Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's the shoes smh
Kinda funny to me really because his shoes are designed to have great ankle support. I've been playing in his shoes for years and have never had a single ankle injury in them. I intermittently wore more generic Adidas shoes and a pair of Jordan's in between the Rose 2s and the Rose 5s that I currently use and sprained my ankle like 4 times. Go figure.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Kinda funny to me really because his shoes are designed to have great ankle support. I've been playing in his shoes for years and have never had a single ankle injury in them. I intermittently wore more generic Adidas shoes and a pair of Jordan's in between the Rose 2s and the Rose 5s that I currently use and sprained my ankle like 4 times. Go figure.

Dude, I feel your pain. I can't make this shit up: my dad bought me a pair of Roses (not sure what model (are they even called models?) as I don't know shit about shoes) and I hooped in them 4 times and sprained each ankle twice. They have awful support for ankles and no matter how hard you tie them, they feel really loose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, I feel your pain. I can't make this shit up: my dad bought me a pair of Roses (not sure what model (are they even called models?) as I don't know shit about shoes) and I hooped in them 4 times and sprained each ankle twice. They have awful support for ankles and no matter how hard you tie them, they feel really loose.
Wow you have literally the opposite problem I had with Rose's shoes. Crazy. It's just interesting to me that you would have such a bad experience because the way the shoe is made your ankle is locked in place. That area in the back of the shoe by your heel usually you can see a plastic piece or similar non-leather materiel which stabilizes your ankle area. That part of the shoe does not bend at all. That's what prevents all ankle sprains for me. Other shoes that don't have a similar ankle locking mechanism usually leads to me spraining my ankle after awhile.

Of course, if you come down on someone's foot in just the right way, you could sprain your ankle regardless. Nothing is foolproof.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I stopped spraining my ankles once I stopped wearing shoes with ankle support/high tops. Come to think of it, playing random games with guys wearing vans and other skate shoes, never do I remember anyone rolling an ankle in them(and we played full speed). Coincidence? I have no idea, but I'm definitely not making this up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I stopped spraining my ankles once I stopped wearing shoes with ankle support/high tops. Come to think of it, playing random games with guys wearing vans and other skate shoes, never do I remember anyone rolling an ankle in them(and we played full speed). Coincidence? I have no idea, but I'm definitely not making this up.
What kind of mutants are you playing with?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sprained his ankle because of his double vision. Get it right

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sprained his ankle because of his double vision. Get it right

Does that mean he has twice as many ankles that can sprain? Or did he just sprain 2 ankles at once? :thinking:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow you have literally the opposite problem I had with Rose's shoes. Crazy. It's just interesting to me that you would have such a bad experience because the way the shoe is made your ankle is locked in place. That area in the back of the shoe by your heel usually you can see a plastic piece or similar non-leather materiel which stabilizes your ankle area. That part of the shoe does not bend at all. That's what prevents all ankle sprains for me. Other shoes that don't have a similar ankle locking mechanism usually leads to me spraining my ankle after awhile.

Of course, if you come down on someone's foot in just the right way, you could sprain your ankle regardless. Nothing is foolproof.

You gotta pay Attention with over-stabilizing your ankles. When you land on someones foot and your ankle can´t roll the Impact will go right into your knee!

Also playing in braces will weaken your ankles. You can avoid ankle injuries by working out much more efficient.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You gotta pay Attention with over-stabilizing your ankles. When you land on someones foot and your ankle can´t roll the Impact will go right into your knee!

Also playing in braces will weaken your ankles. You can avoid ankle injuries by working out much more efficient.
You're definitely right. For me, a lot of times I just pull the Steph Curry and fall. Avoid both injuries that way. And for me personally I don't use ankle braces unless I am just coming back from an ankle injury for the reason you mentioned.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a point guard with a sprained ankle. I mean c'mon. Anybody who has ever played basketball or sports in their life has rolled an ankle or too.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by RC_Skinny22 View Post

You're definitely right. For me, a lot of times I just pull the Steph Curry and fall. Avoid both injuries that way. And for me personally I don't use ankle braces unless I am just coming back from an ankle injury for the reason you mentioned.

I had a coach a long time ago(seems like everything is a long time ago:)) tell me to go with the fall and don't fight it. What you are saying makes sense when you think about it. Look at all of the ankle sprains and breaks in football where the foot sticks in the ground and the body goes opposite.