Osweiler vs Cutler

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said in the other thread, keep gloating about it now because it makes it more fun looking back on this in the future.

Sanders is a stud WR. I would love to continue seeing him with a good QB throwing him the ball. He is more than talented enough to produce huge numbers on a regular basis. I may be going too far out on a limb here but after watching the guy on a regular basis. I would have to say his talent level is as good as it gets. I would love to see him in a Bears Uniform.
I'm not gloating. I just enjoyed the game cause I hate the Pats. Sanders is not a stud. Stop being ridiculous. I'd much rather have Alshon than him. This was Osweiler's second start and he showed a lot. I guarantee you Kubiak is thinking of a way to keep Osweiler as starter even when Peyton's ready to go.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If Osweiler succeeds it will being interesting to keep an eye on the QBs that come out of UCLA from now on.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Osweiler succeeds it will being interesting to keep an eye on the QBs that come out of UCLA from now on.

like the one that just got drafted in 2015..lol...just trollin

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I'm not gloating. I just enjoyed the game cause I hate the Pats. Sanders is not a stud. Stop being ridiculous. I'd much rather have Alshon than him. This was Osweiler's second start and he showed a lot. I guarantee you Kubiak is thinking of a way to keep Osweiler as starter even when Peyton's ready to go.

If Kubiak is smart he was thinking of a way to replace Manning before the year started. Which is a desire that should have grown stronger and stronger as the weeks rolled by. I can't imagine how frustrating that was to know that Manning was holding the team back because he was now producing like he was actively trying to become the worst starting QB in the league. Yet not being able to remove him until it was clear to everyone else on the planet that it was time to remove his broken down ass out of the starting lineup.

I'm not sure if you ever commented on the subject last year but quite a few posters on these boards thought Manning was done by the end of last year. It appears that is the case and its sad for Manning to end his career like that but it is what it is.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Kubiak is smart he was thinking of a way to replace Manning before the year started. Which is a desire that should have grown stronger and stronger as the weeks rolled by. I can't imagine how frustrating that was to know that Manning was holding the team back because he was now producing like he was actively trying to become the worst starting QB in the league. Yet not being able to remove him until it was clear to everyone else on the planet that it was time to remove his broken down ass out of the starting lineup.

I'm not sure if you ever commented on the subject last year but quite a few posters on these boards thought Manning was done by the end of last year. It appears that is the case and its sad for Manning to end his career like that but it is what it is.
Hard to replace a legend like that. Many thought it odd when Kubiak was brought in and Peyton brought back cause they don't go together at all. Hard to say If Peyton's collapse has been due to age, the new system, injuries or all of the above but he won't be with the Broncos next year and has said he wants to play next year even if not with the Broncos.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Hard to replace a legend like that. Many thought it odd when Kubiak was brought in and Peyton brought back cause they don't go together at all. Hard to say If Peyton's collapse has been due to age, the new system, injuries or all of the above but he won't be with the Broncos next year and has said he wants to play next year even if not with the Broncos.

It's hard to replace him because of his history but it had to be done. It actually should have been done long ago to be honest. I suppose its best that it wasn't done much sooner though. Having let him play so far into the year and produce such awful results made it much easier to remove him from the throne. Had he replaced him earlier in the season it may have caused some serious problems and second guessing.

As far as Denver goes, they were in a much better position to wait because their defense is extremely good and capable of winning games with a subpar offense that is turning the ball over each and every game.

Once they lost a couple of games & the season started to look like it could implode quickly, they had no choice but to remove Peyton. Him saying he is injured just made the decision that much easier to deal with.

If Brock can continue to play decent, it may end up being a problem when Manning says he is ready to go again. Yet I think the team is going to tell him to enjoy his place on the bench. Which will lead to him retiring or playing elsewhere in 2016.

Even if Brock falters, I still think the Bronco's are done with Manning at this point. They will draft a QB next year in the first round and trade up if they need to. Manning is unlikely to be in the teams future plans after the 2015 season concludes.

I could be wrong but I doubt I am on this one. Elway ass is also on the line if he continues to let Manning play and he continues to be the worst starting QB in football. Which is another reason to believe that Manning won't be getting another shot to retain his starting role after the season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They seem to run a different O for the 2 QBs. Manning who has had a weak arm since his come back, has a an even weaker one this year and is more the issue than the O run. We'll see if he can throw as well as last year after some time off. Osweiler is a good prospect that's accurate and has a nice long ball but it's a slow delivery and he's not a strong armed QB. Call it sufficient. Tall QBs often get injured as well but he's more mobile than most of those. Manning could no longer have made those 2 deep passes in his last drive without throwing them 1/2 sec earlier and looking like punts.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I find it amazing that the Broncos started the season out with a 7 game win streak or whatever it was with Manning. lol

the couple games they lost probably could've been wins with Osweiler. I can't believe how tall that guy is for the position either.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh 3rd and long, you silly goose.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Keep going on the Pedophile track. The next step will be to obtain your real name and IP address from the owners of the website. I take the pedophile accusation seriously and so do the courts.

EL OH EL!

STFU you fat twat.

willynowei

Liked Posts:
The Broncos have by far the best roster outside of the QB position in the NFL, it's really not even close. Peyton was easily having the worst year of any QB i can remember in the last 5 or so years throwing 3 to 4 INTs per game, often times with no pressure (O-line weaknesses existst but is overblown). That tells you all you need to know about their roster.

Brock wouldn't be able to start for any other team in the league. He has a longer delivery than Byron Leftwich and frequently lets guys get too close when he's winding up to throw the ball, his ground game delivered nearly 200 yards against a top defense on a slippery surface, his receivers made big plays, which isn't surprising considering how talented they are. He plays for Gary Kubiak whose offense is insanely easy for the QB when the running game gets going, Kubiak made Jake Plummer a 90+ rating QB and that guy had a negative TD INT ratio his whole career. The last time that Cutler played for Kubiak, they were on pace to break the scoring record before 9 runningbacks went out on IR. When they lost the runninggame, Cutler started throwing picks, before that, I remember the nationwide argument on whether Rodgers was as good as Cutler. It's just a QB friendly offense, it sacrifices other areas to achieve this, but it works as long as you have a strong running game.

I would be slow to judge BO while he's in that system, with that kind of talent around him, as of now, he's a backup playing passable football, which is a huge upgrade over PM, but that's not saying much.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
They seem to run a different O for the 2 QBs. Manning who has had a weak arm since his come back, has a an even weaker one this year and is more the issue than the O run. We'll see if he can throw as well as last year after some time off. Osweiler is a good prospect that's accurate and has a nice long ball but it's a slow delivery and he's not a strong armed QB. Call it sufficient. Tall QBs often get injured as well but he's more mobile than most of those. Manning could no longer have made those 2 deep passes in his last drive without throwing them 1/2 sec earlier and looking like punts.

Kubiak is definitely running different plays now. Manning was not a good fit for his style offense.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Osweiler succeeds it will being rating to keep on the QBs that come out of UCLA from now on.
How in the HELL can you pretend to be a sports journalist, if you don't even know that ASU and UCLA are 2 different schools, it two totally different states.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jc456

Liked Posts:

funny stuff, just like when Kaepernick for SF had his glory games. funny the way some people over react to a football win.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
funny stuff, just like when Kaepernick for SF had his glory games. funny the way some people over react to a football win.

You Cutty fans are weird. Can't talk good about another QB without you getting all bent out of shape. It's like a jealousy thing. It's creepy.

Doogolas

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Osweiler played OK, but people are definitely heavily overreacting. I would be stunned if the Broncos don't give the ball back to Manning when he gets back. There's no way that's happening.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If not for the Hail Marry esque bomb Brock had a fairy pedestrian game, not bad, but not great. Several times he held the ball too long and took a sack he shouldn't have. Once he got saved by a bad call from it.