3 on 3

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just curious as to what the consensus is on the new OT format.

I, for one, can't stand it. 3 on 3 is a situation that players have played maybe 5 shifts of in their entire lives prior to the implementation of this rule. They aren't going to spend a whole lot of time practicing it even though it may decide playoff spots. And, guys look lost and confused out there (and I'm not just talking about the Hawks). I remember everyone decrying the shootout rule because it favored teams with a group of star forwards while negating a team's D, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be a similar reaction this year. I just don't get it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only question is...is it better than a shoot out. If guys are lost due to inexperience that will go away over time. It's also the best thing for the all star tourney, can't wait to see our division dominate.

The Hawks look like they will never play a shoutout and can't go 2 minutes in these things. Combination of great finishers and giving up ridiculous chances, maybe we risk too much and rush 3 or Q has bad plan for changes.

THEcrunkfu

Liked Posts:
Only question is...is it better than a shoot out. If guys are lost due to inexperience that will go away over time. It's also the best thing for the all star tourney, can't wait to see our division dominate.

The Hawks look like they will never play a shoutout and can't go 2 minutes in these things. Combination of great finishers and giving up ridiculous chances, maybe we risk too much and rush 3 or Q has bad plan for changes.

Combination of both. Maybe more of Q though.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NHL is turning into the NBA, highlighting superstar players over a team concept. If you can't tell, I hate the NBA.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hate it. can't decide more or less than shootout, but probably more.