Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lack of Effort

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
maybe if they would start noah or taj with pau they could be a real contender in the east at least

Pau and taj have been finishing games which is really what matters. Hard to get too excited about the team though when you know they can't win a championship.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pau and taj have been finishing games which is really what matters. Hard to get too excited about the team though when you know they can't win a championship.

then why get on the message boards if youre so despondent over your team? take the negativity elsewhere

Enasic

Liked Posts:
then why get on the message boards if youre so despondent over your team? take the negativity elsewhere

Is it negativity or realism? I still like discussing basketball and the team. Don't get so defensive over reality. I still root for the bulls obviously.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is it negativity or realism? I still like discussing basketball and the team. Don't get so defensive over reality. I still root for the bulls obviously.

oh reality huh? like the reality that noah is still our best big man?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol...ok dude. You win. Bulls are winning a championship. Moving on...

okay strawman....when did I ever make the claim they were going to???? hell with the way GS is playing, nobody has a chance at the title this year but them. all I did was point out that noah is still our best big man despite what you and most on here seem to think and you have no response to that so you put words in my mouth

Enasic

Liked Posts:
okay strawman....when did I ever make the claim they were going to???? hell with the way GS is playing, nobody has a chance at the title this year but them. all I did was point out that noah is still our best big man despite what you and most on here seem to think and you have no response to that so you put words in my mouth

You have issues dude. We were talking about the bulls being title contenders and then you brought up Noah being our best big. Then call me straw man. Noah has surprised me with his play and the way he looks. Is he our best big man? Debatable. Is he part of the future? I don't think so. Still love the guy though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You have issues dude. We were talking about the bulls being title contenders and then you brought up Noah being our best big. Then call me straw man. Noah has surprised me with his play and the way he looks. Is he our best big man? Debatable. Is he part of the future? I don't think so. Still love the guy though.

wrong again. if you use your eyes and actually go back and read then you will notice it started off with me saying noah playing well is making you guys want to rip your dicks off. YOU were the one that started talking about championships after that comment, not me

Enasic

Liked Posts:
wrong again. if you use your eyes and actually go back and read then you will notice it started off with me saying noah playing well is making you guys want to rip your dicks off. YOU were the one that started talking about championships after that comment, not me

right. we werent talking about the reality the bulls arent title contenders. my bad. you win. moving on from this nonsense

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
right. we werent talking about the reality the bulls arent title contenders. my bad. you win. moving on from this nonsense

you started the title contender talk not me. I never said they were title contenders, I actually agree with you that they aren't. yet, you keep arguing with me over nothing

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Like I said, Noah has surprised me with his play this year. Granted, in limited minutes. But he's moving well. I still wouldn't sign him for many years or much $$$ though. Active big men with knee problems tend to decline quickly and while he's proving me and others wrong right now, it won't last forever. If he's our best big, it's mainly because none of our big men are particularly great or well rounded. They all have some big flaws in their game. If we were a championship team, I would probably be more open to re-signing Noah but we need to re-tool and get younger. We've been spinning the wheels with this core for a long time now. A change is needed unless Noah wants to give us a nice discount.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Like I said, Noah has surprised me with his play this year. Granted, in limited minutes. But he's moving well. I still wouldn't sign him for many years or much $$$ though. Active big men with knee problems tend to decline quickly and while he's proving me and others wrong right now, it won't last forever. If he's our best big, it's mainly because none of our big men are particularly great or well rounded. They all have some big flaws in their game. If we were a championship team, I would probably be more open to re-signing Noah but we need to re-tool and get younger. We've been spinning the wheels with this core for a long time now. A change is needed unless Noah wants to give us a nice discount.

are you suggesting they blow up the whole team and tank the next year or two then? because I don't see that working for them either. the reality of the bulls situation is they need to make a trade or two, but with garpax at the helm you can pretty much forget that idea. as far as noah goes, I think a 3 year deal around 5 - 7 mil per year is a fair deal for both sides

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
are you suggesting they blow up the whole team and tank the next year or two then? because I don't see that working for them either. the reality of the bulls situation is they need to make a trade or two, but with garpax at the helm you can pretty much forget that idea. as far as noah goes, I think a 3 year deal around 5 - 7 mil per year is a fair deal for both sides

I disagree, I think a trade is planned or you don't even sign Dunleavy. No way Reinsdorf goes over the luxury without a trade plan to get back under. No way.

Noah has an expiring. He is on borrowed ass time. He gone. Just a matter of the right fit, at the right time, hold onto the asset and see who is available at trade deadline. The way the Kings are going, look that direction to sending multiples and the farm for Boogie or Gay, while they get the expiring to load up max ability and maybe a young piece like Snell/Portis or even McDermott if you are pulling back Gay.

Minnesota could be in play depending on record. Noah for Martin would improve our team from a balance perspective and open up more small ball combos.

Hinrich's is probably a desired expiring too, and Noah is likely getting playing time just to increase his trade value.

He gone guys...deal with it. Hinrich/Noah 100% gone before deadline. While Snell/Dunleavy/Gibson and all picks are probably available to sweeten the deal. Portis/McDermott/Mirotic are the future at those positions and make the rest expendable, but you likely desire Dunleavy/Gibson around as veteran presence and depth.

I predict Noah/Snell/Moore/Hinrich and possibly picks will be shipped for a SG/PG or both. Denver/Sacramento/Utah/Nets/Philly/Lakers/New Orleans are your most likely. While Minnesota/Portland/Knicks/Charlotte constitute your second tier who may have to make a change or bail on the season.

Noah/Snell could even get a playoff team interested depending on their injury situation.

Its a damn shame and a stupid Gar/Pax decision we got nothing from the Deng trade except forcing Thibs to develop Snell properly as he should have been anyway.

Another remote possibility is management realizing McDermott and Mirotic may have higher individual value with one of them elsewhere, than they do playing together.

Almost none of this matters. The entire season comes down to what type of form Rose/Gasol are in come April/May. Thats all that matters. If Gasol is fresh and healthy, and Rose has shaken the rust we can beat anyone.

If Gasol gets tired from the grueling NBA season, or Rose can't shake off the rust and regain some lost athleticism through use, then we don't have a chance.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

I'm suggesting this team needs a shakeup. One of Noah, taj, or gasol needs go. I really don't even care who but I think gasol will opt out and Noah is a free agent next year so it would be a good idea to get something for them if the bulls don't plan to bring them back. Not sure what the market for Noah will be. 2 yrs at 5 mil per? Sure...I'd sign him for that but not much more. Honestly, this team is hostage to roses contract. I don't see them being able to build a contender with him on the team making 20 mil a year. That's another reason i would like them to retool and get younger. I would trade anyone on the roster not named jimmy.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
16 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 block, 3 points, and ZERO turnovers in only 20 minutes of play......but yeah that noah guy is done

its offense where ppl have their gripes against Noah

thus far Noah is averaging 2.5 points on .308 FG% .333 FT% .320 TS%

that is outstandingly bad

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah should stay. Gasol should go. First of all, they could get someone of value in return for Gasol. Not so much for Noah and he is just too valuable to just shit-can him. That being said, they will probably keep Gasol and get rid of Noah.

I also think that the off season basketball took its toll on Gasol. I think that he is worn out at a time where he should be in top shape. An aging body needs rest more than a younger one does. He didn't get it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
its offense where ppl have their gripes against Noah

thus far Noah is averaging 2.5 points on .308 FG% .333 FT% .320 TS%

that is outstandingly bad

back to this argument huh? since when in joakim noah's life has he been "expected" to score the basketball? never is the answer. oh and if you are looking for an offensive impact how about you look deeper than just his PPG and FG%?? maybe like his assists and screen game? like I mentioned, he had 6 assists and ZERO turnovers last night, id say that's having an impact on the game offensively while not trying to do things outside of what his game is. if you cannot see that value then we are done here I guess

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Noah was never an offensive force but he was never remotely this terrible on that end. He can't finish around the basket not shoot free throws or hit a mid range shot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Noah was never an offensive force but he was never remotely this terrible on that end. He can't finish around the basket not shoot free throws or hit a mid range shot.

no doubt his shooting has gone down the last year and half....again though, any scoring from Jo has always been considered a luxury, not a necessity from him

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

this exactly

its a difference between not being a scorer and being a down right liability