• Bledsoe is better than Rose!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so Rose isn't playing? what happened to it being nothing?

man i hate this team

It WAS nothing until Rose twisted it again in the showers. Then twice more exchanging meme faces with his son.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To knoxville who made some good challenges.

I'll say its enough that Rose MIGHT be the savior. He MIGHT be. and the point remains it isn't easy to find another PG who MIGHT be. There are a lot of isn't the savior, and unfortunately in this league you need a savior to win it all.

He has proven he has greatness in him, and he always attacks the basket int he playoffs. What do I need to see from Rose to believe?

1) He isn't finishing with the same touch he had as a younger player. He leaves too many low chance balls off the glass and does not have his former self savant like glass touch. It would be nice to see him stay healthy and play at least 60 games if that could come back.

2) This double vision thing, or his conditioning, consistency of effort. Hard to judge the progression of his shot, but his shot is something you want to see inch in an upward direction every year. Rose should be better now than he has ever been, because his shot should be a weapon by now. Is it or isn't it? Hard to judge his work with his "double vision."

3) He should watch Chris Paul to understand when he needs to be the guy, and when to let the team run itself. A point guard should have no agenda's, no plan heading into a game. Paul is the savior when his team needs him to be the savior. The rest of the time he feeds them and builds their ego's. When they need him most, his cape appears. I'd like to see more of that from Rose and not the inconsistency that is hard to figure.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is using precaution.
Resting for the Warriors game? :shrug:

I don't think it's that ridiculous to sit out a couple days after you sprain an ankle. My guess is if this were the playoffs or something, he'd be playing.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
:jimmybuckets:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
That's sad on Devin Bookers part. Got em twice in a row

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Perhaps your standards for Snell's defense are higher than mine. From what I see he generally moves his feet well on the ball and while wingspan doesn't automatically make you anything defensively, I feel he does use his length well to contest shots and poke at the ball every now and then. He's not a defensive stopper or anything, but he's decent. At least average imo.

And yes, he's not as good a shooter as Doug, but as a 3&D guy, he works.

All that said, I do think Doug works best with the starters because he can get the best looks from 3 that way so I like seeing him start over Snell. This is a game where I would start Doug over Snell because he wouldn't get torched defensively by PJ Tucker. Let Snell handle TJ Warren, who I believe operates as their 6th man scorer type, off the bench. It just makes sense that way to me.

its not snells on ball defense that is the problem. its his help defense, or lack thereof that is the problem. he never seems to know where he is supposed to be. that's the one thing Dunleavy does such a good job at is his help defense.

on a good note, solid W tonight for the bulls. jimmy was clutch down the stretch and kirk looked like he was 7 years younger out there tonight

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow what got into Kirk tonight...he was actually quite competent.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
its not snells on ball defense that is the problem. its his help defense, or lack thereof that is the problem. he never seems to know where he is supposed to be. that's the one thing Dunleavy does such a good job at is his help defense.
That's fair I guess. Imo the entire team's help defense could be better. Jo and Taj know where to be, and Jimmy does too, but outside of these guys (our clear top 3 defenders) there's a lot of inconsistency. Snell definitely falls into that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That's fair I guess. Imo the entire team's help defense could be better. Jo and Taj know where to be, and Jimmy does too, but outside of these guys (our clear top 3 defenders) there's a lot of inconsistency. Snell definitely falls into that.

agreed. I think Dunleavy coming back will help with that a lot

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow what got into Kirk tonight...he was actually quite competent.

Oh hey we won! And Kirk had a good game! And if I had to guess its because he's not playing many minutes.. so he's fresh still.

Bulls are in first. That's all that matters yo.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Having mdj out there instead of snell will be a huge lift. That light still hasn't gone off for snell and I'm not sure if it ever will. I keep thinking it will and that he's just a late bloomer but man, it's hard to stay patient.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Snell now has a frustrating amount of offensive fouls on drives to the basket. I like that he's driving more, but he's got to be smart about it. He's making it too easy for the defense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Snell now has a frustrating amount of offensive fouls on drives to the basket. I like that he's driving more, but he's got to be smart about it. He's making it too easy for the defense.

Yep. What's worse is when he's playing with confidence and has a better flow/pace to his game, he can get into the paint fairly easily. It's almost like when he gets in there he starts thinking too much or just the opposite, complete turns off his brain and runs through somebody. He has the ability to finish inside but he just needs to man up. I'd say 90% of snell's problems are mental/testicle related. If he gets that under control, he can be more than just an inconsistent 3D player.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Oh hey we won! And Kirk had a good game! And if I had to guess its because he's not playing many minutes.. so he's fresh still.

Bulls are in first. That's all that matters yo.

he played 24 minutes, half the game. im pretty sure everyone on here before the season had been told that they would of been ripping their dick off saying that's way too many minutes for him. but when you play well, nobody cares