Reggie Bush Heisman Trophy Revoked

Livewire

Liked Posts:
The Heisman Trophy Trust has decided that Reggie Bush was ineligible during his Heisman winning season in 2005 and have revoked the award from him. This is the first time in its 75 year history that such action has been done and the Heisman will remain vacant for 2005.

The committee has also revoked 14 wins USC had in the 2004 and 2005 season in which Bush played in.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I cannot wait for USCChiFan to give his thoughts on the situation... :lmao:

bucsgirl29

Liked Posts:
kind of sucks that one boys mistakes are now causing others to suffer. I mean come on every college does it.. Bama went through this crap too. it sucks :( and taking wins away from Bowden

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They've been stripping wins from the record in baskeball, bout time they do it fairly in football... even if it's happened so much before and still currently it doesn't mean changing is a bad move. Take the action.

While it was just one boy in this case being officially caught, he was a fricken Heisman winner so it's clear how key his efforts were to all those wins.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see why they would go through all this, but whatever. Perhaps the Heisman people should look into all their other recent winners, all of whom I'm guessing have enjoyed an illegal benefit or two while they played. Bush was just stupid about it.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't see why they would go through all this, but whatever. Perhaps the Heisman people should look into all their other recent winners, all of whom I'm guessing have enjoyed an illegal benefit or two while they played. Bush was just stupid about it.

Exactly, they are making an example out of him when 99% of the others did the same.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Exactly, they are making an example out of him when 99% of the others did the same.

There is no evidence of that. Innocent until proven guilty.

I am glad that scum bag USC player got the most prestigious individual award in sports revoked. As well as a lot of his team's history.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think USC became a product of what happens when a major sport moves it's pro team from a major market. All of those Ram's fans had to go somewhere, and USC has more scopes overseeing it's practices because of it. I have no doubt in my mind that the conspiracy of many players having the same illegal advantages have happened in the past. It's not fair to point fingers, but at least someone is being made an example of an issue that has gotten out of hand.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
can he keep the trophy?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I can't wait to see USC at a bowl game this year...

oh wait.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Doesn't speak well for Bush then if he was the only one dumb enough to get caught.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
It's the NCAA rules. They have the right I guess. Do I think they should take it away? Absolutely not.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
In what world does revoking an award mean you get to keep it?

Easy answer to your rhetorical question.. Bizarro world.

The phrasing of the award says the player must be an eligible NCAA athlete. It's been decided he was ineligible so he shouldn't be qualified to hold the title.

The Heisman trusties will have to have at least 6 of the 8 agree to stripe it if they vote on it.