#Bears have waived QB Jimmy Clausen and promoted QB David Fales to active roster.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Terrence Mitchell also got the axe from the practice squad.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That meant Trestman probably had his fingers in the cookie jar. Just a thought here .....but if Fales fails how about Kapernick as a backup next year. Sure better than Clausen.
If Gase or McCoy is the OC, I think they could get a lot of use out of Kaepernick, should they need to use the backup QB in games.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am stunned it took so long.
After seattle, it was crystal clear that Clausen was a wasted roster spot.
They could have put Long in as a backup qb and it would bewilder me less than seeing Clausen come out.

As a former star collegiate pitcher, I'd bet that he could throw a football better than Clausen:)

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Honestly, if they were worried about another team looking at Fales, then they should have had him in that 2nd game Cutler was injured for instead of Jimmy.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
As a former star collegiate pitcher, I'd bet that he could throw a football better than Clausen:)

B91rHrECEAAg8Xo.jpg

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Honestly, if they were worried about another team looking at Fales, then they should have had him in that 2nd game Cutler was injured for instead of Jimmy.

Well obviously some other team was going to sign him or they would not have promoted him. That team or teams forced the Bears hand and I agree, should have started Fales instead of Clausen (especially after his showing against the Cardinals).

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
Bye Bye to our tank captain. We had 0-16 aspirations with him out there.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Did they change the box score then? Fumble not INT?

Yes. It was so blatantly obvious it was a fumble. In fact, I don't even think it was ever ruled an INT. I think the announcers just got it wrong.

It was in the box scores as an INT until the end of the game, it was then changed to a fumble.
Why you guys are talking about Cutler throwing an interception or 2 in this thread is beyond me...

Fales gets promoted and Clausen waived because a) Clausen sucks b) someone is interested in poaching Fales off our practice squad

The way Cutler is playing for Gase he will be here as the starter passed this season, you realise this right?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jimmy ClausenVerified account
‏@JimmyClausen
Grateful to be apart of the @ChicagoBears organization the past 2 seasons. Incredible teammates, coaches & fans in Chicago. Thank you

Now all you fuckers feel bad don't you?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That meant Trestman probably had his fingers in the cookie jar. Just a thought here .....but if Fales fails how about Kapernick as a backup next year. Sure better than Clausen.

That's only if nobody offers him a starting job. There are some really bad QB's out there. Teams so desperate they will view Kapernick as a possible starter. If he gets no starter type contract offers then he would look for a backup job with the best possibility to potentially start, frequently injured or QB's on a short leash. The Bears might fit into that category.

The whole thing becomes meaningless if the 49'ers find a trading partner, I can't see that happening. If you guys think the cutler contract is bad take a look at this turd:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

A 23M cap hit in 2020, $61,000,000 guaranteed? I can't imagine anyone wanting that.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
That's only if nobody offers him a starting job. There are some really bad QB's out there. Teams so desperate they will view Kapernick as a possible starter. If he gets no starter type contract offers then he would look for a backup job with the best possibility to potentially start, frequently injured or QB's on a short leash. The Bears might fit into that category.

The whole thing becomes meaningless if the 49'ers find a trading partner, I can't see that happening. If you guys think the cutler contract is bad take a look at this turd:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

A 23M cap hit in 2020, $61,000,000 guaranteed? I can't imagine anyone wanting that.

That's a great sig you have.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oddly, i think this is a sign were thinking about drafting a QB. Probably want to see what False can do in practice and possibly in a game to evaluate him. I'd actually be surprised if he's the back up next year so i have to assume were opening up the roster spot to give him a chance to prove himself.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

While I think they have intentions of drafting a QB if they can get the right one at a spot, this has nothing to do with it. They were playing experience over ability with Clausen and made the correct decision on Fales when they had to. Emery did the same thing last year when SD and NE came sniffing. He just didn't cut Clausen.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 50s50 seconds ago
#49ers and #Ravens tried to sign QB David Fales before #Bears promoted him from practice squad to 53 man roster.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 56s56 seconds ago
Ravens claimed former Bears QB Jimmy Clausen off waivers, per source. Clausen and Ravens OC Marc Trestman reunite in Baltimore.