IGT: Devils @ Blackhawks 11/12 at 7:30 p.m.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think Shaw on the power play is going to change any time soon. I appreciate his willingness to go to the dirty areas on that power play but maaaaaaaan I wish he was just a little bit bigger so he could, ya know, actually screen the goalie. He can grow out his hair as long as he wants but he's still 5-9 at best.

I really think that's hardly a factor at all,I think the element of size hardly adds another factor at all to the screening. It's far more important to actually be good at moving side to side agilely mirroring to the puck. With most goalies still crouched or in butterfly spots in these scenarios anyways it's not like they are ever seeing over a under 5'10" guy that a 6'3" guy would blot out. Holmstrom was one of the greatest at it and he was no bigger than 6-ft and he helped teach guys like Kopecky & Fransson to know how to do it and yeah, even a marginal Kopecky was good at it and did it a lot for the PP on the hawks that was 2nd overall most of that 2010-11 season.

He just had another screen caused goal vs Edmonton too that goes on his belt but it's not like it gets noted in any stat line to really take in as a point. It's far more than being a body, that's why John Scott to do it was a 100% dumb idea, Chara can do it because he knows how to block bodies out like he did on D and he has excellent stick skills to go along with it.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to get more out of the 3/4 th lines as well as the Toews/Hoss line. 4th line hasn't had a goal all season according to Edzo last night.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was nice of Kane to give a poverty point to Toews.

Man, Toews blows. At least his bank account has a lot of zeros in it. What a loser.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Blah...Blah...Blah.

crying-cute-baby-image-collections+%2811%29.jpg

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Woulda been nice if everyone not The Breadmaster and Buttery Pat decided to show up and play hockey last night.

What a pants-downer. Can Q start breaking out the cattle prod?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Woulda been nice if everyone not The Breadmaster and Buttery Pat decided to show up and play hockey last night.

What a pants-downer. Can Q start breaking out the cattle prod?

Keith is back, so he works pretty much like the cattle driver.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TT for 4 or 5 games, and if that doesn't work, try Dano.

Don't want to break up Pan and Kane.

I'm starting to want to see them broken up for a stretch, just to see. Kane is playing other worldly and we don't know if they could actually be hindering each other some what.

I'm not against trying either on the first line and seeing if the one left can lead the second line with AA and a complimentary fit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think that's hardly a factor at all,I think the element of size hardly adds another factor at all to the screening. It's far more important to actually be good at moving side to side agilely mirroring to the puck. With most goalies still crouched or in butterfly spots in these scenarios anyways it's not like they are ever seeing over a under 5'10" guy that a 6'3" guy would blot out. Holmstrom was one of the greatest at it and he was no bigger than 6-ft and he helped teach guys like Kopecky & Fransson to know how to do it and yeah, even a marginal Kopecky was good at it and did it a lot for the PP on the hawks that was 2nd overall most of that 2010-11 season.

He just had another screen caused goal vs Edmonton too that goes on his belt but it's not like it gets noted in any stat line to really take in as a point. It's far more than being a body, that's why John Scott to do it was a 100% dumb idea, Chara can do it because he knows how to block bodies out like he did on D and he has excellent stick skills to go along with it.

I think width is a factor but would agree height is not. Buff would be better, Bickell did his thing.

So Baun is busting in rockford huh?

I'll dial back on the Shaw hate, his quickness and tenacity are special in that area. Perhaps it will keep working some.

Tazer looks close to finding himself, he is getting chances and just not placing the puck with his usual efficiency. He seems to be adjusting the sights, but some big games are close.

I wasn't a fan of the beating Hossa took against the Devils.