Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We haven't been playing that well? WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Before this season, I said November into December would be a transition period. The players need to get use to the offense, adapt to it and things would hopefully be rolling by January. Derrick Rose getting his face busted hasn't helped matters concerning the offense. Its no secret the O-Rating is down, but oddly their D rating is still up. Though I'd say they haven't looked the best on D either.

Either way, lets wait until Christmas, yes Christmas, to really judge this team. Right now they pretty much win on talent alone, hence the 7-3 record. They've beaten good teams (Cleveland, OKC, Indiana) and have lost to all young hungry teams (Detroit, Charlotte, Minnesota).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They've beaten good teams (Cleveland, OKC, Indiana) and have lost to all young hungry teams (Detroit, Charlotte, Minnesota).
This has been true for years though

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Before this season, I said November into December would be a transition period. The players need to get use to the offense, adapt to it and things would hopefully be rolling by January. Derrick Rose getting his face busted hasn't helped matters concerning the offense. Its no secret the O-Rating is down, but oddly their D rating is still up. Though I'd say they haven't looked the best on D either.

Either way, lets wait until Christmas, yes Christmas, to really judge this team. Right now they pretty much win on talent alone, hence the 7-3 record. They've beaten good teams (Cleveland, OKC, Indiana) and have lost to all young hungry teams (Detroit, Charlotte, Minnesota).

its good to be hungry

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This has been true for years though
Has it? I thought they beat everyone usually during the Thibs years except his last... other than when they were overmatched due to injuries.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Has it? I thought they beat everyone usually during the Thibs years except his last... other than when they were overmatched due to injuries.
I could be wrong. Certainly during the "prime" years (2010, 2011) we were beating everyone in sight usually, but over the course of my Bulls fandom I have always felt like the Bulls lose to bad teams and win against the good ones. Playing down to the level of competition is not a phrase that I've heard exclusively this year and last.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I could be wrong. Certainly during the "prime" years (2010, 2011) we were beating everyone in sight usually, but over the course of my Bulls fandom I have always felt like the Bulls lose to bad teams and win against the good ones. Playing down to the level of competition is not a phrase that I've heard exclusively this year and last.
Suppose I didn't notice during the Rose injured years.

And the teams before that were never that good, so nothing shocked me there.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a small sample size of games.

The Bulls have underperformed offensively (especially Mirotic and Noah). Their rebounding sucks. They beat OKC and Cleveland yet get destroyed by Charlotte and lose a couple of home games against mediocre teams.

The positive is despite McDermott's, Gasol's, Mirotic's, Brooks', and Rose's defensive short comings, they are still a top echelon defensive team.

7-3 is pretty much would you could have expected for this team at this point. They have a lot of room for improvement. However, also a lot of cause for concern with the offense especially.

They can play well on both sides of the floor, improve their rebounding, and still lose to Cleveland. You can throw Butler, Gasol, Rose, Irving, Love, both coaches, both deep benches and it would be a wash. But then one of those teams has LeBron. And that's all you really need to know about the Bulls' title aspirations.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
5/41st of the way through the season.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I am delighted to see us at 7 - 3 considering the circumstances.

The fact that we are off to a great start (record wise) gives me confidence as we move forward with a better understanding of the new system, Rose and others getting healthy, and Mirotic getting his shit together.

I see this team heading to the ECF.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
-It's definitely a positive sign that despite the lack of efficiency, and the team generally not playing that well, they are still 7-3. Things can only improve as the season goes on.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's funny now is if the Bulls win tonight, they can be in 1st in the East.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
57 win pace might be a bit high, but could 50 be enough for second or third in the East?

We just need to avoid Cleveland until the Championship game because Irving/Love have as high a likelihood of a leg falling off at the hip as Rose.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
57 win pace might be a bit high, but could 50 be enough for second or third in the East?

We just need to avoid Cleveland until the Championship game because Irving/Love have as high a likelihood of a leg falling off at the hip as Rose.
You mean the Eastern Conference Finals.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I didn't read the article but c'mon....the Bulls are 7-3 and haven't even played very good basketball. Certainly not their best basketball. That means, there's a ton of room to grow. Their defense, which many people thought would fall apart, has actually looked better than last season. Fred is finding his way with the team and still figuring things out which we all should have expected. The Bulls to me are the 2nd best team in the east...if that's not as good as their record suggests, oh well. I don't think anybody in their right mind expected the Bulls to win a championship or realistically even get past Cleveland this year.