NBA: Here’s What’s Really Wrong With the Chicago Bulls

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pretty good article about paxon failures. This kind of made me laugh

Paxson hired Vinny Del Negro, a brand-new head coach with zero experience on the bench, to lead a team filled with young talent and a 19-year-old point guard. After two mediocre seasons and an embarrassing incident in which Paxson physically assaulted Del Negro, the coach was fired. How was Paxson punished? He was promoted to VP of Basketball Operations, with Gar Forman taking his old job at GM.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba-heres-whats-really-wrong-with-the-chicago-bulls.html/?a=viewall

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the vdn hire was Jerry's call because he wanted to go cheap. Dantoni was available for more $$$ but glad we didn't go that route. I think the plan all along was for vdn to be a placeholder. If I recall correctly, that was a weak pool of coaches that year. Could be wrong though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of the drafting under Paxson’s watch has been good, with Bulls’ hires including Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, and Jimmy Butler. But the Bulls have struggled to land a true star, whether it be via free agency, the draft, or the trade market.

Kind of forgot Derrick Rose.

Nice article about stuff almost everybody already knew.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It's pretty bad when you mention Ben Gordon and Niko but fail to mention a former MVP of the league to try to make your argument :smh:

I dont think he mentioned it because it was the obvious pick. Do you give a gm credit for drafting lebron james or anthony davis. Of course not. You better draft those guys when you have a chance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty good article about paxon failures. This kind of made me laugh

Oh my God..... I couldn't have written a better article myself. I've been saying this kind of stuff for years!!! Reinsdorf is responsible for this mess ultimately because he hires stooges on the cheap and then keeps them around because he refuses to admit he fucked things up. Paxson is just a big fucking asshole. Huge ego and huge temper. How he has a job is just an example of Reinsdorf's stupidity. Forman is incompetent and between the two of them ran Thibs out of town tho he knew what he needed as a roster and they never gave it to them. HE was the reason that they did as well as they did. Garfield Goose and friend are two of the three stooges(see REINSDORF) who kept them from winning a championship..
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba-heres-whats-really-wrong-with-the-chicago-bulls.html/?a=viewall

---

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think he mentioned it because it was the obvious pick. Do you give a gm credit for drafting lebron james or anthony davis. Of course not. You better draft those guys when you have a chance.

It's lazy writing. Pure and simple. You write one sentence and then literally contradict yourself in the one right next to it.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:

Can you imagine if he got Beasley instead? How horrible would that have been?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe. Depends if he still has knee injuries with the heat. Could you imagine a big four with rose, wade, lebron, bosh?
No one would be hating on Rose now even with the injuries.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

on the flip side we wouldn't have the albatross known as Drose's contract handcuffing the organization currently

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He really crippled the team by winning MVP

just playing devils advocate. sure we wouldn't of had the MVP season.....that led the bulls to give him the max contract :troll:
cap wise we would certainly be better off today

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
just playing devils advocate. sure we wouldn't of had the MVP season.....that led the bulls to give him the max contract :troll:
cap wise we would certainly be better off today
Well yeah...it's easy to say that with hindsight. He deserved that contract though...then tragedy struck several times over and here we are. Luck is not on our side.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well yeah...it's easy to say that with hindsight. He deserved that contract though...then tragedy struck several times over and here we are. Luck is not on our side.

completely agree. obviously rose was the correct pick to make over Beasley. and that is correct, Andrew Luck is not on our side lol

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Bulls draft Beasley and suck the next year and get the 5th pick in the 2009 draft which they select Curry
2010 they draft 8th overall and they select Paul George
They pick 10th in 2011 and select Klay Thompson
Bulls have a messy season and end up yet again in the lottery however this time they win it and select Anthony Davis
Bulls make the playoffs and select Rudy Gobert 19th overall

Curry
Klay
George
Davis
Gobert

could be our lineup had we not been cursed with Derrick Rose