• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he played 24 minutes, half the game. im pretty sure everyone on here before the season had been told that they would of been ripping their dick off saying that's way too many minutes for him. but when you play well, nobody cares
to have as an MPG is too many minutes.

Since he's filling in for injury, and he was actually producing... I don't have a problem with it.

Kirk produces and does well with his time. Everyones happen. Kirk plays 25 minutes and has a 0-1 3 turnovers 1 assist, 0 points statline, I don't want to see him again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he played 24 minutes, half the game. im pretty sure everyone on here before the season had been told that they would of been ripping their dick off saying that's way too many minutes for him. but when you play well, nobody cares
Much truth

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
to have as an MPG is too many minutes.

Since he's filling in for injury, and he was actually producing... I don't have a problem with it.

Kirk produces and does well with his time. Everyones happen. Kirk plays 25 minutes and has a 0-1 3 turnovers 1 assist, 0 points statline, I don't want to see him again.

that's what hes been doing the last couple years and why his MPG the last couple years has been right at 24MPG. if a certain someone could stay healthy then his MPG, even under thibs, would have been much lower. so far hoiberg seems to be adapting to all the things thibs used to do :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's what hes been doing the last couple years and why his MPG the last couple years has been right at 24MPG. if a certain someone could stay healthy then his MPG, even under thibs, would have been much lower. so far hoiberg seems to be adapting to all the things thibs used to do :shrug:
Nah, Thibs was playing him in too many situations he shouldn't have. That was my gripe. Hoiberg, at least to start, was playing that game. Part of the problem was the shit play Brooks was giving the Bulls though to start this season, thus thrusting Hinrich back into the rotation.

Again, if Kirk is playing a good game, fine... if he's sucking with his minutes, he should be taken out of the game. I don't need to watch dribble dribble dribble put up terrible shot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nah, Thibs was playing him in too many situations he shouldn't have. That was my gripe. Hoiberg, at least to start, was playing that game. Part of the problem was the shit play Brooks was giving the Bulls though to start this season, thus thrusting Hinrich back into the rotation.

Again, if Kirk is playing a good game, fine... if he's sucking with his minutes, he should be taken out of the game. I don't need to watch dribble dribble dribble put up terrible shot.

hoiberg is playing kirk over ET as well(who IMO has been solid off the bench). and kirk still runs an offense better than any PG we have on our roster sadly

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hoiberg is playing kirk over ET as well(who IMO has been solid off the bench). and kirk still runs an offense better than any PG we have on our roster sadly
Yes, people say that, but I never really saw it when it mattered in games under Thibs. In all of the playoffs last year I thought the way he played he deserved 0 minutes.

I think with last night, Hoiberg just stayed with the hot hand. Kirk was playing well, so why bench him? Also Kirk has had a tendency to play better in the beginning of the season rather than later..Not sure his body is up for heavy minutes anymore. Thats part of why I think he was probably dragging by March the previous few seasons.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, people say that, but I never really saw it when it mattered in games under Thibs. In all of the playoffs last year I thought the way he played he deserved 0 minutes.

I think with last night, Hoiberg just stayed with the hot hand. Kirk was playing well, so why bench him? Also Kirk has had a tendency to play better in the beginning of the season rather than later..Not sure his body is up for heavy minutes anymore. Thats part of why I think he was probably dragging by March the previous few seasons.

hmmm I always thought the hinrich argument was that he starts off slow and then around January/February picks it up. and watching kirk run the offense vs. rose or any of our other PG's is night and day. the ball moves and goes where it is supposed to when kirk is out there. he knows how to feed the ball in the post, a simple thing, yet derrick never seems to be able to do it. if your complaint about kirk is dribble dribble shoot, then you must really rip your dick off when you watch rose or brooks

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
wish Kirk could play like that all the time

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Traditionally, Kirk heats up after the All Star break. I've posted the stats from basketball-reference before somewhere. The last couple seasons under Thibs I think he broke that trend.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
wish Kirk could play like that all the time

agreed. kirk from 7/8 years ago would be perfect for this team...timing is everything

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hmmm I always thought the hinrich argument was that he starts off slow and then around January/February picks it up. and watching kirk run the offense vs. rose or any of our other PG's is night and day. the ball moves and goes where it is supposed to when kirk is out there. he knows how to feed the ball in the post, a simple thing, yet derrick never seems to be able to do it. if your complaint about kirk is dribble dribble shoot, then you must really rip your dick off when you watch rose or brooks
So, make Hinrich undisputed team captain, sign him to a 50 year 1 billion contract?

This year, I may agree with you, but I need a bigger sample size of Hinrich to make that determination. Any other year, I disagree about Kirk.

Edit: I should say recent years... His early years with the Bulls were pretty good.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So, make Hinrich undisputed team captain, sign him to a 50 year 1 billion contract?

This year, I may agree with you, but I need a bigger sample size of Hinrich to make that determination. Any other year, I disagree about Kirk.

Edit: I should say recent years... His early years with the Bulls were pretty good.

since that's obviously what I was implying :obama:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

As long as Pax is alive, Kirk may break all of Jordan's franchise totals.

He'll need more than safety glasses. Maybe we'll witness the first player to wear kineseo tape from head to toe.

Also imagine 20 years after he retires, all the young NBA fans will rave about how he deserves a mention for GOAT.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im guessing you picked up that "rip your dick off" saying last night? :lol:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is because we do not have one point guard on our roster. We do not have anyone other than Rose and Butler who are better than average at guard or SF.