I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A couple of the stats in this blog are mind-blowing.

The videos are frustrating to watch, too:

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/11/13/9726436/this-week-in-the-bulls-doug-mcdermott-is-killing-the-team

McD aint on the team because of his defense. he is on the team for his shooting which has been awesome to this point. I think that if Hoiberg wants to continue to start him though then he is going to have to bench Niko and put Noah or Taj in the starting lineup to help cover up McD and Pau's defensive liabilities

czman

Liked Posts:
It is still early so the numbers at this point can be easily skewed. He is a bad defender, I doubt he get much better. This coach places less emphasis on defense so he will play.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hes a fucking spazz in those clips...he don't know which way is up

it looks like hes trying way too hard and that may be his problem...although i don't think he'll ever been a good defender maybe he wouldn't be such a laughably bad one if he settles down

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
The rotation changes dramatically when Mike Dunleavy jr returns. He plays much better 'help' or backside defense than McDermott or Snell because he's a veteran who has seen the moves other players make consistently. When McBuckets and Snell are playing in the early second and fourth quarters they'll be against very different players and hopefully Hoiberg will allow MDJ to play the end of a half unlike Thibs who sent him so far to the end of the bench they would have had to text him to bring him in.

czman

Liked Posts:
hes a fucking spazz in those clips...he don't know which way is up

it looks like hes trying way too hard and that may be his problem...although i don't think he'll ever been a good defender maybe he wouldn't be such a laughably bad one if he settles down

The rotations are not where they need to be. Not sure if this coach can improve players on both sides. There is a very good chance that we see rotations get worse and worse and the season and years roll on.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The rotation changes dramatically when Mike Dunleavy jr returns. He plays much better 'help' or backside defense than McDermott or Snell because he's a veteran who has seen the moves other players make consistently. When McBuckets and Snell are playing in the early second and fourth quarters they'll be against very different players and hopefully Hoiberg will allow MDJ to play the end of a half unlike Thibs who sent him so far to the end of the bench they would have had to text him to bring him in.

Guys either play defense at the start or they don't. Very few improve their defense appreciably. He probably was never asked to paly defense in high school or college. Plain and simply, he is going to be a 6th or 7th guy on a team. There isn't anything wrong with that. He will have a value and probably a long career. But a starter in the NBA? Doubtful. Mirotic is going to be a star. He can shoot, drive, and set up others. He also will be a decent help defender and is tough.

I am not down on McD. I just do not see him as a starter. If he becomes anything close to Kyle Korver it will be a huge plus for the Bulls.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is anyone really all that surprised?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wow, such observations.

What's next? Questioning why Aaron Brooks doesn't lead the league in rebounding?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He'll get better. Even though Korver was already in the league for a while before he came to the bulls, he improved as a defender in those couple years and is now a pretty decent defender. As long as Doug continues to shoot lights out and makes gradual improvements on defense, he could be a starter in the league.