Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
this exactly

its a difference between not being a scorer and being a down right liability

so 6 assists to zero turnovers is an offensive liability nowadays....got ya :obama:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
so 6 assists to zero turnovers is an offensive liability nowadays....got ya :obama:

so Noah can make good passes that other players set up for him, big whoop....its not like Noah is out there dishing the rock like Magic....all he does is stand stationary while another player makes the play

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
so Noah can make good passes that other players set up for him, big woof....you act like Noah is out there dishing the rock like Magic when all he does is stand stationary while another player makes the play

so if its just that easy to get assists then how come our other bigs cant do it? how come other bigs in the league cant do it? you cant just discount what he does on the court like that. you act like its all the other guy catching the pass that made the play for him and that's simply not true, it takes two baby

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Teams can completely play off of Noah. He's zero threat on offense. We're basically playing 4 vs 5 on offense with him which is ok for short bursts and if other guys have it going but it's not a great situation. If only pau and Noah can combine into one we would have a complete big

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Teams can completely play off of Noah. He's zero threat on offense. We're basically playing 4 vs 5 on offense with him which is ok for short bursts and if other guys have it going but it's not a great situation. If only pau and Noah can combine into one we would have a complete big

which is why you complement noah by starting him with guys like pau, McD, and butler to make sure theres a nice balance of offense/defense on the court. its not that hard to figure out really

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
so if its just that easy to get assists then how come our other bigs cant do it? how come other bigs in the league cant do it? you cant just discount what he does on the court like that. you act like its all the other guy catching the pass that made the play for him and that's simply not true, it takes two baby

Noah is a very skilled passer but my point is hes not actually what i would consider "setting players up" what he does is stand there while another player makes a play. lets say Jimmy cuts back door, Noah is able to deliver a accurate pass to him. thats great but i don't think it makes him a non-liability on offense.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
which is why you complement noah by starting him with guys like pau, McD, and butler to make sure theres a nice balance of offense/defense on the court. its not that hard to figure out really

Then somebody tell Fred to start Noah and pau if it's so obvious.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Noah is a very skilled passer but my point is hes not actually what i would consider "setting players up" what he does is stand there while another player makes a play. lets say Jimmy cuts back door, Noah is able to deliver a accurate pass to him. thats great but i don't think it makes him a non-liability on offense.

okay and like I said, that's why you play him with offensive players to complement his defense. and while I get what you mean about guys like jimmy making cuts while noah stands there....noah still has to deliver the ball to them, usually into a tight window also. the fact is the bulls trust him to make those passes, not pau, not taj, and not niko. theres a reason why he is one of the few big men in the league that get those assist numbers, unless you think the bulls just have the superior supporting cast around noah that other teams don't have and we both know that's not the case

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Then somebody tell Fred to start Noah and pau if it's so obvious.

ive been saying he needs to do that all season, and even fred himself is starting to lean that way. hence why he was going to start Jo the other night and why niko didn't see the floor in the 2nd half last night

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
thing is we have already seen the Pau-Noah duo and it didn't work so its a exercise in futility imo

teams are allowed to cheat off Noah and crowd Pau....i don't know why Fred isn't trying what i think is the most logical move and thats start Pau-Taj and have Noah-Niko off the bench (or Noah/Niko start, Pau/Taj off the bench)

Taj has shown hes capable of hitting a mid range jumper so it keeps teams honest. he also provides defense.

Noah would be at center and be able to hang around the basket where he'd probably be more effective while Niko is able to stretch out to the 3 point line minimising spacing issues caused by Noah

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer pau/taj over Noah/pau but barely. We're deep up front but none of our guys really compliment each other well. If niko were playing well I would say start Noah/niko but niko doesn't deserve to start right now. Pau/taj makes the most sense to start IMO. Really, none of the options are "great" or "no brainers."

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
thing is we have already seen the Pau-Noah duo and it didn't work so its a exercise in futility imo

teams are allowed to cheat off Noah and crowd Pau....i don't know why Fred isn't trying what i think its the most logical move and thats start Pau-Taj and have Noah-Niko off the bench.

Taj has shown hes capable of hitting a mid range jumper so it keeps teams honest

Noah would come off the bench at center and be able to hang around the basket where he'd probably be more effective while Niko is able to stretch out to the 3 point line minimising spacing issues caused by Noah

and im fine with those pairings as well...ive been saying noah or taj should start instead of Niko. niko could come off the bench and provide some scoring against the other teams non starting big men. put him in a position to succeed instead of fail.

as far as the noah/pau pairing goes....remind me what the bulls record was when they had their starting lineup of pau, noah, Dunleavy, butler, and rose was last year? it was really really good I remember that. so saying it doesn't work and is futile is simply incorrect

* I just looked it up, they were 16 - 5 last year with that starting lineup out there...pretty darn good :shrug:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i don't think team record accurately depicts the Pau-Noah tandem. there were specific numbers that showed how Bulls did with Pau-Noah together and they weren't very good.

I know the argument will be "but Noah was hurt all last year" but other than him being a bit more mobile hes not much better this year. again offensively it allows teams to cheat off of him and crowd Pau/the paint.

He'd be much better suited with Niko but im a armchair coach here. Fred seems to be leaning on starting Noah and probably will so we'll see what happens

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i don't think team record accurately depicts the Pau-Noah tandem. there were specific numbers that showed how Bulls did with Pau-Noah together and they weren't very good.

I know the argument will "but Noah was hurt all last year" but other than him being a bit more mobile hes not much better this year. again offensively it allows teams to cheat off of him and crowd Pau/the paint

He'd be much better suited with Niko but im armchair coach here. Fred seems to be leaning on starting Noah and probably will so we'll see what happens

well the bulls won 61% of their games last year. when they had their starting 5 together playing they won 76% of their games. so if a 15% increase in winning percentage is a "bad lineup" then I wish the bulls would play more "bad lineups." in the end winning is what matters and you cant ignore the fact they win more with that starting lineup out there. of course Dunleavy will be quite a while before he is back unfortunately

* btw fwiw a 76% winning percentage over the course of a season would of had them with the 2nd best record in the league last year behind only GS

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
well the bulls won 61% of their games last year. when they had their starting 5 together playing they won 76% of their games. so if a 15% increase in winning percentage is a "bad lineup" then I wish the bulls would play more "bad lineups." in the end winning is what matters and you cant ignore the fact they win more with that starting lineup out there. of course Dunleavy will be quite a while before he is back unfortunately

* btw fwiw a 76% winning percentage over the course of a season would of had them with the 2nd best record in the league last year behind only GS

i don't agree with that logic at all. its grasping at straws. again there were stats that said the duo wasn't so hot.

maybe when the team was fully healthy (which was a fucking rarity btw) they were talented enough to overcome it but it doesn't mean it was the right pairing...but we'll see when Fred tries it i guess

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i don't agree with that logic at all its grasping at straws. again there were stats that said the duo wasn't so hot.

maybe when the team was fully healthy (which was a fucking rarity btw) they were talented enough to overcome it but it doesn't mean it was the right pairing...but we'll see when Fred tries it i guess

you keep saying that, yet haven't provide any of those "stats."

btw if you go to basketball reference and look at duo pairings for the bulls last year, youll notice the top big man pairing last year statistically according to them was noah and pau :shrug:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
you keep saying that, yet haven't provide any of those "stats."

btw if you go to basketball reference and look at duo pairings for the bulls last year, youll notice the top big man pairing last year statistically according to them was noah and pau :shrug:

im lazy and when i search Pau/Noah lineup all i get is articles from Noah saying he wants another shot with Gasol but i remember Coach Nick briefly showing some stats of Gasol-Noah and Gasol-Taj

cIEs2aV.jpg

however this was in January so they aren't the most up to date. however i think simple basketball logic says that we'd be better off breaking apart Gasol-Noah and ive laid the case out already

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
like ive said numerous times before, im fine with starting pau and taj. I just don't think you should throw out the idea of starting noah and pau either. I guess unless you don't enjoy the best odds of winning, like ive shown to be the case :)

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I'm a fucking turnover machine who can't shoot and makes $20 mill a year.

Guess who I am?

Who?

If you're talking about Rose, I guess that you've forgotten his eye socket is still screwed up.

Or would you rather that he not rushed back and took time off until his eye was fully healed?