is drafting guys who take that next step.

When Paxson came in he drafted good players in Hinrich, Gordon, and Deng.. but besides Deng (under Thibs) they never really took the next step to become consistent All-Stars or Superstars..Deng had two appearances with Thibs, and has come back down to earth after that.

Thibs got the most of out Noah too as he has two appearances as well. And we may add Butler to that list, if Butler doesn't display some consistency this season.

So we're back to good players being drafted, but the greatness is lacking.

Deng was best under skiles.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Means nothing without a ring or 3.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He had his best statistical year in his 3rd year, but imo he was better under Thibs.

We had a better team for sure. I think he was pretty much the same player honestly although he was a better shooter under skiles I believe

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We had a better team for sure. I think he was pretty much the same player honestly although he was a better shooter under skiles I believe
Well if you mean 3s, he was awful under Skiles. In fact, I believe Skiles told him to stop shooting 3s because he was so bad. He improved a lot under Del Negro percentage wise, but didn't take volume 3s until he was under Thibs. He's never really been a great 3pt shooter anyway. If I'm reading the stats right though, he was a better midrange shooter under Skiles.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well if you mean 3s, he was awful under Skiles. In fact, I believe Skiles told him to stop shooting 3s because he was so bad. He improved a lot under Del Negro percentage wise, but didn't take volume 3s until he was under Thibs. He's never really been a great 3pt shooter anyway. If I'm reading the stats right though, he was a better midrange shooter under Skiles.

Yeah agreed.