Marc Mariani

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this really the best we can do for a kick returner? Every time I see him come on the field to return a punt I get an uneasy feeling.
How about Ka'Deem?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Langford is quick, lets use him.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
I am confident we will be fine with him. Just wonder if the Bears will give him another chance.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cruz still on the roster? give that kid a shot...

he's the one from the arena football league right...

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's actually 12th in the league in return average for players with 5 or more returns (kick off), and 21st for guys with 10 or more punt returns. (pretty sure those numbers haven't been updated to include today)

Grizz

Liked Posts:
Every time he's on the field now to take a kick he's a liability. Find anyone else to return. All we need is someone who can make a fair catch and put their fucking knee down in the end zone. Do that and we'll be in a better position, he's absolutely terrible.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you either have to be extremely sure handed or have the ability to break one every so often.

Mariani gives the bears neither. Theres gotta be a guy on the PS or someone else's PS who can catch a punt, kneel in the end zone and have better speed than slow man mariani.

ill be shocked and disappointed if he's given another shot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He's actually 12th in the league in return average for players with 5 or more returns (kick off), and 21st for guys with 10 or more punt returns. (pretty sure those numbers haven't been updated to include today)
For kick returns they countdistance from the depth received in the endzone. Mariani averages 26 yards per return. I would bet more than half his returns were short of the 20. As for punt returns, who in their right mind would want him out there. He is worthless.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For kick returns they countdistance from the depth received in the endzone. Mariani averages 26 yards per return. I would bet more than half his returns were short of the 20. As for punt returns, who in their right mind would want him out there. He is worthless.

I know they measure from the catch. Not advocating for anything, simply stating facts.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
The only conclusion i can make is that Fox is letting him play because we don't have a legit back up. I would think Carey or Bellamy would get some looks.

Another interesting possibility is that he's a decent wr and fills that additional need. But I'm done with the guy and expect this to be his last year here.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sun in your eyes thing sucks. :yep: